“Old world charm and consistantly delicious food.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brunswick
“Old world charm and consistantly delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We've been frequenting this restaurant for many years and have always enjoyed delicious food at reasonable prices. We have never had to send food back for any reason and the wait staff is very accommodating. The atmosphere is very warm and cozy -- although the decor is a little dated. The baked goods sold at the front of the restaurant are always fresh and delicious.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Royalton, Ohio, United States
“Typical Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of Italian restaurants (I tend to like more "creative" kinds of food - not things I can make in my own kitchen,) but this lived up to my expectation of typical Italian restaurants, although this one is surprisingly large inside. The crowd is quite a bit on the older side. It seemed full on a Saturday night, but we didn't have to wait at all. (I can't remember, but I think someone in our group called ahead 15 minutes.) Decent service, although we had to wait awhile to even get our drinks, but I suppose that's understandable with the busy-ness.
Afterwards, we went downstairs to the lounge where a band was playing; that was great fun, although we were pointed out (in a fun way) for being the youngest ones by (I'm sure) more than 20 years... haha...

Visited January 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I love the atmosphere, the wait staff is friendly, the food is excellent, and you get a free cake with candle for spcial occasions. Although, the decor always strikes me as more German than Italian, at least in the fireplace room! Also, since people love to go there for parties, sometimes other tables can get a little bit too loud and boisterous. Then you wish they had their own private room.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mentor, Ohio
“Classic Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Because we moved it's been 30 years since we ate here. I'm glad we made the trip to visit again. The place hasn't changed much; still elegant, although it is a little weathered. Most importantly the food is still great. I won't wait another 30 years to visit.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
cleveland, oh
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Went there the other night. Don't order the antipasto. It says that it has capicola, proscuitto, and salami. It has ham and a little bit of salami. No capacola. Absolutely no proscuitto. You would think that at an Italian restuarant they would have good Italian food. Not so, when it comes to antipasto. The other diners seemed to enjoy the food. It has Olive Garden quality with a lot higher prices.

• Visited September 2012