“Not bad for price and location, but will look at other hotels next time.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Cleveland Downtown

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 32 hotels in Cleveland
Swanton, Ohio
“Not bad for price and location, but will look at other hotels next time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel looks very modern and room was clean. Check in was easy, but the valet service is a joke. You pay 20$ For onsite parking, but right on the ticket it says that they are not responsible for anything that happens to your vehicle and that it isn't even parked onsite... When we called for my jeep in the morning they bright it to the front but never let it warm up( it has an auto-start) anyway we went to have a drink in the wxyz bar, just off the lobby, it looked nice and drinks prices were about par(about 12 for a flavored martini, and 7 for their seasonal draft beer) but the staff was pretty condescending when my friend asked for a sex on the beach, it's what she likes and what she orders at home. The male bartender told her that he wouldn't make that and that it wasn't that kind of bar... Uhh excuse me but it's a full bar, instead he made her a 12$ Drink and went on to say she would like that better. We had two drinks and left. What we did notice is that there were a lot of people who were not hotel guests at the bar, and that there were quite a few cleveland police officers walking around. Check out was good, and we got breakfast sandwiches, 2 waters and a coffee (22$)before we headed out. We were not overly impressed but it wasn't a bad experience, but it's not enough to make me want to come back. I will try another hotel next trip.

• Stayed February 2014

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Aloft hotel is a cute, boutique style hotel with a few pros and cons.
Pros: The hotel lobby and room decor is "mod" and very trendy. The bathroom and bedding were clean. The Italian restaurant on the bottom floor was great. The view from the 5th floor was interesting. The hotel staff was accommodating.
Cons: There are no rooms with a tub so stay here only if you like showers and a cold blast of air as you exit the shower. It was hard to regulate the temperature in the room we received and given it was January and 8 degrees outside, this was an inconvenience. In addition, there was a "Welcome" letter from the hotel on the desk that was addressed to a previous guest which made you pause and think about the thoroughness of the cleaning process. The room was more European in space - meaning fairly small/compact. There is no robe provided and the linens were of mediocre quality.

Room Tip: Shower only hotel - no rooms with bathtubs. The train noise is an issue regardless of room selectio...
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The hotel was nice and new. It is very clean and is in a great location to all the fun spots in Cleveland. Not to mention the fitness club is out of this world. Never stayed in a hotel that has such a great amenities. Yoga is included, truly awesome.

Room Tip: Want a cool view request the north west corner rooms, view the lake and the river
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are fortunate to have a state of the art, 17,000 sq. ft. fitness club for our guests, with work-out classes included. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Not the usual Aloft experience I know of.... it is a fairly new hotel/development.... friendly front desk staff.... great view.... but.... noisy --- the trains and the heavy winds.... the walls are thin.... the suites are not as spacious and their king size bed was like a full size bed.... not much of an option for room service....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback from your recent visit with us at the Aloft Cleveland downtown. While we are glad to hear that you felt our staff was friendly and courteous, we have an opportunity to improve. I understand your comments regarding the train noise and we do have city view rooms on the opposite side of the building from the train which eliminates the noise issue and provides a better experience for those who prefer. This should have been communicated at check-in and I apologize for that. I understand that you have many options when traveling and if your travels bring you back to the downtown Cleveland area, please contact me and I will do my very best to ensure a visit that you should expect from an Aloft Hotel.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a very cool hotel. The location is terrific and I can't say enough about the staff. The rooms are on the small side, but you don't feel cramped. The shower is awesome and the bed is amazingly comfortable. They even provided a bed, water dish and welcome bag of treats for our dog. We will be back here the next time we go to Cleveland.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you (and your dog) enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visit and will do our best to continue to provide the service you should expect from an Aloft Hotel.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I thought the staff and accomadations at the Aloft in downtown cleveland were top notch. after spending dinner at one of many restaurants in the area...my associate and i stopped by to use the computer stations in the lobby and when i reached into my bag my wallet must have fallen out. So i went to sleep in the spectacular room and awoke with the sickening feeling that someone had my wallet. as i was walking up to the check out desk i was created by the staff that knew my name and i found it strange because none of them were there when i checked in. There was my wallet...safe and sound with all its belongings.

A+++ to Karolina, Brian and Rachel for making my night and day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and compliments of our staff. I have personally brought your comments to Karolina, Brian and Rachel's attention. We are glad your wallet was found and we were able to return it to you. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you next time your travels bring you back to the downtown Cleveland area.
Twinsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

What great retreat ! Location is excellent I had my eyes on this place ever since it opened. We like to go to a place across the river for some nightlife and views of the river and lakefront, you can see the A-loft from the docks and it looks really cool. We had a tough week at work and I decided we need a one night getaway, I called my wife and said "pack your bags when you get home we are going away for the night ! We go downtown often and have stayed several places, but this will be our new home. Like others have stated sleek modern and almost a urban feel and vibe throughout the building. We got a 2 queen beds room and it was a corner unit, All the windows that looked over the river and the lake was awesome ! My wife really knew nothing about this place and she was incredibly pleased. It has a contemporary look with no heavy or gaudy furnishings or furniture and spacious. The modern sink, and glass shower area, 42" flat screen TV on the wall they really have taken a hotel room to new places, it felt like a modern apartment with great views, Being on this end of the Hotel you do hear the busy trains ( and can see them) but hey what would you expect based on this urban/Industrial location, it was not where you could not sleep or anything ( we actually liked it), beds were very comfortable. The next best part of our stay was the staff, ALL EXCELLENT friendly eager to please and fun. We came back after a dinner up the street in the warehouse district and partied with the others in the very cool bar. DJ was on tap and they poured some really good drinks. I especially would mention if I am allowed Kristin,Rachael,Jessie ( the bartender) made our stay great. Complimentary coffee in the lobby was good and the breakfast items for purchase were reasonable oops I forgot we did not use the fitness facilities so we could not comment on those..We will be back this summer when the weather is warmer and we could be outside.

Room Tip: for larger space and the views get a corner unit facing the lake, rooms on the east side I think fac...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!