“Enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

+1 216-664-0941
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Red, The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,684 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Private Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Private Dining
Painesville, Ohio, USA
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Xmas eve with my wife. Have always enjoyed Red food. Newer location and the service was as expected. Wish location had more availability for frequent guests since I'm often looking at other restaurants when no reasonable slots are available.

Visited December 2013

“What a meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I went to red for our anniversary. It was a memorable evening and a terrific dinner. The service was very friendly although we felt a little rushed at times. We ordered the arugula salad. The dressing was outstanding. Next up were the green beans, tater tots and strip steak. All were done to perfection with enough leftover to take home. The wine selection had a lot of depth. We finished our meal with complimentary desserts! Yum! We'll go back soon as should you!

Broadview Heights, Ohio
“Great new location, same great food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

After a few unsuccessful attempts we finally scored a reservation last night. My wife and I actually like the Cleveland location better, love the fact that we can hit the casino or checkout the christmas lights. Food is the same….amazing…I travel the country for work, have eaten in some of the priciest and more notable steakhouses and I say w/o hesitation Red is as good if not better than any other in the country…The new location is great, the vibe is great, the food is better. Staff is spot on, service is great…. Bottom line, if you are looking for great dining experience regardless of the occasion this is the place you want to go. Oh yea and they are opening for lunch in March… Score !

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glendale, Arizona
“Sputtering out of the gates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

From what I understand this is a new restaurant. Had a large group for a business dinner. Dinner was 4 hours long. Food was great but it took a very long to get.

Visited December 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not good, very disappointing ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Red (in Beachwood) is my favorite steakhouse so we couldn't wait to try the new downtown location. WOW, what a difference. The service (and servers) are the bottom of the barrel. I understand it's only been open a month but come on. We had the oysters and crab cakes for apps (very very small portions). We ordered the "prime cut" filets both which were cooked incorrectly, small, and average tasting. Instead of being an amazing evening that we were excited for it seemed like we were at outback. We will not be back.