“Delicious German Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Pennsylvania
“Delicious German Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food here is delicious. If you like brats and schnitzel then definitely give this restaurant a try. Portions are big, service is friendly and prompt. The restaurant itself is a little dated, but we would eat here again if ever in the cleveland area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great German Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I drive past this restaurant all the time and we have always wondered about it.
When we got into the restaurant we were seated right away. The waiting staff was great and very attentive. My only complaint was that the inside of the restaurant was a little dark. However, had it been a nicer day I'm sure we would have been on their expansive deck.
Anyways, we ordered potato pierogies as an appetizer. They were great; a little crispy on the outside and very soft on the inside served with onions on top.
My boyfriend ordered the deutche platte which is a "tour of Germany" of sorts. My boyfriend is German and he said the food tasted just like how his mother makes it.
I ordered the schweine schnitzel with a side salad and vegetable soup. The schnitzel was a standard breaded piece of pork. It was very flavorful. However, the vegetable soup was really something to write home about. I absolutely love vegetable soup and this one was the best that I've had. I really recommend this place. It has unique German dishes if you want to be adventurous but they also offer some regular American cuisine too. This restaurant is definitely worth a try!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Great Old Style German Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great selection of schnitzels as well as other German specialties fill the menu in a very reasonably priced German restaurant in the suburbs of Cleveland. In addition to delighful schnitzel our group enjoyed the Baked Walleye and such side dishes as cabbage and noodles, home fries, spatzel, red cabbage, and German potato salad. Wonderful Warsteiner beer on tap. Worth the trip!!

Visited August 2013
Franklin, Tennessee
“Best Pierogi in Cleveland area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Coming from Tennessee we were looking for some regional foods that we only get in Cleveland. This was our second visit to Das Schnitzel Haus. The food is fabulous. Service is good. I highly recommend the sauerbraten and the pierogis. Its worth the drive out to Parma.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland
“Sehr Gute Deutsch Restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Das Schnitzel Haus is a wonderful independent-owned German restaurant in Parma, OH. We are always greeted and seated promptly by their very nice wait-staff. There is no skimping on their entrees. The portions are very large as evidenced by most people taking some home which makes for a delicious lunch the next day. The Pork and Veal Schnitzels come with two large crisp pieces - enough to share. My son always orders the Jager Schnitzel which comes with a smothering of mushrooms in a delicious gravy that allows every mouthful to include several pieces of mushrooms. If you want a smaller dinner portion - I recommend you order the Schnitzel Sandwich off the bun - you will get half the dinner portion plus kraut and soup or potato. I have also enjoyed the Chicken Paprikash and the Stuffed Cabbage. Be sure to check out the specials. I can't wait to go again.

• Visited May 2013