“Great place; great people” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Great place; great people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel was very modern, the room was very nice and the staff was especially cordial. The room was very very clean. The valets were attentive and wished me good luck on my interview and asked how it went when we returned to the hotel.
The restaurant downstairs has a great menu.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2014

Bill Reed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
South Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed for one night in late April 2014. The hotel was convenient to my downtown meeting and met my needs very well. The breakfast through the window concept was new, but very easy to manage. The bar was nice, although I was too tired make it back for a drink after dinner. It looked like there was a bachelorette party getting setup, so I suspect it was lively. Being connected to Ken Stewart's is a big bonus. Dinner with a colleague was great and we didn't have to go anywhere. There are other restaurants in the area, but Ken's is a favorite from the old days, when I used to go to Akron a lot. In general, the hotel will serve as an anchor for a section of Cleveland that is getting a much needed face lift. It can be hard to find using GPS, and the street configuration could be more helpful as well. Venturing out can be a challenge on foot, as it is at the bottom of a hill and everything you want to get to is uphill. I considered walking to my meeting, but the nice gentleman at the front desk pointed out that it was raining so I nixed that plan. Valet parking was very efficient and made sense given the price to self park. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Cleveland.

Room Tip: If you haven't been to Ken Stewart's, go.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. We enjoy when our guests appreciate our property like we do. Thanks again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We spent two nights on the Memorial Day weekend for a family wedding. The view of Lake Erie was pretty from our 6th floor room. The room was very nice and clean. Beds were very
comfortable. The only thing I didn't care for was that
there wasn't a complimentary breakfast included. The food in the kitchen/snack area downstairs was expensive. There wasn't even a restaurant close by that served breakfast. But besides that, we really enjoyed our stay at the Aloft Cleveland.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. For future stays, please contact us directly to see the breakfast package rates we offer.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed one night at the Aloft. The hotel was easy to find and the valet was quick and efficient. It is a new hotel and stays close to the Aloft Concept. The room was very comfortable, and large. There is a cafe in the office building attached which has lower priced food than the breakfast spot in the hotel.

It was quick to walk to downtown, and we felt safe the whole way. There are many shops and small restaurants in the area. It is close to all sports fields, and the R&R hall of fame.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your future visits. Our location is definitely and asset and will only improve as the future development is concluded.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Friendly staff, very modern upscale hotel. Would have preferred more breakfast options but that's okay. Drinks pricey but it is an upscale hotel so it definitely didn't surprise me. Will definitely stay again and I highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visits.

Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was my first stay at an Aloft brand hotel. Seemed to be styled in a European fashion, which is fine though the floorspace seems somewhat reduced. This hotel is new, and it seemed to be well maintained and the staff responded to my needs quickly and pleasantly. I would stay here again if the price and timing were right, but let me tell you a few things I observed that might influence your choice.
Trains - there is a light rail line on the "lake" side of the building. A positive to this is that there is a trolley stop across the street form the hotel, which I believe means you can get to the airport and other spots quite easily. However when trains approach this stop a barrier gate closes and bells ring. I was on the 5th floor and during the day this sound was fairly frequent and noticeable. It never bothered my sleep. There is also a freight line on the north side of the building. These trains are less frequent but still come by many times per day. If they happen to sound their horns it is noticeable. If you are a light sleeper, asking for a city view room would be my suggestion.
The window shades are the best I have ever used in a hotel room. They block light. The shades are in a track and are opened and closed via a chain. When closed, they block out virtually all light and quite a bit of noise, too. I suspect that these shades, combined with the sound of the A/C fan, blocked out much of the outside noise.
The room had a built-in padded bench/couch between two desks. Unfortunately there was no lighting, so if you wanted to sit and read there it was tough. There was a decent desk area and chair in front of one window, so that was well lit.
The bath area had some issues. First, the walk in, glass enclosed shower had nice hot water and very good pressure, plus an industrial strength exhaust fan. No steam build up on the glass. It would be nice if there was a towel hook on the wall outside the door (well, there was a hook but you could not get to it unless you left the shower - not much point to that). The toilet and shower were separated from the sink by a pocket type door, but the sink was right by the room door. If you are standing at the sink when that door opens you are exposed to the world. Not that I am that modest but I know my wife would not be crazy about it. Also it took at least 2 or 3 minutes before hot water would show up at the sink (the shower was almost immediate). If the Aloft manager is reading this, room 507.
Opposite the sink was a small closet and the coffee service and a safe. The closet was not deep, so clothes must be hung "facing you" on a series of hooks in a ladder like configuration. If you tend to hang up a lot of clothes when you travel, it may be tight. As I noted before, the room seemed to have a reduced footprint, which is OK - Americans are too wasteful as it is, and the loss of floor space was revealed in the smaller closet.
The hotel lobby is an open design, with a circular desk for check-in and a small food and drink convenience area to the right. There is also a pool table and chairs and benches for people to hang out. The problem here was noise - when I arrived there were a number of people hanging out and it made it difficult to communicate with the desk clerk.
Food wise there are at least 2 restaurants immediately adjacent and many more within a few blocks. For healthy adults, much of the downtown is within walking distance.
Overall, I liked the hotel and would give it another shot. Just be aware that this chain might be different than what you are used to.

Room Tip: City side for less noise
Green Features: They offer 250 points if you forgo maid service - too bad I missed the door hanger to make this happen. That is a great policy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review of our property. You make some great points regarding your stay and for any return visits, I would be happy to make accommodations on the "City View" side of the hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

What can I say... ALOFT never disapoints. I'm an avid ALOFT loyalist and nothing makes me happier than when I travel on business and check in to a hotel I know what to expect from. They deliver. The hotel is situated on the edge of town so it seems isolated, but I see amazing potential. The choice of restaurants at ground level of hotel is fantastic. I enjoyed my stay very much. Friendly staff. Good vibes. I will most certainly stay again. Just one complain... ALOFT hotels seem to be going up in price!!! Makes me sad as my company keeps me on a strict travel budget. Highly recommend!!

Green Features: I wasn't aware of any practices except for the Go Green program.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We enjoy when people appreciate the uniqueness of our property and brand and look forward to return visits in the future.

Bill

Been to Aloft Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!