The service at this hotel should be used as a standard by which all others are judged. No exaggeration: from the woman who took my reservation over the phone, to the front desk, conceirge, room service, etc.--everyone was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The lobby is beautiful. Everything was very clean. In fact this hotel has a look and feel of a much more expensive hotel.
I read several previous reviews about the noise level coming from the construction site. We were on the 15th floor for two nights overlooking the site and heard nothing. We could hear the TV coming from the room next door one night. I'm not sure if this was because they had it too loud or if the walls are thin. This was a problem for another reviewer too. Everything in the room looked brand new and it was very clean. The bathroom was immaculate. We ordered room service a couple of times and the food was good and promptly delivered. This was really a 5-star experience.
The city is manageable and the hotel is within walking distance to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, the Browns' stadium, the Cavs' arena and the Indians field.
Recommended things to do: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, but be warned: young kids will not know alot of the inductees. I could have spent 2-3 days at this place, but my 13 and 10 year old boys had had enough after a few hours.
Fun/interesting for kids: The Christmas Story House. The actual house where parts of the movie "A Christmas Story" were filmed is about a 5-10 minute drive from the hotel. You can see and do everything in 30-90 mins. It was fun and would be entertaining for anyone who is a fan of the movie.
The Professional Football Hall of Fame is an hour drive away in Canton, OH. If you have a day, it is worth the trip for any football fan. The Hall itself is a little dated, but they are in the process of adding what looks to be a nice big expansion. You could spend anywhere from 2-4 hours here and have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience ultimate style and sophistication at the revitalized Cleveland Marriott Downtown, an urban retreat. Offering stunning views of Lake Erie and the city skyline, this 25-story hotel boasts 400 rooms with sleek furnishings and upgraded bathrooms fresh off a $10 million renovation. Explore exciting attractions within a short walk of this metropolitan hotel, such as the new Horseshoe Casino, Quicken Loans Arena, Browns Stadium, Progressive Field and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Take advantage of our renowned hotel staff for unmatched hospitality and deep local knowledge for an authentic Cleveland experience. For casual dining, relax among warm wood styling at Jake’s sports lounge or taste contemporary American cuisine at David’s Restaurant, conveniently situated within our hotel. Rediscover comfort at the refreshingly-modern Cleveland Marriott Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, Marriott, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Cleveland Downtown At Key Hotel Cleveland
- Key Center
- Cleveland Marriott Downtown At Key Center Ohio