“Disappointing happy hour” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ohio
“Disappointing happy hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I went for the first time to try out the happy hour. The experience was disappointing. The HH drinks were dull and the regular drink/wine menu was a bit pricey. We thought to salvage our disappointment with a few HH appetizers and were let down again. The same comments apply for both; the calamari and zucchini were frightfully small portions, void of any seasoning (a bit of salt would have saved them) and the accompanying sauces were more like bland mayonnaise. I would have gone less than a three but as we didn't stay for dinner, I felt it wouldn't have been fair. The bright spot was the barmaid; very friendly!

Visited August 2013

San Francisco, California
“Good place to eat in an up and coming area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Cleveland has been the butt of too many jokes. True it is one of the rust belt cities but there are a lot good things emerging. One of those is the Tremont district which has a great neighborhood feel and some interesting restaurants. One of those is Fat Cats. We went with good friends of ours and had a great time. Appetizers ranged from the Tater Tots filled with blue cheese and accompanied with Tomato Jam to the Crispy Fries with fennel salt, fried egg, and again, tomato jam. I had the BBQ ribs Korean style, others had Burgers or the Hanger Steak. All dishes were extremely well prepared and they had a great selection of local and other craft brews. The cocktails were imaginative and quite delicious - a dangerous combination. So next time in Cleveland, it is worth the drive.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, VA
“Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife was looking to take her aunt and cousin to a unique restaurant in this neighborhood as it was where her aunt grew up. The nostalgia of the neighborhood was spectacular as it has changed so much especially since the 70's when it was not a good place to be after dark. Now it is thriving and Fat Cats is certainly helping. With our reservation on August 1, a Thursday evening, we were seated right away in the back room. That was very nice and much quieter than in the bar area, although it wasn't too loud there. Our waitress was very nice and efficient helping with our questions about the unique dishes on the menu. The salmon was good as was the meatball pasta dish, which was a sizable portion. Much of it went home with us.
The place is small with little parking, but it doesn't appear to be a problem finding street parking quite close.
The uniqueness of the place itself and the area make it well worth a visit. The food was good but the beer selection was pretty limited. Overall a good experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
United States
“You better not linger or else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went with another couple on valentines day, not realizing what day it was. We did have reservations however. Service was rushed, which I somewhat understand considering how behind they were on the reservations, but it was frustrating. Food was average at best, similar to The Olive Garden. For an end of the meal cocktail my hubby ordered a double Kettle One. He took a sip then excused himself to the restroom, meanwhile the server cleared the table as well as my hubby's drink. I informed her when she began clearing not to take his drink, he just stepped away for a moment, she dumped it into my soda glass and continued to clear. When I finally got her attention and requested a replacement, she walked away without a response. The manager approached the table and the three of us, minus my hubby, explained what took place and how it should be resolved, he handed me our bill and told us to have a good evening. WOW! We did have a much better time after leaving. Hope food and service have improved.

Visited February 2013
“Very delicious and very friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Ended up here by accident but will be back if I make it back to Cleveland! I had the Calamari and Alaskan Halibut and both were amazing!

• Visited June 2013