“Aloft CLE” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Aloft CLE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Not the usual Aloft experience I know of.... it is a fairly new hotel/development.... friendly front desk staff.... great view.... but.... noisy --- the trains and the heavy winds.... the walls are thin.... the suites are not as spacious and their king size bed was like a full size bed.... not much of an option for room service....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback from your recent visit with us at the Aloft Cleveland downtown. While we are glad to hear that you felt our staff was friendly and courteous, we have an opportunity to improve. I understand your comments regarding the train noise and we do have city view rooms on the opposite side of the building from the train which eliminates the noise issue and provides a better experience for those who prefer. This should have been communicated at check-in and I apologize for that. I understand that you have many options when traveling and if your travels bring you back to the downtown Cleveland area, please contact me and I will do my very best to ensure a visit that you should expect from an Aloft Hotel.

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a very cool hotel. The location is terrific and I can't say enough about the staff. The rooms are on the small side, but you don't feel cramped. The shower is awesome and the bed is amazingly comfortable. They even provided a bed, water dish and welcome bag of treats for our dog. We will be back here the next time we go to Cleveland.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you (and your dog) enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visit and will do our best to continue to provide the service you should expect from an Aloft Hotel.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I thought the staff and accomadations at the Aloft in downtown cleveland were top notch. after spending dinner at one of many restaurants in the area...my associate and i stopped by to use the computer stations in the lobby and when i reached into my bag my wallet must have fallen out. So i went to sleep in the spectacular room and awoke with the sickening feeling that someone had my wallet. as i was walking up to the check out desk i was created by the staff that knew my name and i found it strange because none of them were there when i checked in. There was my wallet...safe and sound with all its belongings.

A+++ to Karolina, Brian and Rachel for making my night and day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and compliments of our staff. I have personally brought your comments to Karolina, Brian and Rachel's attention. We are glad your wallet was found and we were able to return it to you. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you next time your travels bring you back to the downtown Cleveland area.
Twinsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

What great retreat ! Location is excellent I had my eyes on this place ever since it opened. We like to go to a place across the river for some nightlife and views of the river and lakefront, you can see the A-loft from the docks and it looks really cool. We had a tough week at work and I decided we need a one night getaway, I called my wife and said "pack your bags when you get home we are going away for the night ! We go downtown often and have stayed several places, but this will be our new home. Like others have stated sleek modern and almost a urban feel and vibe throughout the building. We got a 2 queen beds room and it was a corner unit, All the windows that looked over the river and the lake was awesome ! My wife really knew nothing about this place and she was incredibly pleased. It has a contemporary look with no heavy or gaudy furnishings or furniture and spacious. The modern sink, and glass shower area, 42" flat screen TV on the wall they really have taken a hotel room to new places, it felt like a modern apartment with great views, Being on this end of the Hotel you do hear the busy trains ( and can see them) but hey what would you expect based on this urban/Industrial location, it was not where you could not sleep or anything ( we actually liked it), beds were very comfortable. The next best part of our stay was the staff, ALL EXCELLENT friendly eager to please and fun. We came back after a dinner up the street in the warehouse district and partied with the others in the very cool bar. DJ was on tap and they poured some really good drinks. I especially would mention if I am allowed Kristin,Rachael,Jessie ( the bartender) made our stay great. Complimentary coffee in the lobby was good and the breakfast items for purchase were reasonable oops I forgot we did not use the fitness facilities so we could not comment on those..We will be back this summer when the weather is warmer and we could be outside.

Room Tip: for larger space and the views get a corner unit facing the lake, rooms on the east side I think fac...
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I booked a room here last min due to a cancelled flight on my way back to Boston. The hotel is in a decent area providing walkable (although I don't mind long walks) access to some nice bars and restaurants.

The staff was very attentive, friendly and accommodated my late checkout without pause.

My room was clean and comfortable, although I did face a parking garage which was noisy during the morning commuting hours. I would definitely not hesitate to stay here again, this is probably my new go-to downtown Cleveland hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at the Aloft in Cleveland over the Christmas break for a few days. It was a good stay and the staff was personable and attentive. We liked the property and got to wander around some and had a great time.

Our trip was a romantic get away and I felt that we got great value for our money staying at the Aloft. The area the hotel is in is a bit industrial and there aren't a ton of cheap restaurants right by the hotel. The sandwiches they had stocked at the front desk were reasonably priced and were tasty.

We used the valet frequently. There was a disconnect as at no time when I called down to get the car ready did the message get passed down to the valet and we always had to wait. Not a big deal but the communication could be improved.

The gym there is good. They had new machines and dumbbells which was pretty awesome.

Train noise was noticeable but wasn't too much to keep me up at night and it was really cool getting to see the barges and trains going by.

I would definitely stay at the Aloft in Cleveland again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Sleek and modern hotel, from lobby to rooms. VERY friendly and competent staff, including valet. Great location in the city, and right across the street from an RTA stop. Short walk to many places, including restaurants, clubs, and the casino (admittedly not fun in the cold). If you're a light sleeper, bring ear plugs, as the hotel is near train lines and the river (boat traffic). Also, don't be surprised if you feel your room shaking a bit when trains go by- a little unnerving the first time until you figure out what it is. And don't forget to flash your AAA card and get 10% off!

Room Tip: Ask for a river-side room- great view night and day!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!