“More Than Satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
brooklyn new york
“More Than Satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We just returned from Cleveland after spending eight nights at this property, as they were a host hotel for Gay Games nine. In eight nights, you pretty much get to see it all and can really judge a hotel's karma. I thought they did a super job and we never came into contact with a disgruntled employee or one with an attitude. The contrary was true, in that they made our stay extra special and went out of their way to please us. The staff really cares and you can tell. Kudos to Gabi and all the crew who were a cut above and treated us royally.
The hotel is well located, close to so many things to see and do and has lovely rooms.
A winner for sure.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
ClevelandMarriottKey, Executive Assistant at Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about your recent stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments with Gabi and the rest of the team. It was such a joy to have Cleveland host the Gay Games, it was a big win for the city. I hope that you did well in the games. I appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back as our guest in the guest in the future.
Best Regards,
Kristen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Erie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Checked in late afternoon and we were given upgrade to a lovely suite. Great room, great view...or so we thought.
EARLY the next morning (6:30 am) we started to hear chairs scraping on the floor directly above us and it lasted until 9:30 am. Turns out, we were directly below the concierge lounge and as soon as breakfast began, we could hear the people moving above us. Wouldn't have been a problem if we were there for business and up early, but this was a pleasure trip so it didn't turn out that the upgrade was a good idea. Not sure anyone would like to stay in this particular suite. (room 1921)
The only other problem we had was that when we returned to our room a little after midnight, our keys didn't work. Made a trip down to the front desk only to find no one working there. Saw lots of other employees, but none behind the front desk. One even stopped and went behind the desk, calling out "Hello???" and no one came. I had to use the phone to call "at your service" to get someone to come and when she did, I didn't even get an apology. I don't think it was too much to ask that someone be working at the front desk of this hotel, even at midnight.
The hotel itself was in a great location and up to date. And the man in charge of the concierge lounge was exceptionally nice and friendly. That being said, these other issues clouded our stay.

Room Tip: Don't choose suite 1921. It's directly under the concierge lounge and you hear every movemen...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ClevelandMarriottKey, Executive Assistant at Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. I express my deepest apologies to you regarding the noise, key and service issues you expressed concerns about. I can assure you guest experience is one of our top priorities. I am glad to hear that Pete was nice and friendly in the concierge lounge. Please email me at Kristen.mcclellan@marriott.com for further assistance. I appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.
Best Regards,
Kristen
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

In service and hospitality, the gold medal goes to the housekeeping staff for ensuring my room was clean and comfortable my entire trip.

In the culinary category, tied in first place is Duke's and David's, both serving up excellent food and service.

And in the "Extra Mile" category, the gold medal and MVP award goes to Cecilly at the front desk who, when recognizing that I missed the laundry drop off for shirts I needed to man out company booth at the festival, took it on herself to take my shirts, launder them in the hotel, and have them folded and on my bed by the time I got back that evening. Truly outstanding. Check out the note she left me as well. Cleveland rocks and so did the Marriott. Thank you.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

the marriott never really disappoints. Adam at the desk was great in getting me a lake view room. Smaller rooms than I used to for the marriott. Breakfast on the Saturday was a disaster. We say 15 minutes before we were even approached for coffee and the buffet food was cold. My husband waited 10 minutes by the omelet cook and she still did not acknowledge him. To the hotels credit the food and beverages manager did approach is after I spoke with out server and apologize. Sunday breakfast did go smoother. Overall a not bad experience chose it because of its rock and roll hall of fame package and it was priced well and satisfactory

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kiriat Motzkin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I attended a conference at the Convention Center and stayed at this hotel. Its location is literally across the street from Convention Center. There is no closer hotel than the Marriott. Could jump to my room during the breaks!
The hotel is very nice and well maintained. It has a large lobby and a bar, where we ate dinner once. The service in the bar is very quick and professional. At 20th floor, there is a guest lounge, open daily from 6:30 to 9:30, and from 17:00 to 21:00. You can get breakfast from a small buffet, which is well provided with quality products and food. They serve Starbucks coffee, eggs, ham, cheese, bagels, juices, cakes, muffins, fruits and a lot more. In the evening the same buffet serves hot dishes (no meat). After 20:00 they add deserts. If you are lucky and considered as a business guest, the room key will open the lounge and you can enjoy almost "full board" at this hotel!
Our room on 20th floor overlooked the lake and the stadium. It was a large room, very clean and well maintained. The bed is very comfortable and the sleep quality is superb. The room has a minibar refrigerator, a working desk and a large bath area. The WIFI is free of charge and of course – it is fast.
Overall, it was a very nice experience, and I will definitely return to this hotel and other Marriott properties. Recommended!

Room Tip: High floor rooms (20th and above) get the privilege to use the lounge! Ask for Lake View!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Orion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The staff at this hotel are awesome. Very friendly and helpful. For myself and my 3 teenages the standard 2 queen room was a bit small but we managed ok. The pool is small and the whirlpool was not working. Walking distance to restaurants and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I wish all hotels were this wonderful! The staff is so incredibly friendly, sweet, accommodating and better than any hotel staff that we have encountered in years and we travel a lot. Ashley M in the front office was outstanding as well as every other staff member from the valet welcome,front desk, dining room and concierge. Make your reservations you will not be sorry! The breakfast buffet was wonderful and the lady making the made to order omelettes was great. The location of the hotel is perfect and the Rock and Roll hall of fame package worked perfectly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center? Share your experiences!