I was apprehensive, based on admittedly dated reviews from friends, about the Marriott Airport. But whenever they renovated this property, they made it a great place to stay whether you are working in the area or have a small conference.
The whole hotel just screams business comfort and convenience. There are convenient tables to work on your laptop in the lobby. The bar has similar plug-in tables so you can work or browse while you eat. The wi-fi was fabulous throughout the hotel, even deep inside conference rooms on the first floor. And you and I both know that there are lots of more expensive hotels where that isn't true!
While there are a number of food options in the area, the hotel’s AMP 150 has a great eclectic menu of much more than the usual hotel fare. The bar is fun, with a great energy, but not so loud that talking is a challenge.
My room was typically sized and appointed for a hotel of this caliber, but was spotless. I can’t speak for the side of the hotel facing the highway, but my room, facing into the open garden area in the middle, was beautifully quiet.
The bathroom was spotless too – and bright. I hate dark showers, and their bathrooms are well lit – including the shower. Water pressure and temp were excellent. Shower head height – my pet peeve - was good for a six-footer.
The shuttle to the airport is easy and takes only 10 minutes. If you get Big Al as your driver, he’s a great guy and really takes care of everyone. If you are driving, they seem to have ample free parking. Of course, the hotel is right off the highway, so fast dash off to your meeting should be pretty easy.
The workout room is well-appointed, with a reasonable assortment of free weights, a good pull-down, lat, row machine in the corner, and several steppers/elipticals/treadmills. The indoor pool is large for a hotel of this size, and featured a section for laps. I didn’t bring a suit, so can’t guide you on temperature. But, I did run into a guy headed downstairs for his second turn in the Jacuzzi, which he said was very good.
If you need to impress a client (or a girl), Cleveland’s venerable Pier W is just a couple miles due north of the hotel. This legendary seafood restaurant has been going since sometime in the 60s, and still delivers fabulous food and a stunning view (on a clear night) of the Cleveland skyline. We had a fantastic, and not overly expensive, dinner on election night.
I spent two days in the hotel for a conference, and Marriott can be really proud of this property. While still clearly a mid-level hotel, it is designed for maximum comfort, convenience and enjoyment by seen-it-all business travelers. I had a terrific experience. You should too.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Cleveland Airport Hotel
- Marriott Cleveland Airport Hotel Cleveland
- Marriott Cleveland
- Cleveland Marriott
- Marriott Cleveland Airport Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore a recently-renovated hotel at Cleveland Airport, which boasts a convenient location, free airport shuttle, and premier accommodations, making it ideal for business or leisure. The Marriott, a spacious Cleveland Airport hotel, features over 350 modern guest rooms and suites with flat screen TVs, spacious bathrooms and innovative Plug-in Panels perfect for an invigorating night of rest and relaxation. Socialize with colleagues in the impressive hotel lobby or enjoy the award winning AMP 150, boasting locally grown cuisine in an eclectic environment. Plan spectacular events in 15,500 sq feet of flexible space and host productive functions in one of 24 dynamic meeting rooms. Just a short drive away from downtown Cleveland, visitors can enjoy exciting area attractions, including the IX Center, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, sports venues and much more. Book your next trip to the Cleveland Airport Marriott, a contemporary hotel near the Cleveland Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott Cleveland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.