“Stranded at Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Texas
“Stranded at Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

When the first polar vortex hit my flight was canceled and I stayed at the Marriott. Great customer service and comfy room. I
Was there at the same time as a youth hockey league and their noise didn't bother me. When one of the kids pulled the fire alarm they had us hold tight instead of going out into the cold. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I previously reviewed this hotel one year ago and welcomed over 4,200 readers....thank you !! I echo my sentiments from before of a welcoming lobby, very accommodating front desk staff and comfortable, convenient room amenities. Despite the cheers for the establishment, we are all so often affected by the guests themselves and a few bad apples can always spoil the bunch, can't they? Our stay was for the Cleveland Boat Show (three rooms; six guests) and we found the staff, rooms and especially the shuttle drivers top notch (we love you guys !!)

Unfortunately the spoiler was another guest who decided that 6:30 pm was "lights out" who came out of their room to confront and threaten us in the hallway as we were checking into our rooms and conversing with each other (apparently too loudly for the dinnertime hour). Really? Rent a room at the morgue, lady. We suggest sequestering people living on off-schedules to their own floor of the hotel. It very much put a "buzz kill" our stay.

We will return to this hotel next month for another event (12 guests; six rooms) and as a result, have requested a small hospitality room where we can socialize and speak to each other (perish the though, eh?) without being harassed by other guests.

As far as the accommodations, we found the rooms clean and comfortable with nice amenities including a spacious bathroom with plenty of room for personal affects, refrigerator, Wi-Fi, in-room safe, hair dryer, iron and coffee maker. Shower water pressure was very nice and the beds were comfortable.

Our opinion of the bar/restaurant AMP 150 is a conflicting one. The staff are polite and friendly but not very fast (however, our group was in no hurry, so we did not have a problem with this.) We feel AMP 150 is attempting to cater to a upper-crust palate that unfortunately is not the norm for the area. Many travelers seek a good, hearty, reasonably-priced meal without having to navigate through a adjective-crazy menu and schmancy presentations of items like French fries and wings. We think this hotel needs to add one more bistro that caters to simple sandwiches, appetizers, drinks and a continental self-serve breakfast. Just sayin'........!!

In closing, the lobby offers real-time flight departure screens and easy flight check-in kiosks which is a nice convenience for air travelers.

Keep up the good work, Airport Marriott !!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Metro-Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Was not impressed with the gourmet food supposedly at their main Resto, AMP 150. Bland somewhat exotic tasting food. Do not have the braised short rib. Nasty. It wasn't really there - a bit of hype. The lobby is pleasant and welcoming. Not impressive, just okay. Good gym, I think. The equipment worked :-)! Room was typical good marriot. Bed was restful and pillows topnotch. Bathroom was clean and updated. A bit of workmanship error - marginally forgivable. They charged for water :-(, except if you had it In the lemon or orange laden free water at the Lobby.
Lobby coffee for all. :-) Restful stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
East Amherst, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This special employee of the Cleveland Airport Marriott named "AIDA" helped us immensely during a 'trip from hell' to Cleveland. We arrived in Cleveland during a blizzard from Buffalo, NY. The car trip was a nightmare, but had to be done to attend the funeral of a beloved young relative. Within 8 hours of our arrival, my husband came down with the FLU!! Chills, fever and vomiting. Aida was WONDERFUL in helping me to provide bedding, clean towels and went the extra mile for us so that he could stay in bed comfortably, while I went to the funeral!!! I hope Marriott reads these reviews, because "Aida" needs to be commended for the incredible employee she is!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Greg H, General Manager at Cleveland Airport Marriott, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and recognize our Housekeeper Aida. We are indeed very lucky to have her on our team here at the Cleveland Airport Marriott. We will ensure that she is recognized for her hard work and for taking care of you during your recent visit. We look forward to having you back at the Cleveland Airport Marriott.
oakville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while on business. The room was well kept but the beds were aged, made noises as if the spring box was damaged. On one the days, the cleaners picked up used towels but did not replace. The TV remote was faulty and need replaced. Said all that, the breakfast lounge is very well organized.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Greg H, General Manager at Cleveland Airport Marriott, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I appreciate the feedback. Please accept my apologies for the difficuties that you experienced during your stay. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that these issues are addressed. If I can ever be of assistance with future reservations please reach out to me. I will personally ensure that you are properly cared for and receive the level of service that Marriott is known to provide.
Northern VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My family stayed in two rooms in this hotel over a weekend, attending a family function nearby. We selected this hotel due to the proximity to all the events that weekend, and it was convenient to have it next to I-71.

Check in was "different" as we had a new front desk clerk, Julie, helping us check in while she was being trained. That was important, because although Julie was very nice she did forget several items that needed to be covered while we were checking in. However, the staff was there to help out and make sure all was right.

We ended up with rooms on the 9th floor - one of the Concierge Floors and at the top of the hotel. My wife immediately commented about the small size of the bathroom - very little counter space to spread out makeup, etc. The bathroom is small enough that the toilet must be angled away from the wall in order to be "seated comfortably." My kids found the same issues in their bathroom. It is apparent that the rooms were recently renovated, and they are nice looking and free from wear and tear. However, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal to bump out the bathroom wall a bit towards the living area, making it larger.

During the first night there it rained, and I awoke several times to big drops falling on the window sill. Apparently the water drains off the roof onto that window sill (again, at the top of the hotel), which is why it made noise. Couldn't hear the highway outside the window, though.

The lobby is nice and also renovated, and the restaurant is excellent with fine food and great service. The bar doubles as the Starbucks in the morning, and I appreciated being able to get a good cup of coffee with an area to sit in while watching TV in the lobby.

The elevators are in poor shape. During one day one of the elevators was out of service, and when it was put back into service it made disturbing noises as if the brakes were on while the elevator was moving up and down the elevator shaft. Another day I found broken glass in one of the elevators. The elevator doors sometimes opened just as you were reaching the floor of choice, and on occasion you had to step up just a bit to exit the elevator. We learned quickly to wait until the elevator had come to a complete stop before tentatively stepping out.

Overall this hotel could be much better if all of it had been renovated; I believe it will be a better place in the near future when everything (to include the elevators) has been updated.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Humble, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I spent 5 days at this hotel during a blizzard. I checked out and went to the airport every day so I had the opportunity to sleep in several rooms. The staff was very nice and welcoming. My only suggestion is that you check the thermostat in your room before doing anything else. If the room is chilly it may not warm up before morning shower time. I didn't have any problems being moved to a different room with heat. Check out the bar area. The local microbrew beer, Great Lakes, is very good. I enjoyed the restaurant, Amp 150,but it is a little pricey without a company expense account. The Denny's is right next door so I could save some money on meals.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Cleveland Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!