“Good Food” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place was great. We just left there and had such a pleasant experience. We ordered breakfast and lunch at our table. Our waitress being triad was Monica and we wish her well!
Iced tea was fresh and the coffee was hot. *****

Aurora, Ohio
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

If you live in the Cleveland area or plan to visit, you must go to this authentic tasting deli minutes from Beachwood Place Mall. Whether you have a small or large group, they will do their best to accomodate you.

Be prepared to wait on a Saturday or Sunday but your patience will be rewarded. Choose breakfast or lunch tasty corned beef or thick cut challah french toast and expect a delicious meal. If you like soup order the Mike's Hearty Chicken Soup...a meal in itself! And unlike many other deli's the service is typically very good and the place is always clean.

Visited April 2014
Eastlake, Ohio
“Did anyone say Corned Beef and Matzoh Ball Soup?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

OMG...Jack's is da bomb! I have been a customer at Jacks for well over thirty years and they never disappoint. Sometime that wait can be a little long, but the wait is well worth it. They know my family by name. The minute you sit down a bowl of pickles is placed on the table. My favorite are pickled tomatoes.

There are special everyday if you happen not to like corned beef. I usually start off the meal with a cup or if I'm really hungry, a bowl of matzoh ball soup...always a generous and hot piping bowl of soup...made daily. Next a totally stuffed sandwich made to order from the deli counter. Or maybe an order of cheese blintzes.

If there is room in my belly, I'll order a slice of NY cheese cake.

Oy...what a place!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waterford, Connecticut
“Friendly service, delicious and plentiful food, good for catering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had two visits to Jack's this holiday season. First we took my elderly in laws there for dinner. When we arrived at 5:00 there were lots of empty tables, but by the time we finished dinner the place was quite full of families. They seemed especially good at meeting the needs of the older population. I noticed the staff greeted several people by name.
The potato pancakes, corned beef, whitefish salad, and chicken schnitzel were favorites. We shared a slice of pumpkin cheesecake for dessert and it was tasty. The green salad was the only not so great thing-a huge bowl of iceberg lettuce with some chopped vegetables on top. Salad is not the reason to go to this deli! Stick to their specialties and you can't go wrong.

We also ordered a sandwich platter and vegetable tray from their catering department for a post-holiday family gathering. They were very professional in their service, the platters were lovely, and the price was reasonable.
This is an excellent, unpretentious and high quality place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albany, NY
“Very Good, A Real Local Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

An old fashioned Cleveland institution, featuring an extensive menu of good food. No atmosphere, except THAT is atmosphere in and of itself. I guess you could say that it features Jewish style deli ( but not kosher). My wife's brisket dinner was excellent as was my stuffed cabbage appetizer ; the matzo ball soup was a bit on the bland side but, then again, I am comparing it to my wife’s homemade version. I like this place-- locally owned, and you can tell the owners care about it very much. The servers were all very nice especially since we arrived 15 minutes before closing. Very reasonably priced and we saw some breakfast items which were absolute bargains.

Visited November 2013