“Overall Satisfactory” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Cortland, New York
“Overall Satisfactory”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

It is nice hotel pretty close to the airport. The rooms are great and staff was friendly. I stayed with my brother. Apparently the bathroom door was a slide door and was not easy to close. Someone have to push it hard from outside to close it. So it was a little inconvenient. Other than that, overall it was a good experience.I requested and was able to get a room on Tower building (Higher floor)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Youngstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Wanted a full-service Marriott with a restaurant and nice pool for my son's birthday that would be convenient to the IX Center. Asked for adjoining rooms and they were clean and quiet. Nice large pool and exercise room. Kids swam while my husband and I worked out and were able to watch them through the glass. Every person on staff that we ran into in the halls, restaurant, etc. always addressed us, asked how we were, how was our stay, could they get us anything. It was a very pleasant experience and we would most definitely stay there again. We travel alot with the kids for sports and I have to say this was one of the best hotels. Food was good in the restaurant as well. Full bar too. Even the kids liked it and the bartender/waiter were very accommodating to them (as they can be picky)!

Room Tip: I always find 1st floor rooms quieter when there are kids sports teams around ... they tend to stay...
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Have had good luck with Trip advisor reviews and other stays at Marriotts, but this wasnt one of them! I knew we were in trouble waiting in line to check in for 20 minutes and when finally being waited on, she decided to carry on a conversation with another worker during the process. When making the reservation online they( not me) ask you for any special requests. I checked 2 beds, higher room and extra towels. Nothing too crazy, or was it? Imagine my surprize when the first question she asked was " how many beds?..oh boy..then after chatting some more, she gave us a ground floor room. Why do they ask you? then not even follow thru? The room was clean, good enough. It has alot of events going on, I cant blame them for wanting to make money, there was a seminar, a church group, a prom, some kind of basketball team as well. But if you want a quiet stay,,this aint it! The fitness room was above average and the pool and hot tub seemed nice, the only problem it was too crowded, espically the hot tub, where a group of adults brought there beers down and made a evening of it,,we checked 4 different times, then gave up. They were in it for the long haul. The room service pizza was ok, but way overpriced, should have gone with a pizza place outside the hotel. 1 out of 4 of us had a hot shower, so we had that.It was loud all night off and on, like i said, dont come here if you like quiet, it was a Saturday night, so maybe better during the week We payed extra for breakfast in the morning, but never got to try it. They had a line of at least 100 people in it! The best part of our stay was the polite front desk guy who refunded our breakfast and was sorry for the craziness. I take my reviews very seriously, and this is the worst review I had to give. I wont stay here again and maybe not at a Marriott again.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I liked this Marriott when I walked in. I used to live in Cleveland and I've been here for events, weddings, high school reunions and such. So, I pretty much knew what to expect. But it looked nicer than I remember. It shines in the lobby -- nice seating areas, a good looking restaurant came out of their remodel, and in general I had high expectations.

So, how does a review that starts like that end up a one star, cautionary review? Easy - what's the one thing you expect at a hotel, and if you don't get it, you end up feeling poorly and certainly not in the mood to refer people positively to the place? That is -- a good nights' sleep.

Last night, at 2:17 in the AM, my wife and I were awakened from a sound sleep by a very scary sound. Someone was trying to get into our room. They couldn't get their key to work, so they tried pounding on the door with all their muscle, hoping the door would break down or the occupants would eventually give in and open it. Turns out it was a couple of drunks.

OK, let's forgive the hotel for allowing these kinds of people onto their property. Because the hotel bar is kind of a "meat locker" singles atmosphere, I guess they attract some of these types. Anyway, we called the front desk and notified them, and expected to be able to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, the drunks would not allow that. They marched up and down in the hallway, knocking on doors and yelling at each other. Turns out that "Lilly" and her friend didn't like each other any more, lots of "F" words and insults were exchanged, along with the sound of other residents in our hallway opening their doors, yelling for quiet, and slamming their room doors.

But where was security? About fifteen minutes later, they showed up. So now it's 2:35 and the security guys are talking just as loud as the drunks. And unfortunately, they didn't move them out of the way into a stairwell or take them to the lobby . . . they let the whole theatrical experience continue on right there in the hallway. Ten more minutes went by, twenty minutes, and then a moment of silence. It seemed we would finally get some sleep, but then Lilly and friends came back, and this went on for a solid TWO HOURS. Never once was security able to remove them from the area or help the residents in the area get back to sleep. We called the front desk five times over the course of the night.

When these drunks left in the AM, hopefully after a few cups of coffee, they banged as loud as they could on our door and a few others just to make sure we all knew they had "won" the night. And, of course, security was no where to be found.

In the morning, we checked out and the front desk person Kate said there was nothing she could do. She offered to give us a special low rate for another night that we needed, and this "special" rate was $189.00 (we had just paid $83 for the sleepless night before). She told us we'd be hearing from a manager, Dan, who was going to come and talk to us and we waited in the lobby for over two hours for him to come up with a resolution.

Nothing. Basically, it was clear this hotel could care less about their customer experience. So, while I liked the atmosphere and appearance of the lobby, and generally I have a great time at Marriott's, this one doesn't make the cut. If you book here, keep in mind that this is in a very shady part of town, not a place to walk around or drive around, and remember that your stay could easily be marred by the kind of people they allow to walk around their property.

Room Tip: Get a room on the OPPOSITE side of the freeway to keep noise down.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Very nice Marriot hotel, as expected of a Marriot. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Stayed near airport due to early AM flight home. DInner in hotel better than expected. Did not have any reason to leave hotel for the short one night stay, would not have been comfortable driving around the area. Used the free hotel shuttle after dropping rental off at airport. Simply called the hotel and shuttle arrived within 5 minutes. Took free shuttle to airport the next morning. If price was more reasonable would have given this highest rating. booked through hotel website, had AAA dscount, but I guess staying near airport is a bit pricey.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Marriott Cleveland Airport not by choice due to missing a connecting flight, United Airlines paid for my room and my experience with this property was fantastic. To the friendliness of the airport shuttle driver to the quick checkin agent, everything was fabulous.

Free wifi in the lobby and in the rooms was a positive to stay in touch with family and friends during the unscheduled stay.

Ordered a burger and chicken quesadilla from room service that came in a shorter amount of time than expected and tasted wonderful!

• Stayed April 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel with a great bar. Having a billiards table in the lobby is a nice social attraction. Rooms are what you would expect from a Marriott property. It's really a nice venue with great little touches, like fruit-instilled water at the check-in counter (something the Heathrow Airport Marriott does). Also very accessible to highways.

Stayed April 2012

Been to Cleveland Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!