“Solid.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parallax

2179 W 11th St, Cleveland, OH 44113-6100
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Parallax is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,634 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fairfield
New York City, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Ate here 5 years ago and liked the food and the decor and atmosphere. Came back for a dinner on a weekend trip to Cleveland and Oberlin. The service from the host staff to our waiter could not have been nicer. The vibe is hip but relaxed and friendly. Food is hit and miss and the menu is all over the place (emphasis on seafood, sushi, and then things like beer and cheese soup). What we had was good. Great wine list. Good value. A nice part of town, too.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“First time visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We had visited another establishment and finding ourselves disappointed, moved down the street to Parallax for HH. What a joy! The service at the bar was impeccable and friendly. The wine was perfect and the two appetizers, mussels and potstickers were inventive and fresh. We felt welcomed and taken care of. Next visit...we stay for dinner!

Visited August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great experience, A must do when in Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

A business dinner this week and my suggestion was - "let's go somewhere local to Cleveland, good food, and not the standard chain restaurant." The Parallax recommendation was a home run. This is a small restaurant in what appears to be a revitalized area called Tremont.

The customer service started with a great experience in the bar pre-dinner. Very welcoming with good drinks and wasabi peas for a snack.

Dinner started with a sushi appetizer. I am a sushi rookie, not sure I really wanted to try it. Our waiter helped with the selection, and purposefully placed the "sampler" with those targeted for me and a good experience closest to me. Nice touch. I wish that I remembered his name because he helped keep everything professional while still fun.

When traveling for business, I frequently ask the waiter to surprise me (after giving a few things that would not be eligible). He delivered an excellent sauteed shrimp dish with a corn type fritter. Not what I would normally order, but it was excellent.

Voted the best at our table was the swordfish, which was filleted and very tender and tasty.

Valet parking is available, but not needed if getting there earlier in the evening. There was plenty of on street parking.

The Parallax is a must do when in Cleveland!.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Trendy + Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Took my wife and daughter there for dinner on a Saturday night, 7 o'clock reservation. Wife had looked at some online reviews and commented the service often gets knocked as slow, inattentive even rude...Not for our experience. Pleasant hostess, got our table (covered patio) right away. Ryan was our server and he was very knowledgeable about the menu offerings and helped my wife decide between a couple choices. I had the tasty pear 75 martini, had a second for that matter. Appetizer of Short Rib Pot Stickers was pretty good albeit different. Daughter loved the Walleye dinner, wife's swordfish looked strange in you get 2 slices each about 1/4" thick but she loved it. I had the hanger steak and ordered medium. Ryan pressed to go med rare for better taste and that turned out to be a great recommendation. The final tab ended up being a little steep at $225.00 (with tip) for three so that in itself precludes Parallax from being a regular dining stop. Mixed crowd of young hipsters, families and business people. I recommend giving Parallax a try!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were looking for our large group (9) to eat last night. Parallax was accommodating and we were impressed with the intensive menu. Lots of fish, seafood, meat but also sushi. The portions are large and everyone enjoyed the dishes they ordered. This is a trendy and well priced restaurant.

Visited July 2013