“Great Stay in Cleveland” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Great Stay in Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Great hotel. Nice, accomodating staff. Up to date fitness center. My stay was very enjoyable. I will stay there again next time I visit Cleveland.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

me and my family where out on a road trip... turned in to the worst night.. it was raining got a flat tier and my hubby was fixing the tier yea he got a lil dirty and when we finaly made it to the marriott they turn him down for a room saying they where full... I had a 1 year old girl a 4 yeal old boy with me at the time... we went right across the street to use the phone to find another hotel and disided that i was going to call them and ask if they had room open to see if they where judging someone one only on looks and sure think they had rooms open... mean time the hubby and i had to spend the next few hours trying to find a room for us and the kids...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

We travel to Cleveland frequently and have found the Cleveland Airport Marriott to be convenient to our location. Over the years, the hotel has transitioned its look and is now nicely renovated and welcoming. The rooms are comfortable and attractive. The hotel staff is always helpful and housekeeping goes that extra distance to make sure the room is clean and there are plenty of pillows and towels. Our last stay was on Christmas Eve and I so appreciated the mini stockings hung on the door handles. Some person took their time to make sure the stockings were "hung with care" and filled with "good stuff." Thank you!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

On December 25, 2010, during Christmas dinner in Mexico (incidentally, at the JW Marriott, another fabulous property we stayed at), Continental Airlines called to tell me that they had preemptively canceled all their flights back to the United States before the first snowflake of the expected blizzard ever even fell. That was not necessarily the major issue; the major problem was that they also *turned off their phones* at that moment and did not answer ONE phone call over the next 72 hours to any of their customer service lines, including their Elite Desk.

Able only to get on a flight back to Cleveland the next afternoon - the one flight which hadn't yet been canceled to the US - I called the Marriott elite desk to ask for help from the boarding area in Mexico. The phone was immediately answered by a cheery lady who not only expressed compassion for my circumstances and secured me a room at the Cleveland airport Marriott, but began immediately thinking of creative ways in which to decrease my costs, which, because of the delay and inconveniences caused by Continental airlines and their rude staff, were becoming more significant and unexpected by the moment.

Without any prompting by me whatsoever, this wonderful Marriott representative immediately offered that I had points almost totaling a free night’s stay; she was able to process a very nominal charge for me to secure the required additional points, costing me a grand total for one room of well under $100. I didn’t even know this was an option, and, having been treated most contemptibly by Continental’s reps at every step of the way by that point, cannot express enough gratitude to Marriott's agent for processing my stay in such a kind, efficient, and compassion manner.

Upon finally arriving in Cleveland, we were again told by YET ANOTHER RUDE Continental agent that no further flights were available home (northeast) till the 31st (it was the 26th). The snow had only just then begun falling on the northeast. I called the Marriott from the shuttle phone and told them we were unable to leave Cleveland and would be using our reservation that night. The wonderful agent at the local property immediately directed her shuttle to come get us. Wait time for shuttle? 0 minutes.

Arriving at the property, which was WAY BETTER than we even expected it to be, we were greeted again by a friendly, warm, compassionate desk agent who processed our reservation and secured us an additional room (we were a party of 4). They have, also, an AMAZING harvest-to-table style restaurant on site there where we had an incredible meal. I have never seen a menu like that in an airport hotel. EVER.

Our rooms were clean and comfortable, and we were given everything we needed to make our stay as good as possible despite the circumstances and being at that point, battle-worn, displaced travelers.

The next morning, our standby flight was, of course, again canceled. We had no choice but to drive home to the NE in what was by then a full blown blizzard. Marriott's shuttle driver DID NOT HAVE TO, we know, BUT HE DID, take us directly from the Marriott to the Hertz rental car site. Little touches like that go a LONG WAY!

I cannot express my gratitude and appreciation to Marriott, not only for the fabulous stay in Cancun at the resort property, but more importantly for being the only source of compassion and professional efficiency during what can only be described as a horrific travel story. Between our stay at the JW Marriott Resort and our brief sojourn to the property in Cleveland, every single Marriott team member exemplified what customer service should be. The entire team went above and beyond.

After 72 total hours, we finally arrived home. The Marriott properties we stayed at and their respective staff members are the only bright spots of that week. THANK YOU.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

This hotel is conveniant to the Cleveland airport and we found your shuttel service a very nice addition. We used your free parking while on our trip and the value of our stay actually increased. We will definitely stay in the future and recommend to friends.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

It was amazing the quality of the service received with a good welcome enjoyable enviaroment of my stay at Marriot Cleveland. Everything since I landed over Cleveland and when the shuttle pinck me up almost at midnight. My room had those little details that make any stay fully pleasant. Thanks for the Marriot warm crew.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for several nights. We had read all of the very positive reviews and were expecting a flawless stay. We were disappointed. It is a very nice hotel with a large lobby which opens to the restaurant (Amp 150) on one side. There is a pool table, sofas and big screen TV's across from the restaurant/lounge. When we checked in we were told that our rate included room and one breakfast(a business rate for a lone traveler). The Front desk said the restaurant would have a list of all persons who were to get the breakfast at no additional charge. When we finished breakfast we expected to pay for one and get one free which was included in our room rate. The restaurant had no list of names and the cashier said " they will take care of it at the Front desk". The breakfast buffet was a real disappointment. We have had better selection and quality at two star hotels. Ordered breakfast one morning and had to send it back to get freshly scrambled eggs. We ate dinner one night and it was very good. When we checked out it took quite some time to get the breakfast charges removed from our bill. Other than the confusion over the breakfast bill and the poor quality of the breakfast we had a good stay at this hotel

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Marriott Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!