“Superb customer service, housekeeping and use a little work.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Pennsylvania
“Superb customer service, housekeeping and use a little work.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

After a HORRIBLE and DISGUSTING stay at the Crowne Plaza in Indepedance, OH, we were afraid to stay anywhere else in the area. We took a chance here and I must say that i was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and you could tell that they really try to clean everything (no dust in hidden places). Our bathroom the next day could have been serviced a little better but atleast it was cleaned. The breakfast was fantastic when it comes to free breakfast. William at the front desk was great and went the extra step to help me find my way around town. When i did have a small problem. Sonya (Manager) was excellent!!!! She took care of it RIGHT away and for that I was thankful. This is will be my go to hotel from now when i have to come to the area!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I recently stayed here for my fathers 80th birthday celebration as it was near family and the location. I mostly dealt with Elizabeth in Sales and she made the whole reservation experience extremely easy as possible. The rooms were extremely comfortable, lighting was great, the deluxe continental breakfast was fully stocked. Different items everyday, and the staff tried to maintain it to be clean. Only negative experience that i experienced is that my tub would not drain. When I took a shower the tub filled up with water very quickly, so I was standing in dirty water above my ankles which was extremely unpleasant. I did address this to the front desk gentleman who worked the evening shift but never was fixed. Other than that, it was a nice experience

chicago, illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The rooms are nicely upgraded, clean and quiet. The breakfast was very nice with super friendly staff. The only reason I did not give five stars was because the grounds are not well kept; actually very sloppy. Flowers at the entry would be nice with some other plantings and the courtyard view from our room was not desireable at all.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Everything was outstanding from the time we walked through the door, to the room we stayed in, the customer service is outstanding. The food was wonderful, great taste and flavor. We walked in with a smiles on our faces and left with one on our faces. The three of us, me, my husband and son slept very comfortably. In fact the beds were absolutely comfortable. We were so thankful for this hotel (home away from home).

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor on the end left are very quieter
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

stayed in this hotel for one night while visiting cleveland. Hotel was clean and well located. the entrance is a bit difficult to spot as it is from a sidestreet. also the GPS has difficulty find this location. Set your default location to cleveland and search for hotels as the address by it self may not work.

Went to chiptole near this location for dinner, very crowded and not a great location. if you want to eat at chipotle go to another location.

The breakfast was good. Avoid the milk if possible

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed three nights at the Clarion. It was noticeably new, with everything in working order, and DirecTV. The only thing missing was a fridge in the room. The breakfast was good, varied and the coffee was hot and plentiful all day long. No pool, which did not bother us, but the fitness room was renovated and had new equipment. Literally feet from I-271, it was easy to get to. We used it for a launching point to get to Canton, Cleveland and other NE suburbs. We would easily stay there again. Oh, the front desk staff was always friendly and available.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I bidded on a hotel through Priceline at the last minute. When we arrived at the hotel there were no rooms ready for check-in because it was the day after Valentine's Day and the had 50 rooms check out at once. We waited about an hour until rooms were available but once we were checked in, there were no more problems. I had my granddaughters with me and the staff was very nice to them. We stayed for two nights and there was complementary breakfast both mornings. The second night my daughter decided to get a room and she too bid on Priceline and managed to get the same hotel.

Overall, our stay was very pleasant and the staff was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a corner room it is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family