“The best steak and the best value in the Cleveland” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ferris Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 1,684 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cleveland, Ohio
“The best steak and the best value in the Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

When I first tried the Rockcliff I was taken aback by the old time vibe of the decor, but I have come to appreciate that as much as the food and the wonderful service. I eat out almost everynight and have traveled quite a bit. Hands down, the Rockcliff gives you the best steak for your money. Not only is it delicious, but it comes with salad and sides so you dont have to order everything ala carte.
The service has always been polite, friendly and well paced. Drinks are generous and reasonable as well. If you can, don't miss the Clambake- just went and it was awesome!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Mediocre Food, awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Went there last night, hungry for a good steak. The atmosphere was initially cool, with a guy in the center playing piano. Once we sat down, things quickly deteriorated.

The place was not busy, yet our waitress took a good 15 minutes to get our first drinks...then another 15 to take our order. She pretty much ignored us the rest of the time, and instead joked around with the cooks and bartender.

My order was simple: an 8 oz Fillet Mignon, cooked medium. The steak came out CHARRED, and though the very center of the steak was OK, everything else was crispy. I've had better steak at Applebee's.

Even the salad was lacking, just generic, hardly fresh lettuce.

Basically, I could have prepared a better dinner myself, for a fraction of the price. And I'm not a professional chef by any means.

To top things off, a group of rowdy men came in for a dinner towards the end of our lackluster meal. After a bit, one turned and loudly insulted us for reasons undefined. Nobody did anything about this. We eventually left our table, and took another near the bar. Our server came over, we told her what happened, and she just laughed it off.

This is hands-down the worst dining experience I've had in the Cleveland area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, OH
“Very good steak dinners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

Very good restaruant - the steaks were very good - very tasty
We went for a birthday celebration.
Ordered the bacon wrapped filet and the Surf and Filet dinner.
The house salad dressing is VERY good

Not much business for a Thrusday night - reservations definately not needed on week nights. Unfortunately the restaurant is in a neighborhood that is declining. There is a security guard watching customer's vehicles in the private lot next door.

The waitress was very attentive, but at times disappeared.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland
“I recommend this restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

Went there on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was not crowded at all. All the staff were very friendly. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was fantastic. First of all, they had a huge open wood burning oven that threw off heat. Then, there was a piano player that was playing when we got there (6:00 p.m.) but quit playing at 8 (so get there early if you want to enjoy the music).

The food was good although prices were just a touch on the high side. A dinner for 5 cost $250 including tip and that included three four drinks, a bottle of wine and two appetizers and on dessert.

I wouldn't recommend the NY strip steak. It was prepared excellently with the seasonings they put on it enhancing the taste. However, it was a little fatty.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I don't eat steak very often, but when I do I want it to be excellent. Despite its status as a venerable institution...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

I don't eat steak very often, but when I do I want it to be excellent. Despite its status as a venerable institution, two widely spaced visits Ferris Steak House have been very disappointing. The quality of the meat was only average - not the premium quality you would expect at a steak house. Compounding this problem was the lack of attention to cooking the steaks: they arrived an unappetizing mostly gray color. The high point of the meal was their very rich and flavorful mushroom soup - though still not enough to make up for the bland steaks.