“Upscale and trendy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Worthington, Ohio
“Upscale and trendy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Aloft on a Saturday night, and just loved it. The hotel just opened in June, so all furnishings and surfaces were fresh and gleaming. Aloft makes great use of the space, with the bathroom located on the flipside of the bedroom. If you like minimalist decor, this is the place for you. Ultra modern bathroom and shower with nice touches. We did not have a lakefront room, instead we overlooked the city (5th floor). I would recommend having a drink in the bar, and spend some time on the adjacent balcony. It does overlook the RTA tracks, but the view is interesting as you can watch sailboats manuever through a liftbridge as they pass through into Lake Erie. The reservations desk was continually busy, but staff were efficient and friendly. Our package included a free breakfast that was again, minimal, but very good. The breakfast bar is loaded with healthy options, and includes a dozen hot choices made-to-order. Alofts is not far from many good restaurant options downtown with a few interesting looking places adjacent to the property. We are looking forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: We were at the end of the hall on the fifth floor facing a city courtyard; no problem with noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Several of our guests have mentioned that they enjoyed our location and the Wxyz Lounge, including the view overlooking the river and lake. It's quite the popular spot, especially at sunset. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room is basic, a comfy bed
And adequate bathroom. Not enough towels. Ear plugs are waiting on the bed, should have been a clue to noises to follow, rapid transit and freight trains. Clean , so we were okay

• Stayed September 2013
Hello, and thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with our team in order to better enhance the guest experience for everyone. Our proximity to the waterfront is enjoyed by many of our guests but can present a challenge at times with the location of the train tracks and shipping lanes through the Flats East area. We hope you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you return should your travels bring you back to our area.
Valley Forge, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

New, clean, modern. The location is wonderful. The staff were very accommodating. Valet parking very easy and efficient. I was there days after it opened so there were a few hiccups, keys not working, staff not sure about room service, etc. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
We were happy to hear you were one of the first guests to stay with us. Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Yes, our team has been working hard to iron out the wrinkles that can be associated with opening a brand new hotel. The key system works fine and our room service program is up and running. We hope you'll come back soon to experience our hospitality and enjoy the greater Cleveland area!
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Excellent new hotel in emerging area next to river. Great minamalist vibe as all Aloft's provide with cool bar area. Hotel is surrounded with some great restaurant codices conveniently located just downstairs.

Friendly staff, clean room and good parking. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Aloft Cleveland Downtown! I will be sure to share your comments about our friendly staff, clean rooms, and cool bar area with our team. We appreciate your feedback and will see you the next time you come to Cleveland.
Lutherville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

For the price nor a bad value. Very basic but lacks drawers, closet doors (has curtain), and even extra towels. Hotel has no room service, but does provide free wi-fi. Near several bars so tends to be noisy at night.

• Stayed August 2013
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your review of the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. My apologies that you didn't have an excellent experience with us. I am sharing your feedback with our team so we may address the issues you mentioned and look for ways to improve our service levels. I did want to mention that we do offer room service and there should have been a room service menu in your room. We hope you will give us an opportunity to accommodate you should your travel plans call for you to be in downtown Cleveland again. Thank you!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This property is in a good spot on the East Bank of the Flats where in a couple years, a lot more development is expected. Still, for now, its nice with access to some new restaurants and relatively easy to get to the rest of downtown. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean. Some of the furnishings are beat up already, and some of the construction was a bit shoddy like the bathroom door will hit the sink (loudly) if you are not overly careful. Still, I got over that. I was lucky enough to only be by the light rail tracks and not the freight trains so I cannot comment on that. However you will hear outside noise. I am a light sleeper, but I had little issue with a solid sleep, so it is definitely possible. The lounge was nice for some drinks as well. Walls are thin, you will hear the outside bar and neighboring rooms, including me hearing people still partying at 4 am... but it was a muffled sound and i went right back to sleep. Overall, give this place a try, I certainly enjoyed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the new Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also excited about the future development of the Flats East Bank and about our location in proximity to many of Cleveland's attractions and dining options. We hope to see you again soon!
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a new hotel, open about ten weeks when I arrived in August 2013. The illuminated sign at the top of the building says "aloft, a vision of the W hotels". My last hotel review in April was the W in San Francisco. Now I must say, the similarities are the minimalist design and the focus on the under forty travelers. I didn't like the W, I liked aloft. The big difference, aloft was new, clean and fresh, W was not. aloft was reasonably priced and W was not. aloft was in Cleveland and W as in San Francisco, OK the cities are different to be sure. If you don't like minimalist, then stay away from both hotels.

The hotel is located in the "warehouse district" a typically gentrified piece of redevelopment seen in many cities nowadays with nice restaurants, bars and shops within walking distance from the hotel. The streets were well lit and seemed safe to walk at night.

It is located at 1111 West 10th Street however it will not program in a Google GPS in my car, because the address is too new. I used 1200 and it was close enough. It's setting is on the river and a view from that side of the hotel reveals bridges, train tracks and the river. It is a ten minute drive to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Science museums. The hotel's general manager was nice enough to procure a couple $18.00 general admission tickets for me when I called a few days before my arrival.

The lobby is spartan, bigger than the W, but that is the style. The staff were pleasant and eager to help meet any and all of my needs. They had $25/day unlimited in/out parking. There was live music off the lobby bar on theFriday night when I was there.

All the rooms are the same size, rather simple but neat and basic. My wife likes comfy and not such a "sterile" environment and I was instructed to choose traditional the next time around. The attached photos should show you what I have described. Personally I would go back there again, if she will agree!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the new Aloft Cleveland Downtown and for your review on Trip Advisor. We were happy that you and your wife had the opportunity to partake in some of our services and amenities, and enjoyed yourselves. We hope you'll come and see us again should your travels from Syracuse bring you to Cleveland. I hope you enjoyed the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Been to Aloft Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!