“Good but a bit pricey.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lola Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,687 Restaurants in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, French
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Good but a bit pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

On a recent visit to Cleveland, we asked friends who live there to choose a premiere restaurant. They suggested Lola. Wanting to try a Michael Symon restaurant, we readily agreed. Located at the head of trendy 4th Street it is picturesquely situated. We were immediately seated at a prime window table overlooking the outside action. Inside, the ambiance was romantic and subdued. I started with oysters for an appetizer. Instead of the suggested sauces, I requested tobasco. I was served just enough in a small saucer to dampen all six. Our friends both ordered the pork chop, the signature entree. My wife had the Pacific Halibut and I chose the pork shank. All entrees were delicious. The service was impeccable. The taste and presentation were both first class. Having dined at restaurants operated by George Perrier, Emeral, Jose Garca, and Steven Starr, my feeling was that the prices at Lola were about 15% too high for a Major Chef's restaurant and about 25% too high for this area, considering the other fine establishments co-habiting 4th Street.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“A last minute surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Last night we were walking the downtown area of Cleveland and wandered into Lola's. I'd read about it on line so we decided to go in. What a great surprise. All of the food was excellent. I had the hanger steak and my wife had the salmon. As an appetizer I had to try the beef cheek perrogi. It was outstanding! The wine was great, nicely chilled; even the bread was great, warm and fresh. We were happy to find a white from New Zealand.

The service was exceptional. We were so satisfied with dinner we had no room for desert! Shame as they had some interesting choices. We went to the restaurant a bit late, after 9pm. It was busy but we got lucky and got a table.

It is a little expensive, but worth every penny. It's great to go to a really good place and love everything you ate. Oh, the Lola freits were awesome! Almost forgot, as I shared them with my wife. Normally I skip the fries but these were cooked in bacon grease, and the best I've had!

We would go back on a future trip to Cleveland. It's also a romantic spot and a nice walk from our hotel downtown.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Lived up to the expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have been a fan of Michael Symon for ages and finally got a chance to visit Lola and it did not disappoint. I love the location, the atmosphere and the open kitchen. Everyone I was with in a party of 8 had a wonderful time, and loved their meals. The scallops in particular were spectacular. I also love the cocktail menu delivered on a computer. A must visit location in Cleveland for sure.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saginaw, Michigan
“Lola's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Lola's was recommended by our son who had visited it when in Cleveland. He recommended eating pork. My wife had salmon which she enjoyed very much. I had the pork shank which was also good, We went during the week and had no trouble getting a table. Although Lola's was very good, Michael Symon's Roast restaurant in Detroit was a bit better.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Irvine, California
“Lola = Loser”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am a big fan of Michael Symon. I hated the food at his restaurant in Cleveland, Ohio. I ordered his signature Lola hamburger. It was so greasy that I had to wrap a napkin around it to absorb the grease. The after-taste stayed with me all day. The rest of our party had the same bad experience with their lunches. I was so disapointed in the whole experience. I read some of the other reviews and I can only say, they must be from his family. I may try going there again, I'm just not sure when.

• Visited July 2013