“Excellence!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Chatham, Canada
“Excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stay at this hotel yearly during the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend. This hotel is SUPER spotless, rooms are beautiful, and the staff strive to make your experience top rate. You are greeted throughout the building by friendly staff who will stop to ask you if they can help with anything. We had a defective television in our room which required us to manually switch it on. No big deal as we weren't there for that. Management offered to put us in another room. Apparently they are replacing all their room tvs next month with new ones. Pop/water machine was "sold out" so management sent up a free pop in a chilled wine server as well as a plate of large chocolate covered strawberries as compensation. We weren't expecting that! The beds are comfortable, rooms are quiet, room temps comfortable,some great views, and local shopping/attractions. The hotel's restaurant is pricy, but local restaurants are only steps away. My "local" call to family was considered long distance, but the hotel only charges a flat rate (under $2.00) for your call and you can chat as long as you like for the one low price. The only downside of this hotel is the dismal selection in the gift shop (more necessities and a better reading materials section would be great). Overall, you can't beat a Marriott, especially this one in downtown Cleveland. In one word, " incredible!".

Room Tip: Gorgeous views if your room is at the front of the hotel. Also, the higher the room the quieter it i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Cleveland Marriott is impressive. This is my second stay at this property in the last month. The staff is efficient and friendly. Very well decorated lobby, great bar and restaurant. Rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Breakfast buffet is well stocked. Location downtown is in the heart of the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

There is no need to defend Gabi Koczian and Tom Mostato and the Marriott Key Center, but let's set the record straight. I happened to be standing in the reception area when the lady below was checking in, in her pajamas with her family. She was rude and out of control, yelling at the staff, there is reason security had to be called to handle the situation. I am a long time returning guest at the Key Center, Gabi Koczian, Tom Mostato, Mary Kennard, Matt Lawrence are all professional, respectful and kind at all times. I stay at the hotel weekly and I truly appreciate that the staff is keeping the place safe and secure in downtown Cleveland. I am part of a minority racial group, ad well, there is no discrimination, it's the best place to stay in Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

No problems here at all. Very much enjoyed the staff. All very friendly. Especially enjoyed the lovely female bartender who made an awesome Bloody Mary. Our housekeeper was very friendly Good location. Close to mall and casino. Some good restaurants nearby. All good!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was the worse encounter that i have had with the marriott. I have stayed there several times and never once have i had a problem with the staff until 11-15-2013. When i walked into the lobby and approached the front desk, a man by the name of tom looked at me as if i didnt belong in the hotel, im a black woman by the way. I advised him that i had a reservation gave him my name and he asked me if i was sure i had a reservation there, as if i wasnt telling the truth. So he found my reservation which was booked through the horseshoe casino, I was suppose to recieve a double bed he gave me one king size bed, i informed him that i needed two double beds. I was then approached by the front desk manager who didnt even introduce herself to me she didnt even ask if there was anything she can do for me, she immediately told me what she wasnt doing, her name is gabriella koczian.She called my vip host and told her that she would not let me stay there if i didnt calm down the whole time i was there i was nothing but nice and respectful, never got out of hand or control never even raised my voice and i was treated like scum of the earth.Well my host was on the phone with me i was put on hold i stood at the front desk for 30 mins and no one was on the line and both tom and gabriella knew it and they continued to have me standing there, gabriella then came to me and told me that i would not be staying at the marriott and she would not contact anyone about it. She then called security and had me escorted out like i was a criminal then she informed my host tiffany soltis that i was banded from the hotel and could never stay there again.I have since turned this over to my attorney for defimation of character and discrimination.Word to the wise if youre black and she is there turn around do not give your business to a corporation who have prejudice people working there.I was embarrased and dissapointed to see this happen to me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have stayed at numerous Marriott locations and this place has the best staff and "rock star" treatment I have ever received! We had problems during check in, but they went above and beyond to accommodate us. Valet service from Richard was stellar, Alan was awesome and Dick at Concierge was a sweetheart and The waitstaff gave us first class treatment. Thank you to everyone for making us feel so special.

New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The downtown Marriott is convenient to the convention center (across the street), restaurants, and even a healthy walk to Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. We went at a very gray, cold, windy time, so the walk would have been more enjoyable in better weather.
We were given a room on a high floor (25) but it interested me that as an elite Marriott Rewards member, with my prefence for high floor easily seen, I had to ask for a high floor as I was about to rececive one on 7. What the point of the preference if no one looks. The receptionist told us the room was near the ice machine, but this was better then possibly hearing loud Cleveland busses.
The ice machine was no problem. We definitiely didn't hear busses. Our rooom was in a catty corner, with three rooms. So, what we did hear late at nigiht or early mornings, were people from those rooms having loud conversations outside our door. Also, the heat would make a loud bang sound when it kicked in. I am a light sleeper. Some noise will make it hard to fall asleep but others wake you up from a sleep. this was the latter, and not only for me (light sleeper) but also for my not light sleeper husband.
The room otherwise was comfortable and we always appreciate a quiet fridge.The room was clean and the shower worked very well.
The breakfast buffet was pretty good and fairly priced. There is no 'restaurant' per se, but an ample bar menu that could sub as pub fare with pizzas, quesadlillas, burgers, fish n chips. We had trouble finding an open restaurant Sunday night, and were very pleased to enjoy sitting by the fire and did not go hungry. Yvette in the bar area was particularly friendly and hospitable.
The price of this Marriott was a bit steep compared to some others in the area. We enjoyed the walk to the convention center, the reason we came to town. There are notices that the rooms will be upgraded, and I think that will be a weclome change. Hopefully they will fix the loud HVAC.
We never had issues getting taxis, and a quick 25 minute ride to the airport. Once downtown pretty good walk as mentioned to restaurants, downtown, however the dreadful weather put us in cabs when we would have walked otherwise.
Overall, clean, comfortable, maybe a bit overpriced, but friendly and convenient.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on high floor - but not in the corner where there are three doors next to each oth...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center? Share your experiences!