“NOT THE BEST, BUT 100 % EFFORT” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park Here, Fly There
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
New York
“NOT THE BEST, BUT 100 % EFFORT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Stayed at the hotel a couple of weeks ago. The room was OK. Bed was average and the room could use an over haul. The bathroom door was a killer. Yes, it slides and the handle was WAY TOO small. Got my fingers caught in the door frame a couple of times. The employees there are by far the BEST Marriott employees I had ever experienced. Friendly and extremely hard working. They should be recruited to some of the New York City Properties to teach others customer relations. Food in the Hotel was Top notch. Would I stay there again? Yes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Frederick, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Our family stayed here 9-10 August 2014. My expectations for a Marriott property were not met. This hotel appears to have been converted from a different property / ownership. While some areas were nicely renovated, other areas were in bad repair. The worst was the men's restroom in the pool area which was filthy, had rusted out lockers and had many sections of missing tile. Our room's bathroom door also had a broken handle. This was a sliding door and clearly many previous guests had simply grasped the door near the handle to slide it open and shut. There was a lot of dirt / grime on this area of the door that caused us to decide it best to just leave this door open. On a positive note, the fitness facility in this hotel was larger than I expected and worked quite well for me. While the pool area was somewhat dirty, our kids had a great time playing in the pool and enjoyed the fish in the outside garden pool. We found the buffet breakfast to be generally very good although the buffet line eggs were very runny and premium items like the hotel's locally made jam seemed to be in very short supply. Finally, when we arrived very late in the evening / morning, we were accosted by a random man in a late model sedan looking for help with gasoline. While this is not within Marriott's control, I was surprised to find that they do not have video surveillance of the parking area. I recommend finding a different lodging option for your trip to Cleveland.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Greg H, General Manager at Cleveland Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cleveland Airport Marriott. I would like to apologize for the troubles that you experienced during your stay. Please be assured that I will follow up with the staff regarding the items you brought to our attention. You're a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I hope you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to this area.
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Laura the bartend at the restaurant had such an amazing personality, she was very informative about the renovations made to the hotel as well as the world renown chef that came to create there amazing lunch menu! I am going to bring my group of friends back here for lunch before leaving Ohio to hopefully see Laura again and have lunch with her.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, on our way back home. Lobby very pretty, room was great Kong size bed had a room looking over the court, when we checked in the clerk at the desk, was informative she was going to give us a double I asked if there were any kings she checked and yes we got one. All staff very friendly
Would stay again Thanks Marriott you never disappoint us

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The service was very good - staff was helpful. The breakfast was hot and ready to go with many choices. The room was very clean and if we needed something extra, there was no problem. and, once we shut the door, we could not hear a thing from outside of the room. Definitely recommend this place as one of the better hotels.

Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed here two times on a recent trip into Cleveland. On my first arrival I was not so sure based on the older neighborhood and the outer appearance of the hotel. It seemed a little tired. But the lobby was well appointed and newer looking. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient.
My room was clean, had a comfortable bed and good internet, and was reasonably quiet despite its location next to I-71.
I had access to the exec lounge. The staff was super. The food selection was simple but very good. There seemed to be a good camaraderie among many returning guests and the staff. This is always nice to see in terms of making you feel more comfortable in your new surroundings.
I did use the bar area in the lobby for a glass of wine and light meal. The grilled salmon on salad was excellent. Salomon was nicely grilled and moist throughout. Good selections of wines by the glass.
Based on my good experiences, I decide to stay again 8 days later. I was again impressed enough to decide I would come back here on my next stay in Cleveland. This is an updated older hotel which seems to be well managed.
One disappointment is the overnight parking charge. There is way more than enough parking and this charge should be minimalized or eliminated. But this will not stop me from coming back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not face the interstate.
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. My boyfriend and I just came to go to the zoo and some other random events in the city for a weekend and found the room nice and cozy. Everything worked as expected minus a minor glitch with one of the outlets, but the other outlet sufficed. The front desk attendant was very accomodating and kind in her demeaner. When we asked for a couple drinks at the bar in the lobby to bring up to the room, the bartender helped us select a drink. He also let us taste a new mixed drink and was fun to chat with. If you're taking a shower try to keep the door propped open as it gets really humid and we couldn't find a fan anywhere and the water temperature settings didn't do much when I turned the knob. There were two occasions that Housekeeping knocked on our door which was only a small inconvenience. One time was when a housekeeper was checking to see if her key card worked and the other was when a housekeeper knocked on our door to check out at 1:00 when we had asked and confirmed to check out at 1:30. We didn't get a chance to eat the food or enjoy much of the rest of the hotel but other than the few smfrom what we did experience we had a pleasant time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Cleveland Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!