“Would stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Youngstown, Ohio
“Would stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

We stayed for 2 weeks and met most of the staff. No complaints. Everyone was very nice. The place is kept clean. The food was fresh and plenty of it. The lounge/computer room was pleasant and kept clean. We used the microwave in this room and ate at the table as well as met with family and friends in this space. We used the computer provided. Overall it was a very pleasant and safe place to stay. Close to many restaurants and shopping. The TV in our room could have been better, but it was watchable. The picture was just a bit dark.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Piqua, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

This hotel is very dated and the room we stayed in had a stain on the carpet and coffee maker was filthy. I will never stay at this hotel again, not even if the price were lower.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Anna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Clarion from Jan 19 to Jan 22 She stayed, I had out patient surgery on 1/21. Therefore this is based on my one day stay.
The physician's office suggested that the Clarion maybe a good choice because of its close location to Cleveland Clinic Beachwood and had a special rate which was far less than the some of the other hotels.
I read Trip Advisor and had some trepidations siince everything I read was BAD.
I called and spoke with receptionist Monique who assured me the place was clean and she had her family stay there when they were in area.
Based on Monique's advise, we booked at the special rate for Cleveland Clinic.
One caveat - you must bring a copy of your schedule to present when you check in to get the special rate and your stay does not count towards Choice Awards ( but our savings of a $100+ for the 3 night stay was worth it) We stayed in non-smoking king.
When we checked in as luck had it, Monique was on duty. She is a very nice, friendly and helpful person. After all my stays around the world, I would rate her as one of the top 10 staff. We talked a little, checked in and went to our room.
The room was nice and toasty, typical 1980's- 1990's layout. Little small in one way but very CLEAN, neat with comfortable bed. The shower in the bathroom has the 1970's height - you know when you stoop your head to wash it. The bathroom is small but clean.
I went down to ask Monique directions to hospital and restaurants in area. She recommend Hyde Park ( top 10 steak house in Ohio - as guest you get 20% discount) along with some specials - earlier bird and entree etc.). It was little pricy (Ruth Crists costs but little less) so we settled on using the map which the Clarion furnished to pick a restaurant.. There are several restaurants in the area for various chains. from the Red Lobster, not recommened not for the food but very slow service, to Bennehaha, Olive Garden, Bob Evans, PF Changs etc. We will be trying the Hyde Park tonight, last meal and such before surgery - ha! ha!. The breakfast we had is typical Holiday Inn - some hot food and rolls etc.
I spoke with the Hotel Manager this morning and commended Monique. The Manager also stated the hotel would be updated to a Holiday Inn Indigo - wood floors in rooms, spa bathroom and cleaner lines. The cost will probably go up with this upgrade but based on service and staff, I think this place will always be a good deal.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

As a routine customer of the Clarion, I highly recommend the hotel for its overall value and professionalism of the staff. Other features that I appreciate are location to surrounding restaurants which include Hyde Park and free internet connection.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Westport, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Checked in to this no frills hotel and immediately wished that I had spent a few dollars more and stayed next door. The worst thing was that there was very little heat in the room. I cranked up the thermostat to max 86 degrees and still had to go downstairs looking for an extra blanket. At 11PM the front desk was empty and I had to wait 20 minutes until someone appeared to help.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

1st the address is wrong! Its not in Cleveland its Beachwood. 2nd the web page have many mistake. Barbar Shop its a solan. Geauga Lake is not longer. High-speed Internet access if its working. Rooms are run down, wall paper in my room was coming down is places, the heating unit was front 1930's or some where arond there.

The only reason I stayed in this hotel the price was right. But, I knew better I should have stayed at Hilton products... But I was a budget.

Well thanks for letting say my peace.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

From first glance it was ok. Until I laid down to take a nap and wound up in a sea of bedbugs. It was then quite difficult to get comped for that night - it took some effort talking to the general manager. So, thus, never again.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
clarionbeachwood, Manager at Clarion Hotel Beachwood, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
This guest had existing bites that were healing when she brought this to my attention. I did comp her room and put it out of order for 4 weeks for treatment. No bed-bugs were found.

Been to Clarion Hotel Beachwood? Share your experiences!