“Fantastic experience for myself and guests” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fantastic experience for myself and guests”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had 6 VIP's come to town and I put them up in the aloft hotel in downtown Cleveland. Running events, there were a lot of last minute things from my end and the staff could not have handled everything better. Fantastic attitude and beautiful space. They receive my highest rating!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was my first stay at Aloft and I dug it, from the clean, modern feel to the smart use of all the available space in the room. Yes, there is noise from the nearby train and the Port of Cleveland, but they leave ear plugs on the nightstand. I didn't use them and slept just fine but lighter sleepers may take issue. In-room dining is provided by Lago restaurant and was above and beyond your typical room service fare. The staff was polite, but they could have been more hospitable (Hospitality rule #1: No personal cell phone use behind the front desk, ladies!).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Overall great hotel with the same aloft rooms at every aloft in the country. The wxyz bar area is very modern and sleek with an awesome atmospheric vibe being based off of the W Hotel chain. The workout room is VERY small and parking is valet only for $20 a night. Other than that, it's in a great location and brand new building!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I checked in for 2 nights on business the other day. Finding the place is a challenge, due to the signage getting onto Main and the 2.

Although there are 4 different parking options (2 lots, 1 garage and valet) there is no signage making it clear to guests. I asked them to put some up. It wasn't super-cool when I pulled up at 1230am and was told I'd need to valet. When i questioned the valet and asked him if he worked at the hotel, he said "Uh, no." After a number of requests, I was able to get the $6 nightly parking charge (totally reasonable) put on my room.

Concierge was helpful at times, and unsteady at others. I had to ask twice for coffee (I skipped housekeeping on my first night), and they were unable to help me get a haircut at 6pm, directing me to a barbershop that had gone out of business.

Facility is just fine, but staff needs to be trained, as this Aloft lacks the polish of any of the other Alofts I've stayed at (PHX, LA, etc.). I'll come back, but they need to get this to the level of other Starwood properties. Noisy also due to river boats and such. They provide ear plugs.

Bonus: Very late night room service from Lago, next-door. A real plus when you fly in from the West Coast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Greetings, and thank you for choosing to stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I will address your concerns with the parking situation with our valet company and make sure there is proper communication going forward between them and all of our guests. I am also sharing your comments about the coffee and your haircut request with our front desk team in order to stress the importance of being knowledgeable about the surounding area as well as inside the hotel. We hope you give us another opportunity to take care of your accommodation needs when you return to the Cleveland area. Thank you again for the feedback, as we will utilize it to make improvements to our service operations. Happy holidays!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Like one of the other reviewers stated, I too was a little concerned after I booked a room at this hotel. Some of the reviews were rather negative, mostly concerning the room decor and noise from a nearby railroad track. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel is. The lobby is rather sleek and modern. I was greeted by the front desk and quickly checked in.

The room was very modern, with everything that one would need. Since it is a new hotel, the room had everything that one would need. Flat screen TV, fridge, safe, WiFi, wired internet and USB charging station. The bed was very comfortable and my wife and I both had a great nights sleep. The blinds were total blackout, so one is able to sleep in with no problem. We never heard a train the entire time we were in the room. The only negative about the room was our view. We were on the second floor, East side and our view was the roof and courtyard between the buildings. That didn't much matter to us because we weren't there to stay in the room the entire time. We also figured that since we were in an urban area, not every room is going to have an awesome view.

The location was ideal for going to the stadium. Across the street, there is the local light rail system that drops you off at the door of the stadium. If you head the other direction, it takes you to the Hard Rock and the Quicken Loans Arena. The one downfall is that there isn't a cab stand at the door, but the front desk will gladly call one for you. We got our cab within minutes of the call.

The next time I am in Cleveland, I will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a better view, ask to be on the West side of the hotel. That side overlooks the river.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hello, and thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown this past weekend. Many of our guests enjoy our location and the ease of getting around to the local attractions and entertainment venues in the city. The RTA line is very convenient to get to the stadium and a nice option for our guests who may not be familiar with the area. I will share your other comments with the team and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We will see you the next time around. We hope you have a safe and happy holiday season!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

So, I was reading the reviews for this hotel prior to our stay and was surprised to see the amount of so-so to negative reviews. Especially since this is a newer hotel.

So- we stayed here for the night recently as we were celebrating a friends birthday. Although we live around 40 minutes away, we thought it would be fun to get a room and enjoy the evening. I made reservations online and we checked in around 5:30. Check in was a breeze and the people working the front desk were extremely warm and friendly. Now, off to our room to drop our things so we can meet friends at 6 for dinner at Lago.

We entered the room and loved it. It's very modern. Minimalist with clean lines. I know there were some complaints about the restroom/shower but we personally had no problems or issues. You enter the room and to the left was a sink and then just past that a toilet and shower. There is a sliding door to separate. Maybe people didn't notice the sliding door. If that were the case then I could understand bring bothered by the lack of privacy

On to the rest of the room. There is a small refrigerator and 2 complimentary bottles of water. A flat screen, wall mounted TV in front of the bed and the bed. Basically the room looked exactly as depicted in the pics online. The room was extremely clean and the bed was oh so comfortable! Off to dinner at lago, the hotel restaurant.

Without going into a lot of detail, our meal was excellent, as was the service. I found the prices to be on par with other restaurants of its calibur. Drinks from the bar were good as well. After dinner, we left and went to WXYZ for more drinks. The WXYZ martini was quite good. The music was good as well. There is also a pool table that is free of charge and we played a few games. There is a patio/ deck area out front that would be enjoyable in warmer weather. Check out the next morning was great. No problems with the bill upon check out either. Valet/ overnight hotel parking was $20. I believe there is nearby self parking that is cheaper. I personally feel that the $20 to park is fair. Especially since in cities like New York you would be paying $50-70 a night!

As for the location, there isn't much within walking distance other than a few restaurants. This hotel is built in the flats. Right now efforts are being made to restore this area and phase one is complete. Although there is not much going on within walking distance, a very short cab ride away gives you plenty of options. You have the Casino, Playhouse Square, Quicken Loans Arena, Browns Stadium, rock n Roll hall of fame, as well as west 6th area for bar hopping. We would definitely return to this hotel in the future! Thanks Aloft for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Aloft. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm happy to share your comments with our team here as you had a great experience across the board! I will also share your input with Lago, as we are happy you enjoyed your meal with them. We are all excited for the future phases of the development to commence, and feel confident that it will bring more people down to the Flats area to enjoy themselves. We hope you will return soon. Happy holidays!
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed over on a Saturday night and all I can say is Wow! From check in to check out it was all first class. Rooms where very clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend the bar and lounge. Fantastic drinks and the service was topnotch. So close to everything is was an inexpensive cab ride to where ever we wanted to go. I will be back soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and had a good time in Wxyz. I will be happy to share your comments with our team as they pride themselves on giving quality guest service. We hope you will join us again sonn!

Been to Aloft Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!