“Personable and friendly staff, solid budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Point Clare, New South Wales, Australia
“Personable and friendly staff, solid budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed for 11 nights as part of a business convention in Oct 2010. Having spent 32 hours in transit, really apprecciated the courtesy vehicle from the airport at midnight. Staff were just amazingly helpful and understanding throughout the convention. Room was clean, serviced and comfortable enough.

Meals were what I expected so no qualms there. I will be staying there again in 2013 as part of another convention and am looking forward to it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Very friendly service but checked in, all the way up to the room, heater fan so noisy that I heard it through the door in the hall (why housekeeping didn't get maintenance to fix this BEFORE they rented room is beyond me) then all the way back down carrying loads of stuff sent me to a smoking room that smelled worse that a pool hall, so all the way BACK down then gave me a handicap room that they said was the last available room supposed to be non smoking, it smelled as bad as the smoking room, but I went to sleep because I had over an hour trying to get into a room, next day they moved me to the 4th room and it didn't smell of smoke but there was tons of dust/dirt on top of the refrigerator, in the corners, and most everywhere that wasn't main walking space. Staff is real nice but Housekeeping stinks WOULD RECOMMEND STAYING SOMEWHERE ELSE

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PCottam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We heartily regret the experience you had with our property. We are a friendly, gracious hotel that strives to make our guests happy, satisfied. If you stayed in a non-smoking guest room that smelled of smoke, a customer was not fair to you and we need to clean the air and furniture. Our rooms do not offer refrigerators, and if you special ordered one for your room, I am sorry that you received a dusty appliance.
Your comments make us better - we thank you for the input.
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed there on Oct 24th for a night with my two kids, their hotel was part of our vacation to Disney World, with the park ,stay and fly package. We drove here from Erie, Pa to fly out of Cleveland because it was cheaper, for a small extra charge, it was maybe $20.00 more we were able to park our car under well lit, and security camera coverage lot so it would be watched while in Disney. Very Friendly staff, very clean comfortable room , nice pool, great shuttle service. Their shuttle service had taken us to a great casual eating restaurant , picked us up when done, in morning had taken us to the airport and picked us up when we returned a week later. Me and my kids will stay here again and are planning a weekend trip to stay there again next year to attend Rock n Roll hall of fame, zoo and maybe a Indians game.
Thanks for a great night stay and awesome service!!! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reynoldsburg, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here one night, the original room that was reserved for me and my children smelled like stale cigarettes. I pulled the covers back on the bed and found bed bugs. Very disappointed! The front desk immediately gave us a different room, but didn't offer any type of discount or upgrade.

Room Tip: For best room selection, do not stay here!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tramz25, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
The following response is respectfully submitted. First and foremost it should be noted that this isolated incident has been taken very seriously by the staff and management of the Holiday Inn. Our guests, past and future, should not be alarmed as there is no bed bug problem at the Holiday Inn.

Although an isolated occurrence, anytime a guest is not satisfied or not comfortable for any reason it becomes a top concern for all of us at the Holiday Inn, as guest satisfaction and comfort remain our number one priority.

Regarding the incident in question the room was immediately taken off-line; a staff evaluation was conducted, followed by a thorough professional examination. It is not until management is 100% certain that the room is suitable for occupancy that it will be returned to inventory. As an experienced and conscientious hospitality professional this incident is both frustrating and alarming, as we host thousands of guests each year, consistently providing exemplary service and comfort. We unequivocally apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort this guest experienced and once again, we would like to assure you that the Holiday Inn does not have a bed bug problem. We take every step including staff training and implementing professional preventative programs to insure our guests’ comfort.

Employees of the Holiday Inn are firmly committed to guest satisfaction and the guest experience. We would like to personally invite you to experience this for yourself.

Patrick Maciak
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday night due to our power being out at home. Got a great deal on priceline for only $50 and it was well worth it! Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The king room we were in had a couch and small coffee table. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept on. The bar/restaurant was nice and the bartender was great. My only complaint is that they need some updates to the outside/hallways.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words, I will share them with all of our staff. Also we are planning a complete renovation starting the second quarter of 2013.

Patrick Maciak
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel a lot, and the folks at this hotel were extremely nice and helpful, even at 1 am when I needed something. They also offer a shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, which is great if you are not renting a car but are just passing through and need to get out to see the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Made the arrangements through the 800 number. Repeatedly told them that the card I was using was my sister's. When we checked in it was not noted. I explained to them that my sister was in the the car and not able to be transported back and forth as she was there being worked up for a lung transplant and not able to breath very well. They would not check me in until i got my sister out of the car so she could show them her driver's license. People next door fought all night. Front desk personnel would not acknowledge me when I was standing there. We stayed for 3 days and the first day the housekeeper knocked on our door at 8:15 in the morning and we told her to come back later, which she did, a half hour later and walked in on us. Bathroom did not have clean towels, no coffee, no refills on shampoo or conditioner and there was a big hairball left under the sink. The only good thing was the discount we got because my sister was a patient at the Cleveland Clinic. I also could not find any hot water anywhere near. Checkout was friendly and quick though. I have stayed at Holiday Inn's before and all over Europe and have never had an experience like this one. before.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!