“Nice place, good location, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Nice place, good location, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I'm staying at the Airport Holiday Inn, and I've had a good, clean room and good service. The location was great for me, as I was visiting family nearby. The room was neat, clean and cool (heat wave at the end of June). The front desk was very friendly, and the price was good. I expect to stay here again when I travel this way next time. There was a soccer team and a big family reunion going on, but no one seemed out of sorts from the influx.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I am writing from the hotel. While the room is large and for the most part clean, it is shabby, needs updating and the bathroom is a complete redo. The bed spread on the bed is dingy but the bed seems comfortable enough. Had I known this I would have paid the extra 50 bucks and stayed at the Marriott down the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Kim D,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay. I'm deeply sorry you were not satisfied with your room accommodations. It is regrettable we fell below your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class excellence. For that reason, your feedback will be looked into and are forwarded to the departments involved. Thank you again for posting your comments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

we checked out after one nightmare from Howard johnson and stayed at the Holiday inn for three nights , it is much better service , breakfast , at least no bed bugs

Room Tip: I suggest this hotel if you are in Brook park or by the airport in Cleveland
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is an existing Holiday Inn and not a brand new hotel. Holiday Inn has updated this hotel with newer beds, TVs and bathrooms. The hotel was extremely clean and I check the dirt around light switches … not a speck! I was impressed! This hotel was around the airport and I seen the planes flying over … but I have no idea where the airport is in conjunction with this hotel. The hotel sits right next to HWY 71. The area is industry a bit but then on the other side of HWY is a Marriott Hotel and everything you need is around from fast food to chain restaurants. The indoor pool was immaculate … I meant super clean! I did not see a hot tub but there might have been one. I have to do a shout out … we came in on a Sunday and the Manager was working the desk and he was one of the nicest people I have ever met. In fact, both of the guys at the front desk were awesome. As I waited to check in one of the guests staying there walked in (the guest was working road construction on HWY 71) and the Manager working the desk knew who he was by name and handed him some glasses he left in the lobby and the guy smiled and said, “That’s why you are Manager” … I am telling you I would stay at this hotel again just because I think this hotel is ran by superior Management who take guest satisfaction to a newer height … and that’s a rare thing these days …most say it but don’t play it. When my turn came in line the Manager treated me the same way with smiles and tips and advice on the area and such. I even told him that I was impressed. This hotel is not far from Lakewood, Ohio which has an awesome park that sits on Lake Erie and beautiful skyline of downtown Cleveland. We just stayed overnight but I would not hesitate or blink an eye to stay here again. The location is “ok” … no major malls and there is an older area to go through before you get to the million dollar homes in Lakewood that sit on or around the Lake Erie. Overall, it’s more urbanism area and then goes “burbs” quickly. Great family hotel and I would hands down stay here again with no worries. I have walked out of hotels … even gotten in arguments and wrote and sent pictures to corporate if I go up to a room and something funky, dirty or just downright not going to work. I am not about names or labels. I don’t care if you are a Super8 or Omni … I’ll call you out if you hotel is not meeting city and county codes or representing.

Room Tip: Mid-hotel by the elevators is great place to get a room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Grayslake, Illinois, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as it was close to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo (our destination of choice). I figured with the name Holiday Inn, it would be acceptable, right? NOT!!! This place, like the other reviewers state, is a dump I wouldn't send my worst enemy to. Read on for details.

Room: Average size, but gross. The bathroom had black mold growing along the cracks in the ceiling, and the window curtain was plastic, and had some how been shredded and stuck to the window. Because the curtain was riddled with holes, we had a ringside view of the houses right next to the hotel, and I had the "pleasure" of watching some guy in his living room, I don't even want to say what he was doing. Sick, and not in a good way. We spent as much time out and about as we could, so as not to have to come back to this room. The key card lock on the outside door near our room was broken, meaning any scumbag off the street could get in - freaked me out.

Amenities: The pool was nice enough, and no one in it the two nights we were there (come to think of it, now I wonder why...). The water temperature was just right, and there were clean towels provided a plenty. Other than the pool, there really WEREN'T any that come to mind. There was a broke down restaurant we didn't dare try, and nothing else.

Hotel Staff: Poor. When we booked the room we asked for the quietest room possible because of small children. What we got was a 1st floor room (there are 3 floors to the hotel), located smack in between the pool and the main door to go outside. We heard heavy traffic all night both nights, and the second night there was a VERY loud couple drinking and fighting right outside our door. I called the front desk several times, and no one ever picked up. Horrid.

Value: Terrible. They couldn't pay me to stay here again, ever, for any reason.

Room Tip: If you dare to stay here, insure you are on a top floor, on the parking lot side.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear j2white,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J
IHGCare
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights with the 11 month old and the 3 year old. We slept good every night in the comfy bed. Had no noise issues and the front desk helped us with everything we asked. The restaurant is a little pricey for breakfast and you will get more and better food at Bob Evans. There are no bells and whistles, but there is nothing lacking either. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hotel seems to be in the 1980's. Rooms are dark newest thing in the room is the TV. The couple days I was there the HBO didn't work. And they had the least channels to view that I have seen. Even as a Platinum member I got nothing extra, no room upgrades, no free breakfast, no free drinks, I mean nothing. My profile says not near elevators or ice machines. They gave me a room behind the elevator. Plus the room rates change daily. You can get a room for one price on Monday and Tuesday pay much more for the same room. I like Holiday Inn but I do not plan to stay at this one again if I am in the area. Stay away we can do much better while in the Cleveland area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!