“Great experience, A must do when in Cleveland” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Parallax is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,565 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fairfield
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great experience, A must do when in Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

A business dinner this week and my suggestion was - "let's go somewhere local to Cleveland, good food, and not the standard chain restaurant." The Parallax recommendation was a home run. This is a small restaurant in what appears to be a revitalized area called Tremont.

The customer service started with a great experience in the bar pre-dinner. Very welcoming with good drinks and wasabi peas for a snack.

Dinner started with a sushi appetizer. I am a sushi rookie, not sure I really wanted to try it. Our waiter helped with the selection, and purposefully placed the "sampler" with those targeted for me and a good experience closest to me. Nice touch. I wish that I remembered his name because he helped keep everything professional while still fun.

When traveling for business, I frequently ask the waiter to surprise me (after giving a few things that would not be eligible). He delivered an excellent sauteed shrimp dish with a corn type fritter. Not what I would normally order, but it was excellent.

Voted the best at our table was the swordfish, which was filleted and very tender and tasty.

Valet parking is available, but not needed if getting there earlier in the evening. There was plenty of on street parking.

The Parallax is a must do when in Cleveland!.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Trendy + Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Took my wife and daughter there for dinner on a Saturday night, 7 o'clock reservation. Wife had looked at some online reviews and commented the service often gets knocked as slow, inattentive even rude...Not for our experience. Pleasant hostess, got our table (covered patio) right away. Ryan was our server and he was very knowledgeable about the menu offerings and helped my wife decide between a couple choices. I had the tasty pear 75 martini, had a second for that matter. Appetizer of Short Rib Pot Stickers was pretty good albeit different. Daughter loved the Walleye dinner, wife's swordfish looked strange in you get 2 slices each about 1/4" thick but she loved it. I had the hanger steak and ordered medium. Ryan pressed to go med rare for better taste and that turned out to be a great recommendation. The final tab ended up being a little steep at $225.00 (with tip) for three so that in itself precludes Parallax from being a regular dining stop. Mixed crowd of young hipsters, families and business people. I recommend giving Parallax a try!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
baltimore
“Delicious food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were looking for our large group (9) to eat last night. Parallax was accommodating and we were impressed with the intensive menu. Lots of fish, seafood, meat but also sushi. The portions are large and everyone enjoyed the dishes they ordered. This is a trendy and well priced restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was in a residential location and easy to park. Everything was excellent from the service, to food presentation, to the food itself.

Visited July 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Extensive/Creative Menu Plus Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Like others have said, this is probably one of the top 10 restaurants in Cleveland.
There are probably 12 to 15 seafood entrées and the same amount of beef, pork, and chicken entrées on the menu.
There is also an extensive sushi menu.
One item of note, if the restaurant is busy and they offer to sit you in a booth in the bar, decline and wait for a table in the dining room (or outside).
Wine list is good, but like the food, expensive.
Service was so-so, but friendly. I noticed our waiter also going outside. Perhaps they were short-handed or it was because we were in the bar.
Will be going back to try other items AND sit in the dining room.

• Visited July 2013