“Excellent Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Used Hotwire and was assigned this hotel. I was very pleased with the hotel especially at the price received. Everyone who assisted me at the front desk was just great. Very helpful and hospitable. Older property but recent upgrades including LCD flat screen tv's. Location is in an older industrial area but I felt safe and rail system within walking distance (busy street to cross though) and will have you at Tower City downtown in about 20 minutes. Hotel also close to airport and has a free shuttle service. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed her two nights ago. I was dropping my daughter off at Oberlin, and they only have B&Bs there, so I came here and used points to get it for free. I arrived around 9 p.m. and left at 7 a.m. Being it was right near the freeway, I can't say anything about the area. It is near the airport, but I only heard a couple of planes in the distance. The room was decent size, the bathroom a little tight, but for one person, it was fine. It was clean, everything worked, no problems. When I checked in there were two people ahead of me. The clerk acknowledged me immediately and said he would be with me as soon as he could. The wait was only a minute or two, he apologized for the wait when it was my turn. Both he and the morning clerk were friendly and efficient. I didn't eat at the hotel or use the pool, but the pool looked fine. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Massillon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were only at this hotel for about 6 hours before flying out of Cleveland airport (we're from abbout an hour south of the hotel). We were on the first floor, corner room closest to the door in the back.There were ants in the bathroom, didn't notice them anywhere else. The handle to turn the shower on was broken. As soon as I touched it it fell off, I left a note for the maid as I noticed it at 3am while getting ready to check out. All the employees were friendly and the shuttle service was nice. We didn't take advantage of any of the amenities like food or pool or Wifi. This hotel does have Bath and Body Works soaps and lotions-very awesome!! We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We were unsure about the hotel after seeing the area it was in but were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Check in was fast and the gentlement at the front desk was very professional and even found us a room next to the party we were traveling with. The rooms were tidy, beds were comfortable, and overall we did not have any issues.

• Stayed August 2012
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I mistakenly got a smoking room and it STUNK! room also had a connecting door through which I could hear the neighbours (or their TV) . Window view was of somebodies back yard. Room was very average.

Main redeeming point of this stay was the nice indoor swimming pool downstairs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The staff was a wonderful help to our family when we needed it so bad. They went out of their way to help us. The hotel was wonderful. Our room on the 5th floor was clean and the service
was excellent. The pool was great. When we are in Cleveland again we will stay at this wonderful hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
North Richland Hills, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here because we were using points and it was relatively close to a relative's. It was okay. The room was clean and service was good. The internet service, in our room anyway, was horrible. Ate dinner at the restaurant at the front of the property, Nana's. Not a meal we would return for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear kglen1,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, cleanliness and the location of the hotel. However, I am sorry to read that you encountered some issues with the internet connection. I want to assure you that it has been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!