“Typical Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Long Island
“Typical Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Spent a couple of nights here recently. Hotel was Fine. No surprises here. Rooms were clean and quite functional. Although we were on a high floor, we were still able to hear the street noise from the Interstate below. They have just instituted a charge for parking which seems like a gotcha as there is plenty of parking in the area. Nice concierge lounge.

Room Tip: Avoid the tower adjacent to the Interstate.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Viera, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The staff was extremely friendly- especially Bruce in the Concierge lounge! Bruce took great care of me and my family and personally took our stay to the next level. We will always stay at this Marriott when we visit Cleveland!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stay here frequently for business. Room service is okay (not great). Tonight, however, was a first. Ordered Salmon blackened from Amp (on site restaurant). It arrived very past the promised 30 minutes, but was not blackened because the delivery guy, Alberto, said "he didn't have time to blacken it..." Still charged me full price. Platinum Premier and I'll stay no more. There are better spots in town.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Greg H, General Manager at Cleveland Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Cleveland Airport Marriott and for taking the time to share your comments. Your comments are very important to us and allow us to continue improving the products and services that we deliver. Please accept my apologies for the problems that you experienced during your stay. I will follow up with the staff to address the issues you brought to our attention.
elmhurst, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was! I was there for work and I had no expectations one way or the other. It was a pleasure to find a nice clean modern hotel with a friendly staff and an outstanding restaurant. We ate dinner and breakfast there and both were excellent. I disagree strongly with a previous poster who said that the restaurant was blaring rock music. There were some good tunes on the night we were there, but I did not consider them to be too "loud". Hey...Cleveland Rocks...get over it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I am a big fan of Marriott hotels in general and the rooms at this hotel are OK but it has the worst restaurant and bar I have ever experienced in a Marriott hotel. The bar/restaurant are in one large room. They play ultra hard rock music so LOUD!!! Music gave me a headache both nights I was here. I repeatedly asked them to play something besides total hard rock and they totally refused. The food the first night was cold and service was ultra slow. It was so bad they didn't charge me for the dinner. Tonight I had to tell them to make sure my food was hot-- it was cold the first night. If you want a quiet bar/dinner experience after a long traveling day DO NOT stay here. If you have to stay here just order room service. The room service menu is better than the one in the restaurant. The manager here has major issues to address besides the music and poor food-- the salads were horrible!! Waitress and bartenders were surly and the waitress was always hiding in the kitchen. I had to ask other employees to find her for me. I am a Marriott gold member and have stayed at Marriotts over 50 nights this year. I have never posted a negative review for any Marriott property but this place is horrible. The manager needs to address these issues or be replaced. He is obviously oblivious to what is going on around him or her.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Greg H, General Manager at Cleveland Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the unpleasant experience that you encountered in our bar and restaurant. I will follow up with the management staff regarding the issues you brought to my attention. Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I hope you will give our hotel another chance in your future travels to Cleveland.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

There's a good shuttle pickup from the airport, also they gave us a ride to the transit station so we could go downtown for the day. They held our luggage for us between our checkout and our departure from Cleveland later that day. At the price they were charging I expected a microwave and refrigerator, but none in our room. There is an available microwave down in the lobby store. The night we were there the hotel had a big event, maybe a wedding, and there were so many guests outside smoking that the hallway between the lobby level elevator and the pool smelled like a smoking lounge. But the rest of the hotel smelled fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Flint,Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed here waiting to fly out of Cleveland airport. They charge $10.00 to park there for the week, and give you a ride to and from the airport. Rooms were newly updated ( including new beds) and very nice. There is a small grill in the lobby for short order foods. Beer and wine available. The Marriott is in a area of several restaurants. Longhorn streak house and Marconi Grill are within walking distance. Mall across the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends