“Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Though I didn't personally stay at the property, I had a friend staying at the hotel for a weekend and I wanted to send an amenity for his bday. I was put in touch with Richard Miller, the Concierge at the Marriott Downtown at Key Center Hotel. Richard could not have been more helpful and prompt throughout the entire amenity ordering process. He took ownership of my request and at one point even emailed me back when he was at home to ensure that I received all the information I needed. He also kept me updated and let me know once the card was written and ready for delivery. It's staff members like Richard who truly care and take pride in their work that continue to make Marriott shine! Thank you, Richard!

PS - my friend reported the room to be a "great location, comfortable room and would certainly return"

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed at the Marriot for three nights. Room was dated but there will be refurbishing by next April. The key cards were a particular nuisance. Rooms could not be opened more often than not and sometimes the staff had to be called to help. No compensation was given for this. Reception staff was wonderful, just as Ron, one of the porters. Two days the room was cleaned vert late (3 pm), but this was remedied by a thorough cleanup the last day. To summarise: hotel needs revamping, reception staff and Ron the porter are wonderful and very obliging.

• Stayed October 2013
Jamesburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Right in the heart of everything is where you will be if you stay here. The valet staff was okay when I pulled up, I have had better greetings, however they were friendly. The front desk was very good with a warm welcome and a professional appearance. This is a very old building that gives a grand appearance with a very large two tier lobby, the atmosphere is wonderful and it can be a little breathtaking. They hotel has a nice bar right across from the front desk and plenty of room to move around. I arrived a day early and they did accommodate me, the downside was the room, it was a very small room which I felt like I was in the basement. It had two regular size windows that with a view of a handrail and the side of a staircase which was in the lobby, the second window was right above the workout room so all you could see was people doing just that. The other issue with the first room was the bathroom, the space between the toilet and the sink was very, very tight. After the first day I asked to be moved from the 6th floor and they moved me to the 10th floor. The room was a little better, however, the bathroom was much better. I have learned from some of the other people I was staying with that some of their rooms had similar issues. I would stay here again, I would just ask for a room with a normal size bathroom on an upper floor. The hotel is near casinos, so keep your guard up, I will say there was no shortage of police in the streets which made me feel very comfortable anywhere I went. Very professional police department on foot, horseback and patrol cars. I walked to all of the bars and restaurants when I needed to eat, enjoyed the sites and the local people seemed to be friendly. I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Get the upper floors and ask for a normal size bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Checked in on a Thursday afternoon, the same day as the Browns and Bills were playing right next door. Had to wait on my room till 5:15 pm, but the front desk offered to cover my parking free $20 and also offered access to the concerige level on the 20th floor. While it wasn't perfect, the service and demeanor and well being wasn't overlooked. The staff was likely being held between a rock and hard place between the Bills being in the hotel, a large meeting and them holding rooms till late in the afternoon, since the game wasn't until 8.

The hotel was nice. The parking was attached underground, and covered with a green touch by the city. The rooms were clean, and 4 star like. I would stay here again, but the choices of a great hotel in downtown Cleveland are really, really limited. The checkin area has a couple of stores and food and bar area, which is a nice compliment to the hotel.

The only thing I didn't like was the $17 a day for wi-fi, something that is easily offered for free at lower quality hotels. Those days of paying for that service are over.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We live in Cleveland and this hotel is our favorite, right on public square, short walk to football stadium, casino, Quicken Loans Arena, Tower City and restaurants...its fun. Our room faced the lake, that was cool. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Valet folks real nice, it felt good to pull up in our new Cadillac and walk away and have the fellows take care of everything.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Logansport, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

At our last stay at the Cleveland Downtown Marriott (October 4-6), we received as fine of service as we have at any Marriott faclity we have stayed from Maui to Munich. We arrived in a downpour and the bellman and staff did an extraordinary job of moving people out of the cars and into the building. The front desk, under a lot of pressure and at a very busy time, made us feel welcome and answered all of our questions. The bellman, Alan, was quite enjoyable and talkative as we were escorted into our room. When I needed some amneties (a banana at 9:00 for a pre-race snack as we were running the min-marathon the next morning) the young lady behind the bar went out of her way to find one. When we needed some ginger ale, the bartender was so cooperative and gave it to me saying,
"we appreciate you runners staying at our hotel." The next day a young man waited on us as we watched football and he and the manager constantly were making sure our drinks were filled and when we ordered our food, that it was to our liking. We had breakfast on the conciege level and the man and woman were really attentive to our needs, quite friendly and the food/service was excellent. When we left the hotel on Monday morning, the desk, bellman and lady behind the valet desk all thanked us for staying with them over the weekend. We had a wonderful time in large part due to the wonderful staff of the Cleveland Marriott hotel!
PS If you get a chance, the view from the from front overlooking Browns stadium, the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, Lake, etc. was fantastic.
PSS The location to all downtown activities, Browns, Indians, Rock n'Roll, etc. is great. All within easy and safe walking distance. There are plenty of fine restaurants of all types within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: If you get a chance, the view from the from front overlooking Browns stadium, the Rock n' Roll H...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located right in the heart of downtown Cleveland. It is walking distance from the Browns stadium, the Rock n Roll Hall of fame and the waterfront. The hotel is a throwback to the days of high class opulence. The front foyer is beautiful and spacious like a grand hotel from the past and the hotel offers valet parking. Rooms were average size, but the north side has outstanding views of the lake so ask for that if possible. There also is a nice restaurant located on the first floor as well. Overall we had a great stay here and would highly recommend this hotel if you want to see Cleveland.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center? Share your experiences!