“Trendy, cute and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Nottingham, Maryland
“Trendy, cute and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Very nice hotel on the edge of everything! Staff was super friendly and very helpful! We walked to explore the city (nothing is too far away), but public transit is really accessible. We had a blast and would recommend to friends!! Cleveland rocks!!

Stayed July 2014
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you very much for the great review. There is a lot of great things going on in our city and we enjoy when our guests get to experience it too. We look forward to having you back!

Bill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We spent the night here because it was located close to the Warehouse District and that was our big interest for the night. My husband had read a lot of good things about the area and wanted to experience it but also wanted to walk because we would be drinking. Our hotel was PERFECT! The room was very clean, nicely decorated, the staff at the desk was very friendly and helpful. There are so many choices of places to eat and drink I couldn't name them all if I tried. We had a nice view of the water from our room. We tried to add a night on but they were totally booked, so if you are planning a stay I HIGHLY recommend you schedule your trip accordingly.
My only complaint- parking. It is very confusing, there is no lot that you can see when you are coming down the road and they really don't make a whole lot of sense at the valet explaining parking to you, I had no idea valet would be there so we were totally unprepared for the unloading, it was a very long drive for us and I sincerely wish I had known this before hand. The cost for them to park it for you is $20, plus the $5 tip I gave him before and the $5 tip at pick up, kinda pricey I think with no real options. But that is my single complaint.
Look forward to visiting Cleveland again, most definitely will stay there again!

Room Tip: choose a high floor overlooking water, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your great review. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I just wanted to say this hotel is everything it's cracked up to be! Trendy, Modern, Clean, Spacious, the staff was very friendly and the two Justins' that run the bar pour a mean drink! Having the opportunity to sit and chat with the manager Bill was also amazing and provided some insight into the type of vision they had for Aloft. I will say....if you are a light sleeper (I'm not) request a city view room because the Rapid transit might keep you awake as it passes by. Anyone used to life in a big city will not have a problem with this. I also tried out the restaurant called Lago on the main floor of the hotel and the food was amazing! I had the Polenta Bolognese with wild boar (first time for wild boar) and I loved it! I would suggest totally checking this place out both the hotel and the restaurant are great and if I find myself in Cleveland again I will definitely stay there! By the way if you are a sports fan the hotel is walking distance to Progressive Field (15-20 mins) and I could see the stadium where the Browns play from my window!

Room Tip: Light Sleepers choose city view rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the great review from your recent visit. It was a pleasure meeting you as well and I'll let the Justins know that you appreciated their service. We look forward to the next time you visit Cleveland and feel free to contact me if I can assist in the arrangements.

Thanks again,
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Progressive Field, Rock Hall of Fame, Browns Stadium, Quicken Loans Arena, Horseshoe Casino, Science Museum, numerous bars/restaurants all within a mile or so. Never had to take the car out from the valet. The room was excellent - very modern and clean.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the great review of our property. Our location will only continue to improve as the rest of the Flats East Bank is completed. We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you again for your business.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Easy overnight heading cross-country. Rooms are comfortable if not exactly spacious. Excellent bed and design-y bathroom. FANTASTIC gym and cool lobby make for a nice change of pace. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Free stay for pets, too!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor for good lake/river views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review of our property. We appreciate your business and enjoy seeing your kind remarks. Feel free to contact me directly if you're heading back across county again.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Family and friends stayed overnight for the July 4th fireworks, it was one of the best 4th's yet !! We enjoy our rooms, very Euro-style,even somewhat retro like 70's-ish. We are impressed with Cleveland's downtown improvements, lots of great spots to eat !! Stopped for snacks at Constantino's groceries on W. 9th, ate and drank at the reasonably priced Gillespies Map Room.
At Aloft we had 1 Queen dbl, and 1 King. both very comfortable, coffee maker, great soap, refrigerator. Views of the river, lake and courtyard was great. Bar wxyz, nice place good drinks, they played some R&B, perfect for us. Paid for the valet parking $25.00 I believe. Lago the restaurant attached had a 4th of July party...really fun and perfect for watching the fireworks !
Nice new hi-tech exercise room, only missing a pool. A++++++++++++++

Room Tip: If you want high it only has 6 floors. we had water views as requested
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great review. We enjoy when our guests appreciate our property like we do. We look forward to having you back and we appreciate your business.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

These are fun little properties. Hip, trendy and nice locations. The rooms are bit NYC-loft ish, but that's the point. Not your traditional hotel room, and fun in that regard.

Note, you don't get a bath tub. So if you want one, seek it elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate when our guests enjoy our property and its unique decor and layout. We look forward to seeing you back again.

Thanks again,
Bill

Been to Aloft Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!