“Awesome Airport Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
elmhurst, IL
“Awesome Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was! I was there for work and I had no expectations one way or the other. It was a pleasure to find a nice clean modern hotel with a friendly staff and an outstanding restaurant. We ate dinner and breakfast there and both were excellent. I disagree strongly with a previous poster who said that the restaurant was blaring rock music. There were some good tunes on the night we were there, but I did not consider them to be too "loud". Hey...Cleveland Rocks...get over it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I am a big fan of Marriott hotels in general and the rooms at this hotel are OK but it has the worst restaurant and bar I have ever experienced in a Marriott hotel. The bar/restaurant are in one large room. They play ultra hard rock music so LOUD!!! Music gave me a headache both nights I was here. I repeatedly asked them to play something besides total hard rock and they totally refused. The food the first night was cold and service was ultra slow. It was so bad they didn't charge me for the dinner. Tonight I had to tell them to make sure my food was hot-- it was cold the first night. If you want a quiet bar/dinner experience after a long traveling day DO NOT stay here. If you have to stay here just order room service. The room service menu is better than the one in the restaurant. The manager here has major issues to address besides the music and poor food-- the salads were horrible!! Waitress and bartenders were surly and the waitress was always hiding in the kitchen. I had to ask other employees to find her for me. I am a Marriott gold member and have stayed at Marriotts over 50 nights this year. I have never posted a negative review for any Marriott property but this place is horrible. The manager needs to address these issues or be replaced. He is obviously oblivious to what is going on around him or her.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Greg H, General Manager at Marriott Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the unpleasant experience that you encountered in our bar and restaurant. I will follow up with the management staff regarding the issues you brought to my attention. Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I hope you will give our hotel another chance in your future travels to Cleveland.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

There's a good shuttle pickup from the airport, also they gave us a ride to the transit station so we could go downtown for the day. They held our luggage for us between our checkout and our departure from Cleveland later that day. At the price they were charging I expected a microwave and refrigerator, but none in our room. There is an available microwave down in the lobby store. The night we were there the hotel had a big event, maybe a wedding, and there were so many guests outside smoking that the hallway between the lobby level elevator and the pool smelled like a smoking lounge. But the rest of the hotel smelled fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Flint,Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed here waiting to fly out of Cleveland airport. They charge $10.00 to park there for the week, and give you a ride to and from the airport. Rooms were newly updated ( including new beds) and very nice. There is a small grill in the lobby for short order foods. Beer and wine available. The Marriott is in a area of several restaurants. Longhorn streak house and Marconi Grill are within walking distance. Mall across the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
east greenwich, rhode island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very accommodating--- I checked in on line for a 3:15 arrival, but the airlines saw to it that I was not going to arrive until 6:15. I changed my check in on line then called the hotel to say I would check in after my presentation. They were very understanding and accommodating. When I finally arrived, my room was ready for me. Due to an early departure and not being able to have breakfast I was given 2 drink coupons. Nice touch. Had a good night sleep. The best part of my stay was when I came down to check out at 4:37 am, the shuttle driver was waiting for me to take me to the airport. Thanks guys... Always a nice stay when in Cleveland.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family stayed at this Marriott in May 2014 for a last-minute reservation due to a funeral. I had used all of the typical online sites to try and find a good deal on a hotel in Cleveland, but this hotel never showed up in any of the search engines. The only way I was able to make this reservation was by calling the Marriott site directly - this hotel was priced $75 below all the other places I was looking out.

Not sure why this Marriott is such a hidden gem - I think one of the airlines keeps a large group of rooms on hold at all times, so there is no need for this airport hotel to worry about not having enough guests. We were there 3 nights, and the place was packed every night.

We liked the bar and restaurant area, and the food was a step above most hotel places. The only thing we didn't like was the $8 a day parking fee, which should have meant that the fence guarding the parking lot was closed at all times, but... it wasn't. There are no guards, and anyone could have gotten into the parking lot at any time, so I have no idea what I was paying $8 a day for.

The rooms are small, but clean, and the indoor pool was a big hit with my son. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

What can I say. It is a Marriott. Always the highest standard. What sets this Marriott apart is it's employees. There are no friendlier and eager to make your stay complete. As an added bonus if you happen to visit the bar area at Amp 150 and Mr Magic is working then ask him to show some of his card tricks! This guy is amazing. He should be having his own show on stage. Instead he is satisfying your drinking and eating needs while entertaining you so you don't believe your eyes. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!