I was expecting another ho-hum airport hotel. Especially after seeing the airport exterior from the road. Yuck. Boy was I in for a surprise! We were in town visiting extended family. Cleveland in winter...not exactly desirable! But the hotel made up for it!
First, the not-so-great. Yes, the hallways are long and the elevators need to be replaced. Clearly. But the interior is modern, clean, and the lobby is spacious, as is the pool and workout area. (One broken treadmill, they could use new ones) but sufficient workout area & equipment! The pool was huge, much bigger than you expect at an airport hotel. With nice patio furniture surrounding it as well. And hot tub! The pool was cold, and so I nicely asked the maintenance guy if it's normally that cold. He quickly got to the bottom of things, he was very nice to my children, and he apologized for the heater malfunction. Within 12-24 hours, the pool was warm again and wonderful for families. (Plus had handicap feature)And all the staff and service people we encountered were so friendly and helpful!! The front desk was a little slow, but that would be my only minor complaint. Every staffer said hello, and a special shout-out to the maintenance guys. They were so polite, friendly and helpful!
And the restaurant!! Wow! My husband and I were totally speechless when we sat down for dinner with our family. The quality of food & presentation & fresh ingredients was on-par with a fine-dining establishment, NOT what I expect at an airport Marriott! Local people--make this your local fave, it was awesome! My husband and I are well-traveled, foodies, and we have lived in Paris, New York, etc. we know good food. Kudos to the chef. Fantastic. And my kids had the best Mac n cheese ever. Salads, meats, you name it, it was great. Delicious variety, inventive, etc. Service fabulous too. The blonde waitress was always two steps ahead, anticipating our needs. (Stephanie maybe?) Preston was great too.
The rooms were comfortable and roomy, and yes, the bathrooms were a little small, but sufficient. The only problem we had in the rooms was dryness. Cleveland winter= painfully cold and dry. It made sleeping uncomfortable, so I wish humidity levels could be improved. And the heater/AC was too loud. But our overall experience at the hotel was great, so these are things that can be fixed.
Thank you Marriott! Please pass on our experience to your staff. They were wonderful. And oh yes--the breakfast was great too, as was the bar area. A nice spot to meet friends for a drink!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore a recently-renovated hotel at Cleveland Airport, which boasts a convenient location, free airport shuttle, and premier accommodations, making it ideal for business or leisure. Featuring over 350 modern guest rooms and suites with flat screen TVs, spacious bathrooms and innovative Plug-in Panels perfect for an invigorating night of rest and relaxation. Socialize with colleagues in the impressive hotel lobby or enjoy the award winning AMP 150, boasting locally grown cuisine in an eclectic environment. Plan spectacular events in 15,500 sq feet of flexible space and host productive functions in one of 24 dynamic meeting rooms. Just a short drive away from downtown Cleveland, visitors can enjoy exciting area attractions, including the IX Center, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, sports venues and much more. Book your next trip to the Cleveland Airport Marriott, a contemporary hotel near the Cleveland Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cleveland Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Cleveland Airport Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Marriott
- Cleveland Airport Marriott Ohio