“Spot on” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lola Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,675 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, French
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Spot on”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband is from Cleveland and a fan of Michael Symon. He could not believe how much 4th street has changed since he was growing up there. We both ordered something a little less traditional for us, he had the lamb heart ( and Beef Cheek Pierogi), loved them! I had the squash soup with sweet breads and sturgeon which was cooked perfectly.

Service was exceptional and atmosphere was nicely done. When we get a chance to go back, I would like to sit at the bar overlooking the kitchen. To me those were the best seats in the house.

My husband commented on the fact that it was a little dark, but that was ok. If we had one complaint, was the noise. Very loud and we had a hard time hearing each other talk, I had to ask the server twice to repeat the specials. But beyond that, it was spot on. Just what to expect from Michael Symon.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pittsburgh PA
“Eclectic menu and chic atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We (6) friends had dinner at Lola's Tuesday night. We arrived at 8pm and enjoyed a cocktail at the bar which is beautiful and has floor to ceiling bottles of wine. Once seated our waitress was on-top of our group bringing us 2 bottles of Cabernet and several cocktails and beer. The bread is yummy, hot and fresh! We all had a different appetizer, the best were the gnocchi and the lobster although every one was magnificent. For dinner we had the pork chop (huge, moist and delicious), scallops, hanger steak, corn something, fish, and the pork shank. Everyone raved! We had some sides of the spinach with shaved Parmesan, also amazing. We all had dessert but by this point we also had too much alcohol...so all I remember was the chocolate/pretzel and cheesecake were the best. Our bill was $700+tip. Actually priced well for everything we ate and drank...we left full and happy and will definitely recommend Lola's to all. A great place for a large dinner party or a romantic dinner for 2. The staff are top notch, the chefs are the best and very talented.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Unusual and wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had dinner here with a group of folks. The menu had really unusual items such as bone marrow, lamb heart, pig ears... so you should only come here if you are adventurous. For appetizer I had the beef cheeks in pierogis - delicious. Then the pork shank entree - a huge portion - definitely something I'd split with someone in the future. One of my friends ordered the lamb heart, and I tried a piece. Tastes just like a rare steak, also delicious. We also ordered the pork belly and pig ears appetizer - the pork belly was great. The pig ears were deep fried, a little too crunchy for me because they almost looked like onion straws. Great flavors. The place is noisy, so if you're looking for a lot of conversation, that might be tough.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“An accidental surprise that wowed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

On our last day in Cleveland we de died to venture through downtown to see what the city had to offer. We stumbled across some fun shops, interesting night life which we couldn't partake in being that it was early afternoon, and then we came to Lola. We decided to go in and see what she had to offer.

The restaurant is stunning, romantic, and artistically pleasing all at the same time. It gives a homey yet sophisticated feel that screams glamour yet comfort. I guess it's hard to explain, which is why I recommend you give it a try for yourselves.

I had hanger steak with the skinniest frites I've ever seen on a bed of micro greens with a fried egg on top. The steak was scrumptious. I devoured it in mere minutes simply because the flavors were incredible. It was tender, juicy, and seasoned just right. My boyfriend, who is usually non adventurous in his eating, ordered a fried bologna sandwich. I thought he was certainly not going to enjoy it but he too couldn't get enough of his food.

This is a restaurant we still talk about ten months later.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Good but a bit pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

On a recent visit to Cleveland, we asked friends who live there to choose a premiere restaurant. They suggested Lola. Wanting to try a Michael Symon restaurant, we readily agreed. Located at the head of trendy 4th Street it is picturesquely situated. We were immediately seated at a prime window table overlooking the outside action. Inside, the ambiance was romantic and subdued. I started with oysters for an appetizer. Instead of the suggested sauces, I requested tobasco. I was served just enough in a small saucer to dampen all six. Our friends both ordered the pork chop, the signature entree. My wife had the Pacific Halibut and I chose the pork shank. All entrees were delicious. The service was impeccable. The taste and presentation were both first class. Having dined at restaurants operated by George Perrier, Emeral, Jose Garca, and Steven Starr, my feeling was that the prices at Lola were about 15% too high for a Major Chef's restaurant and about 25% too high for this area, considering the other fine establishments co-habiting 4th Street.