“First time trying pho” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
NJ
“First time trying pho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

So we picked the best restaurant for pho in Cleveland or so we read ! Since it was my first time I would have to agree as the food was wonderful. The broth was great, service timely and informative and the choices many. We talked with the owners' son who also filled us in on what to order and how.

You can't go wrong. Know that the restaurant is off East 31 st St. behind the Korean Restaurant on Superior, not the Pho restaurant on Superior. (Have not been to that one so can't comment on their food !).

Worth the trip. Will be back on my next trip to Ohio.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Fresh, delicious and inexpensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was some of the best pho I have ever had. The summer rolls are also very delicious. Will come back when I'm in Cleveland again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Next to water
“You should try it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Plenty of parking in the back which is nice and seemed very safe during the day. Signage could be better for sure but you can walk in through the back and it's a general corridor, even though it appears that you are walking into a different restaurant.

Pho was good, a little on the meek side but I like that it didn't have too harsh of a spice flavor that you can get with Phos. I don't know if it's star anise or cinammon but some of the spicier Phos have too much undertone notes. I prefer chili and pepper type flavorings.

I ordered the Pho with everything in it and it didn't have any meatballs. It was loaded with plenty of meat for sure though...I just wanted to try the meatballs.

The bahn mi was really delicious. I'd go back for the bahn mi for sure. Not too many places around here where you can get the delicious bread like that and the good pate spread.

Make sure you grab everything you want in the beginning because you probably won't see your server again. A different person brings you your food and you are left with a check stub to pay at the register so this helps expedite a very busy restaurant. If you are an average eater then a small is plenty. And if you don't have good noodle eating skills or use chopsticks slowly your noodles will expand in your bowl and you'll never finish them! I had no problem finishing off a large noodle bowl.

Visited April 2013
Solon, Ohio
“Enjoying a Special Restaurant in a Unique Spot of Cleveland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Being a native Clevelander I had never been in our Asian community area for dinner. I went to Superior Pho to try out the area and this was one of the better recommended restaurants. It is very simple but the food was very good. Definitely Vietnamese. It was unique and very tasty. It felt good to get away from our normal habits and the food was very healthy.There are two dining rooms and both were about 75% filled on a Thursday evening. The area of Cleveland is not the best because it is a bit industrial but there is a large parking lot in the back. There were many all women dining groups so that tells you it is safe. It didn't serve any beer or wine which is a disadvantage and the food came out so quickly it almost made you feel rushed. The service was great. We are going back for more in the future.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Ohio, United States
“Authentic Pho (Beef noodle soup)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

What can I say but, this is some awesome soup, especially on a cold Cleveland day.
Their Spring and Summer rolls and their papaya salad are also good. Located in a building with a couple other restaurants, Superior Pho is just that, Superior. I have gone there several times without disappointment in quality of food. I'm hoping to try some of their other dishes but the soup keeps me coming back for more.

• Visited February 2013