“Gotta' go to Lola's” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lola Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,674 restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, French
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gotta' go to Lola's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great atmosphere and excellent food. Michael Symon's Lola Bistro is just plain good!! From the cocktails (I had a ginger/grapefruit gimlet), to the beef cheek perogies and beet salad....our meal was off to a great start. We continued with the soup special....black lentl with lobster and bacon. Yum. Pigs ears were a bit chewy, but flavorful. Duck entree was excellent. The finale.....6 AM French Toast. A longtime staple with maple/bacon ice cream, caramelized apples and crispy French toast. A fabulous meal.

Visited June 2014

84% Recommend
suttons bay, Michigan
“great place for a luxurious lunch with my special friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was our second trip to Lola for a special meal and it did not disappoint us. Served by Tiffany, who was very professional, informative and attentive to whatever we needed. she had that special quality in a server where she almost anticipated what we wanted before we even knew we wanted it. It takes years of being a server to have this intuitive quality and she has it. The meal was flawless also. The server assistants were spot on and very efficient. We had our bread in less than a minute after we were seated and our server appeared soon after. My friend had Michael Symons' signature spicy tomato bisque with blue cheese at my recommendation. He loved it. I have made it before because I have his cookbook. Then he had the trout. I had the scallops. both were excellent. Dessert for my friend was an apple crisp with ice cream. he loved it. I ordered the cheese plate because I am not a sweet eater. It was 3 kinds of vermont cheese with preserves and rosemary crackers. excellent. We will return on our next visit to cleveland.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Lola Cleveland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

As usual the food was excellent. We had the deconstructed bacon wrapped scallops and the calves heart(yes calves heart). The heart tastes like a silkier version of a filet mignon. Service was excellent; great bar. We just love coming here when we're in Cleveland

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, United States
“Great date night. High quality food, but minimal selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

$$$$ for sure. Good for special occasions/ romantic outings. I have been several times and the selection is only about two pages though high in quality. I recommend the Bone Marrow appetizer as well as the beef cheek pierogis. Tasty! The Bone Marrow might be one of the best items I have ever eaten in my life. So rich and delicious. The duck breast was my last entree and it was wonderful as well. The menu is seasonal and there was a lot of seafood listed this time (not my favorite). A great place to visit in Cleveland and if you get lucky with a nice weather day, the location is perfect. Able to walk around the center of public square and the surrounding area. Also able to bar hop all the way down East 4th street and to the Horseshoe Casion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ajax, Canada
“A must for after dinner drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My hubby and I were in Cleveland for the Memorial Day long weekend and we decided to check out Lola's for after dinner drinks based on the favourable Trip Advisor reviews I had read.

This bar is located on East 4th Street where all the bars are located on a pedestrianised street. The bar has a cool, trendy vibe to it, but is not stuffy or pretentious.

Although the kitchen was already closed by the time we arrived (11:00pm on Saturday), the bar area was still busy. I don't remember the bartender's name, but he was fantastic! I liked the fact their very extensive drink menu was on an iPad instead of a normal menu.

Check this place out the next time your in Cleveland!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere