“Fun on 4th of July 2014” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Ohio
“Fun on 4th of July 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Family and friends stayed overnight for the July 4th fireworks, it was one of the best 4th's yet !! We enjoy our rooms, very Euro-style,even somewhat retro like 70's-ish. We are impressed with Cleveland's downtown improvements, lots of great spots to eat !! Stopped for snacks at Constantino's groceries on W. 9th, ate and drank at the reasonably priced Gillespies Map Room.
At Aloft we had 1 Queen dbl, and 1 King. both very comfortable, coffee maker, great soap, refrigerator. Views of the river, lake and courtyard was great. Bar wxyz, nice place good drinks, they played some R&B, perfect for us. Paid for the valet parking $25.00 I believe. Lago the restaurant attached had a 4th of July party...really fun and perfect for watching the fireworks !
Nice new hi-tech exercise room, only missing a pool. A++++++++++++++

Room Tip: If you want high it only has 6 floors. we had water views as requested
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your great review. We enjoy when our guests appreciate our property like we do. We look forward to having you back and we appreciate your business.

Regards,

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

These are fun little properties. Hip, trendy and nice locations. The rooms are bit NYC-loft ish, but that's the point. Not your traditional hotel room, and fun in that regard.

Note, you don't get a bath tub. So if you want one, seek it elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate when our guests enjoy our property and its unique decor and layout. We look forward to seeing you back again.

Thanks again,
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed 1 night here, we found it catered more to the younger crowd. The location at first glance seems a little sketchy, near the tracks and off the beaten track but after walking around it is pretty close to a number of outside bars and restaurants. The rooms are modern and clean, as is the hotel, staff were friendly and helpful. The biggest knock is the parking - you must use valet ($20 night) or try to find parking elsewhere (not that easy in downtown Cleveland). Overall a decent place for a few nights.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon! I did want to mention that we do have 2 self parking options for our hotel guests and I am sorry that you were not informed of these. Thank you again.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at this property. While on the edge of downtown, it is perfect for where I have to work. I love the Aloft brand and the design of their hotels. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. I am sure I will be back....So I feel a little guilty pointing out a couple small challenges I had on this last stay. Two small things were the lack of wash cloths (face cloths) in the bathroom and the fact that the coffee maker still had the left over coffee pod from a previous guest...which made me decide not to make coffee.
I travel all the time and stay in hotels often. This hotel, for the value is one of the better ones. Since they are still a new hotel, I hope that they keep an eye on the details to be on top of their game.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask to be on the side of the building away from the railroad tracks. I...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. I appreciate you bringing the challenges to our attention and we will use the information to improve.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Aloft is just a bit out of the way in the downtown area, but easy to navigate to and from. Rooms were nice and the staff was friendly. Bar was good and very active on the weekend. My driver told me that it was quite popular with the local ladies. Public transportation was not too far off.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Continue to check up on us as we complete the Flats East Bank redevelopment.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel was very modern, the room was very nice and the staff was especially cordial. The room was very very clean. The valets were attentive and wished me good luck on my interview and asked how it went when we returned to the hotel.
The restaurant downstairs has a great menu.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2014

Bill Reed
South Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed for one night in late April 2014. The hotel was convenient to my downtown meeting and met my needs very well. The breakfast through the window concept was new, but very easy to manage. The bar was nice, although I was too tired make it back for a drink after dinner. It looked like there was a bachelorette party getting setup, so I suspect it was lively. Being connected to Ken Stewart's is a big bonus. Dinner with a colleague was great and we didn't have to go anywhere. There are other restaurants in the area, but Ken's is a favorite from the old days, when I used to go to Akron a lot. In general, the hotel will serve as an anchor for a section of Cleveland that is getting a much needed face lift. It can be hard to find using GPS, and the street configuration could be more helpful as well. Venturing out can be a challenge on foot, as it is at the bottom of a hill and everything you want to get to is uphill. I considered walking to my meeting, but the nice gentleman at the front desk pointed out that it was raining so I nixed that plan. Valet parking was very efficient and made sense given the price to self park. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Cleveland.

Room Tip: If you haven't been to Ken Stewart's, go.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. We enjoy when our guests appreciate our property like we do. Thanks again!

Bill Reed

Been to Aloft Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!