“Absolutely Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Kent, Ohio
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My partner and I booked two nights at the Key Center Marriott for a weekend away and for a chance to explore downtown Cleveland, all while finally having the chance to celebrate our two-year anniversary. Everything about this hotel exceeded my expectations. Because of the outstanding staff, staying here made our weekend even more special.

First, we received an upgraded room which was amazing. We were on the 20th floor, in a corner king room that overlooked Lake Erie, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, First Energy Stadium, the Flats, and even part of Public Square. The view was incredible and the room was large, spotless, well-appointed, quiet, and extremely comfortable.

The package we booked included Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tickets. The Rock Hall is a short free trolley ride or walk from the hotel. The concierge has excellent recommendations on how to get around the city, as well as recommendations on food, events, etc in the downtown area. Stop by the concierge for a great list of events in the city during the time of your stay. There were taxis outside the hotel every time we left. The valet was fast and friendly, and the bell hop was attentive and very welcoming each and every time we came and left the hotel.

We opted for room service breakfast for both mornings. It was delivered hot and on time and by a very enjoyable and courteous room service attendant. We also had dinner on Friday night in Jake's Lounge. David's restaurant was closed but Jake's had a full menu at 10:15pm. I enjoyed Jake's Lounge and definitely plan to make it a part of future visits to this hotel.

This hotel has everything you need and then some when you are in downtown Cleveland. However, the real prize at this Marriott is the outstanding staff. I have stayed in many hotels for leisure, and have yet to find a more energetic, welcoming, and kind hotel staff. No one goes non-greeted by the bell hop when you enter or exit the hotel. The concierge was very knowledgeable. The server at David's and the attendant who delivered room service were great as well. The front desk staff was amazing. An outstanding front desk attendant named Blake left us an extremely thoughtful and personal and nice note about our two-year anniversary, and offered complimentary breakfast room service for us- which was amazing! We also received another note under our door from the rooms controller congratulating us on two years- and this note also included a complimentary bottle of champagne! The staff at this hotel truly made us feel welcome and special as we celebrated our two-year anniversary and enjoyed our time downtown. They made us feel like VIPs from the time we arrived to the time we left.

I can't think of anything about this Marriott that is not top notch or five stars. The property and the rooms are great, the location is perfect, and the staff is phenomenal. I highly recommend staying here, and will be back on future trips to Cleveland!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ClevelandMarriottKey, General Manager at Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Cleveland Marriott to celebrate your two-year anniversary. I am so pleased to hear that my staff made your weekend special. I will share your positive comments with my team, especially Ashley (room’s controller) and Blake. I appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.
Best Regards,
Bob Megazzini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stay at this hotel yearly during the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend. This hotel is SUPER spotless, rooms are beautiful, and the staff strive to make your experience top rate. You are greeted throughout the building by friendly staff who will stop to ask you if they can help with anything. We had a defective television in our room which required us to manually switch it on. No big deal as we weren't there for that. Management offered to put us in another room. Apparently they are replacing all their room tvs next month with new ones. Pop/water machine was "sold out" so management sent up a free pop in a chilled wine server as well as a plate of large chocolate covered strawberries as compensation. We weren't expecting that! The beds are comfortable, rooms are quiet, room temps comfortable,some great views, and local shopping/attractions. The hotel's restaurant is pricy, but local restaurants are only steps away. My "local" call to family was considered long distance, but the hotel only charges a flat rate (under $2.00) for your call and you can chat as long as you like for the one low price. The only downside of this hotel is the dismal selection in the gift shop (more necessities and a better reading materials section would be great). Overall, you can't beat a Marriott, especially this one in downtown Cleveland. In one word, " incredible!".

Room Tip: Gorgeous views if your room is at the front of the hotel. Also, the higher the room the quieter it i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Cleveland Marriott is impressive. This is my second stay at this property in the last month. The staff is efficient and friendly. Very well decorated lobby, great bar and restaurant. Rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Breakfast buffet is well stocked. Location downtown is in the heart of the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

There is no need to defend Gabi Koczian and Tom Mostato and the Marriott Key Center, but let's set the record straight. I happened to be standing in the reception area when the lady below was checking in, in her pajamas with her family. She was rude and out of control, yelling at the staff, there is reason security had to be called to handle the situation. I am a long time returning guest at the Key Center, Gabi Koczian, Tom Mostato, Mary Kennard, Matt Lawrence are all professional, respectful and kind at all times. I stay at the hotel weekly and I truly appreciate that the staff is keeping the place safe and secure in downtown Cleveland. I am part of a minority racial group, ad well, there is no discrimination, it's the best place to stay in Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

No problems here at all. Very much enjoyed the staff. All very friendly. Especially enjoyed the lovely female bartender who made an awesome Bloody Mary. Our housekeeper was very friendly Good location. Close to mall and casino. Some good restaurants nearby. All good!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was the worse encounter that i have had with the marriott. I have stayed there several times and never once have i had a problem with the staff until 11-15-2013. When i walked into the lobby and approached the front desk, a man by the name of tom looked at me as if i didnt belong in the hotel, im a black woman by the way. I advised him that i had a reservation gave him my name and he asked me if i was sure i had a reservation there, as if i wasnt telling the truth. So he found my reservation which was booked through the horseshoe casino, I was suppose to recieve a double bed he gave me one king size bed, i informed him that i needed two double beds. I was then approached by the front desk manager who didnt even introduce herself to me she didnt even ask if there was anything she can do for me, she immediately told me what she wasnt doing, her name is gabriella koczian.She called my vip host and told her that she would not let me stay there if i didnt calm down the whole time i was there i was nothing but nice and respectful, never got out of hand or control never even raised my voice and i was treated like scum of the earth.Well my host was on the phone with me i was put on hold i stood at the front desk for 30 mins and no one was on the line and both tom and gabriella knew it and they continued to have me standing there, gabriella then came to me and told me that i would not be staying at the marriott and she would not contact anyone about it. She then called security and had me escorted out like i was a criminal then she informed my host tiffany soltis that i was banded from the hotel and could never stay there again.I have since turned this over to my attorney for defimation of character and discrimination.Word to the wise if youre black and she is there turn around do not give your business to a corporation who have prejudice people working there.I was embarrased and dissapointed to see this happen to me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have stayed at numerous Marriott locations and this place has the best staff and "rock star" treatment I have ever received! We had problems during check in, but they went above and beyond to accommodate us. Valet service from Richard was stellar, Alan was awesome and Dick at Concierge was a sweetheart and The waitstaff gave us first class treatment. Thank you to everyone for making us feel so special.

Been to Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center? Share your experiences!