My partner and I booked two nights at the Key Center Marriott for a weekend away and for a chance to explore downtown Cleveland, all while finally having the chance to celebrate our two-year anniversary. Everything about this hotel exceeded my expectations. Because of the outstanding staff, staying here made our weekend even more special.
First, we received an upgraded room which was amazing. We were on the 20th floor, in a corner king room that overlooked Lake Erie, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, First Energy Stadium, the Flats, and even part of Public Square. The view was incredible and the room was large, spotless, well-appointed, quiet, and extremely comfortable.
The package we booked included Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tickets. The Rock Hall is a short free trolley ride or walk from the hotel. The concierge has excellent recommendations on how to get around the city, as well as recommendations on food, events, etc in the downtown area. Stop by the concierge for a great list of events in the city during the time of your stay. There were taxis outside the hotel every time we left. The valet was fast and friendly, and the bell hop was attentive and very welcoming each and every time we came and left the hotel.
We opted for room service breakfast for both mornings. It was delivered hot and on time and by a very enjoyable and courteous room service attendant. We also had dinner on Friday night in Jake's Lounge. David's restaurant was closed but Jake's had a full menu at 10:15pm. I enjoyed Jake's Lounge and definitely plan to make it a part of future visits to this hotel.
This hotel has everything you need and then some when you are in downtown Cleveland. However, the real prize at this Marriott is the outstanding staff. I have stayed in many hotels for leisure, and have yet to find a more energetic, welcoming, and kind hotel staff. No one goes non-greeted by the bell hop when you enter or exit the hotel. The concierge was very knowledgeable. The server at David's and the attendant who delivered room service were great as well. The front desk staff was amazing. An outstanding front desk attendant named Blake left us an extremely thoughtful and personal and nice note about our two-year anniversary, and offered complimentary breakfast room service for us- which was amazing! We also received another note under our door from the rooms controller congratulating us on two years- and this note also included a complimentary bottle of champagne! The staff at this hotel truly made us feel welcome and special as we celebrated our two-year anniversary and enjoyed our time downtown. They made us feel like VIPs from the time we arrived to the time we left.
I can't think of anything about this Marriott that is not top notch or five stars. The property and the rooms are great, the location is perfect, and the staff is phenomenal. I highly recommend staying here, and will be back on future trips to Cleveland!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience ultimate style and sophistication at the revitalized Cleveland Marriott Downtown, an urban retreat. Offering stunning views of Lake Erie and the city skyline, this 25-story hotel boasts 400 rooms with sleek furnishings and upgraded bathrooms fresh off a $10 million renovation. Explore exciting attractions within a short walk of this metropolitan hotel, such as the new Horseshoe Casino, Quicken Loans Arena, Browns Stadium, Progressive Field and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Take advantage of our renowned hotel staff for unmatched hospitality and deep local knowledge for an authentic Cleveland experience. For casual dining, relax among warm wood styling at Jake’s sports lounge or taste contemporary American cuisine at David’s Restaurant, conveniently situated within our hotel. Rediscover comfort at the refreshingly-modern Cleveland Marriott Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Cleveland Downtown At Key Hotel Cleveland
- Key Center
- Cleveland Marriott Downtown At Key Center Ohio