“If you have to be by Cleveland airport, this is the place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cleveland Airport Marriott

Special Offer
Holiday Gift for You
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Chicago, Illinois
“If you have to be by Cleveland airport, this is the place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I'll admit that spending a week near to Cleveland airport was not on my top 10 list but work told me to be there, and there I was...and shocked by what a great hotel this is. The food (at dinner) is incredible; especially the pate, soups, and Chianti. The breakfast buffet was much the same as any other breakfast buffet but (most welcome yet equally unusual) our server encouraged us to take bottled water with us when we left and provided take-away cups for our coffee.

The rooms are perfect for one, slightly cramped for two (but the reading lamps over each bed are highly appreciated).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I loved the convenience of the location as far as easy access to 71.

I thought the employees were very, very friendly and I felt went out of the way to help.

The room was very clean and had a great atmosphere to it.

My likes and dislikes. There were no dislikes at all. Our stay was a most wonderful
stay and I felt very relaxing.

Thanks so much for going out of the way to make our stay very pleasurable. Had a
great time.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

During their second iteration of renovating this hotel, Marriott has done another great job. It looks upbeat and feels comfortable and clean. Room was exceptionally comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Köln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night because I arrived late at CLE after a long journey. The hotel is very close to CLE airport and has ample space for parking. I was very content with the room (clean, quiet, comfprtable) and the quality of the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. I couldn't even heat any noise from the airport. Would stay there again anytime.

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

A first rate staff and a very good restaurant at this location. We always had a very clean room during our stay. Our room had comfortable beds and other nicely appointed furnishings (e.g. a large screen TV). I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Cleveland who will tour the Rock and Roll Museum (as we did) or other Cleveland attractions due to it convenient location. You certainly could not ask for a nicer staff when assisting their customers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Accomodations were brand new, room was really comfortable, and restaurant was far from your typical hotel eatery. Menu was unique and the food was terrific. All around my stay was terrific.

Rochester, New York, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Although I must applaud the staff (front desk, restaurant staff, etc) & the care they clearly take with the hotel I would say the tiny ways that Marriott is attempting to add to the money I spend at this hotel is bad corporate policy.

Don't think that you will get out of this hotel (unless you are one of their frequent flyers) without having to pay internet fees while there. You of course learn this when you get to the room. Although the website brags of the wireless throughout the hotel nowhere, that I could find online, does it say it is $9.95 a day. Then you learn your 24 hour internet is not 24 hours from the time you first pay - it's noon to noon. So if you check into your hotel at say 5pm... no 24 hour paid internet for you. You learn this when your connection shuts down & you inquire with the front desk.

Add to that --- despite paying for the use of their bandwidth, what during your three day stay amounts to a months home internet charges, the system kicks you off if you watch any streaming content from Hulu. I could understand in a free situation how every guest using Hulu, or the like, could cause connection issues but you've charged me $9.95 I should be able to download entire movies off Itunes if I want too. Instead I am calling customer internet care and having to explain my usage to a tech in India who lectures me on the use of streaming content which I wasn't told I couldn't do.

Marriott should really re-evaluate this obvious attempt to take money out of the pockets of it's guest. I don't care for airlines charging me bag fees but at least they tell you that the charges exist. They don't wait until you get to the plane and say fork over the cash. I don't care for hotels that say they care about making my stay comfortable tagging on fees that I have no choice to pay if I want to remain connected to my work and family while I am away or I can sit in the lobby and answer emails - then why give me a desk in my room.

Also don't put large signs in the lobby telling guests they can't eat things from outside the hotel. Again there is a certain 'buy from us' that I associate with movie theatre's not my hotel stay. Especially when some guests might have special dietary needs.

I am on the road about 200 days out of the year and this is my first experience like this where the information was so badly explained and the attempt seemed very blatantly against certain guests.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Cleveland Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!