“Comfortable Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Cincinnati
“Comfortable Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I recently stayed here for my fathers 80th birthday celebration as it was near family and the location. I mostly dealt with Elizabeth in Sales and she made the whole reservation experience extremely easy as possible. The rooms were extremely comfortable, lighting was great, the deluxe continental breakfast was fully stocked. Different items everyday, and the staff tried to maintain it to be clean. Only negative experience that i experienced is that my tub would not drain. When I took a shower the tub filled up with water very quickly, so I was standing in dirty water above my ankles which was extremely unpleasant. I did address this to the front desk gentleman who worked the evening shift but never was fixed. Other than that, it was a nice experience

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
chicago, illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The rooms are nicely upgraded, clean and quiet. The breakfast was very nice with super friendly staff. The only reason I did not give five stars was because the grounds are not well kept; actually very sloppy. Flowers at the entry would be nice with some other plantings and the courtyard view from our room was not desireable at all.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Everything was outstanding from the time we walked through the door, to the room we stayed in, the customer service is outstanding. The food was wonderful, great taste and flavor. We walked in with a smiles on our faces and left with one on our faces. The three of us, me, my husband and son slept very comfortably. In fact the beds were absolutely comfortable. We were so thankful for this hotel (home away from home).

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor on the end left are very quieter
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

stayed in this hotel for one night while visiting cleveland. Hotel was clean and well located. the entrance is a bit difficult to spot as it is from a sidestreet. also the GPS has difficulty find this location. Set your default location to cleveland and search for hotels as the address by it self may not work.

Went to chiptole near this location for dinner, very crowded and not a great location. if you want to eat at chipotle go to another location.

The breakfast was good. Avoid the milk if possible

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed three nights at the Clarion. It was noticeably new, with everything in working order, and DirecTV. The only thing missing was a fridge in the room. The breakfast was good, varied and the coffee was hot and plentiful all day long. No pool, which did not bother us, but the fitness room was renovated and had new equipment. Literally feet from I-271, it was easy to get to. We used it for a launching point to get to Canton, Cleveland and other NE suburbs. We would easily stay there again. Oh, the front desk staff was always friendly and available.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I bidded on a hotel through Priceline at the last minute. When we arrived at the hotel there were no rooms ready for check-in because it was the day after Valentine's Day and the had 50 rooms check out at once. We waited about an hour until rooms were available but once we were checked in, there were no more problems. I had my granddaughters with me and the staff was very nice to them. We stayed for two nights and there was complementary breakfast both mornings. The second night my daughter decided to get a room and she too bid on Priceline and managed to get the same hotel.

Overall, our stay was very pleasant and the staff was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a corner room it is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

No way should this hotel be considered 3 stars. We made the mistake of putting the 'do not disturb' sign on the door as the cleaning staff woke me up at 830 the morning prior. We took the sign off at 930am and my room was never cleaned/made up for 2 days in a row. We told the front desk several times, yet nobody was sent to give me fresh towels/make the beds or empty garbage bins. The air vent was atrociously loud. You really have to crank the television up to hear over top of it. As a result, you can also hear the blaring TVs in the surrounding rooms. It's great that they offer free local calls, but the telephone in the room did not work for outgoing calls. We complained three times to the front desk and nothing was done. They told us that we would have to let them know what number we wanted to call and they could just call for me and try to transfer it. Despite the dissatisfaction with the room, the hotel would maybe be a two star...nothing more. The renovations (in progress) are very basic. The woman attending to the breakfast was the only pleasant and helpful staff member we encountered. Parking lot was full every evening due to the valet parking of the steak restaurant next door, so there was no parking between 6pm-midnight -including wheelchair parking.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
cindydek, Manager at Clarion Hotel Beachwood, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Cynthia, I am very concerned with the events of your stay. I sent you a personal message requesting more information so that I can thoroughly research this situation. Thank you, Cindy-GM

Been to Clarion Hotel Beachwood? Share your experiences!