Alas - this hotel was the worst we stayed at. Good point (two): it's relatively clean + it was the lowest priced hotel in that area of Beachwood. Bad points:
1. 2 not so friendly (rather gruff) desk clerks when we arrived at night
2. when I asked about a restaurant list, one desk clerk responded that they didn't have one and pointed to his head, stating that it was in his head and that I should specify a cuisine I wanted. We don't decide on restaurants this way so that was useless.
3. when we got back from dinner, the coffee left in the carafe (one last cup) was barely warm - it must have been sitting there for hours
4. one of the light bulbs in the bathroom was out; I unscrewed it and put it on the bathroom countertop for the maid to get changed. When we returned the next day, it was still sitting there.
5. the TV took 30 seconds (?) to come on; when pressing for any channel using the TV remote (for Direct TV), it takes about 10 seconds for each channel to come on (making you want to scream....loudly)
6. the coffee maker in the room did not work properly because the design was defective
7. breakfast one morning: both carafes of regular coffee out at 7:15 AM when we arrived; 10 minutes after requesting more, one carafe was filled
8. cold cereal choices at breakfast both days we were there: not one of the 7-8 varieties in the little boxes was cheerios, wheaties or any other variety without 2-4 teaspoons of added sugar (oink)
9. each day, one of the 2 room keys failed to work (a different one each day)
10. only one wastebasket in the room placed in the bathroom so, if someone has trash while another person is in the bathroom, there's nowhere to put it other than on the floor I guess
11. the breakfast area has only 6 tables; on both mornings, all were taken when we got down about 7-7:30 AM
12. no notice on making the reservation, nor at check in, about a surprise extra charge each day for the room safe
13. at breakfast, the fan from the ceiling blew freezing cold air down on your head (so hard that the steam from the coffee was blowing furiously sideways)
14. the breakfast plates are hard reusable plastic; one selected hard plastic breakfast plate had icky food residue on it; no quality control there.
Overall, it was unpleasant. Stay there only if you must
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Hotel Beachwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel Cleveland
- Clarion Cleveland
- Cleveland Clarion
- Clarion Hotel Beachwood Cleveland, Ohio