“Friendly service, delicious and plentiful food, good for catering” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jack's Deli & Restaurant

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Kosher
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Waterford, Connecticut
“Friendly service, delicious and plentiful food, good for catering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had two visits to Jack's this holiday season. First we took my elderly in laws there for dinner. When we arrived at 5:00 there were lots of empty tables, but by the time we finished dinner the place was quite full of families. They seemed especially good at meeting the needs of the older population. I noticed the staff greeted several people by name.
The potato pancakes, corned beef, whitefish salad, and chicken schnitzel were favorites. We shared a slice of pumpkin cheesecake for dessert and it was tasty. The green salad was the only not so great thing-a huge bowl of iceberg lettuce with some chopped vegetables on top. Salad is not the reason to go to this deli! Stick to their specialties and you can't go wrong.

We also ordered a sandwich platter and vegetable tray from their catering department for a post-holiday family gathering. They were very professional in their service, the platters were lovely, and the price was reasonable.
This is an excellent, unpretentious and high quality place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Albany, NY
“Very Good, A Real Local Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

An old fashioned Cleveland institution, featuring an extensive menu of good food. No atmosphere, except THAT is atmosphere in and of itself. I guess you could say that it features Jewish style deli ( but not kosher). My wife's brisket dinner was excellent as was my stuffed cabbage appetizer ; the matzo ball soup was a bit on the bland side but, then again, I am comparing it to my wife’s homemade version. I like this place-- locally owned, and you can tell the owners care about it very much. The servers were all very nice especially since we arrived 15 minutes before closing. Very reasonably priced and we saw some breakfast items which were absolute bargains.

Visited November 2013
CLEVELAND,OH
“BEST Kosher-style Deli in CLEVELAND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The BEST deli in the eastern suburbs of Cleveland. Known for their Tuesday Corned Beef Day, THE BEST CORNED BEEF IN TOWN.. I prefer their Pastrami. However, you must try their home-made soups, out of this world. All sandwiches are piled high and come with either Potato Salad or Cole Slaw. Alvie and Gary are always on hand to greet everyone.
So if you get to University Heights, Ohio, make sure you stop in and have a great meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mentor, Ohio
“Best darn deli in Cleveland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was looking for a place to eat after visiting one of the local busnesses in the area, 'K's for Men'. Buddy told me, you have to try Jack's Deli - they make some of the best corn beef in town. Well, I did and after looking at the menu and trying their corn beef sandwich, he was RIGHT! In fact, I've visited and eaten their for the past week and have enjoyed each meal as if it were a home cooked meal. The food, ambiance, the people were all very nice and I'd recommend this restaurant to all my friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia USA
“Best Pastrami Outside New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were in the neighborhood at midday and asked about a place to eat. We were directed to Jack’s Deli. When we walked in, we were a little confused because we were in the take out line, but were soon pointed towards the large and pretty full restaurant. We both order pastrami sandwiches. The short of it is that my wife’s from New York and she says that she this place had the best pastrami she has had outside NY; I have spent a lot of time in NY and I agree with her. My only regret is that as many times as I have been to Cleveland, this is the first time I was at Jack’s. I do not know when I will be back to Cleveland, but I am sure that when I am I am headed for Jack’s.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere