“Clean, Trendy, Cool Bar and Restaurants” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Vienna, Ohio
“Clean, Trendy, Cool Bar and Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I enjoyed this hotel and the location, we had a king room overlooking the water. My husband enjoyed seeing the bridges open to allow the boats through. There are frequent trains, but they did not bother us as we live near a train that passes by at home so we are accustomed to this sound. It was a bit noisy because the patio below had people hanging out partying until after 2am so if you are a light sleeper I would recommend a city view for this reason. They did supply ear plugs which is nice.
Ken Stewarts for lunch was not all I expected it to be, the food was just ok. My husband had lobster sandwich, onion soup, and it was too rich and fairly greasy. I had a kale salad which was good, but the mushroom appetizer was oily and bland. Lago was much better, significantly cheaper, and we sat outside I would recommend Lago over Ken Stewart's if I had to choose. Lago we shared a caesar salad and scallops with kale and polenta both wonderfully prepared.
The location was nice for a morning walk and the hotel offered a breakfast that was cafeteria style, we went to XYZ tavern on Detroit Ave instead which was nice. We enjoyed the West Side Market for a bit also, bring a cooler if you are from out of town and want to buy meat or seafood.
The bar at the hotel is great with wonderful drinks, I highly recommend the Reese's Pieces martini it was heavenly and I don't normally indulge in such a thing but I just had to try it. It was fun and different. The staff were all great. We would stay here again if we had to but we actually prefer the Marriott Key. Just a preference I guess, overall there was nothing wrong it is just different than what we are accustomed to. We were glad we stayed to try out something new, and I do like the area this is in.

Room Tip: city view if you are a light sleeper due to trains and patio with people out late partying
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Greetings from Cleveland! We appreciate your feedback from your review and are glad to see you enjoyed your time with us. I am sharing your comments with our team to let them know that you were treated well and enjoyed the Reese's martini at Wxyz Lounge. We receive many positive comments about the experience guests have in our lounge, not to mention the great views and location of the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

New property in a beautiful location near the waterfront in Cleveland. The property is clean and well-maintained but what really stands out is the staff...they are great! Staff from the front desk to housekeeping are courteous, friendly and willing to help out in anyway. The workout room is adequate with quality equipment.

I live on the road four nights a week and have tried out several properties in Cleveland. The Aloft beats them all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Greetings! Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. I know there are many hotels to choose from in the area, so we appreciate you staying with us. I will share your comments with our talent staff. We hope to see you again on your next trip through.
Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is your typical Aloft Hotel (European Style Rooms...all the same...basic bed and bath) except the lobby/bar area has a lot of style and atmosphere. Great music selection, pool table, outside relax area, etc. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. The hotel is within walking distances to many of the pub/restaurant areas. This hotel is modern and has an awesome AC system. Definitely worth the stay if you want to get away from the typical standard hotels, and want to try something a bit differently and with style. Self park across the street if you are going to stay put, otherwise use the valet if you will be "in and out" a lot...definitely save you some money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city (not the lake/river) if you a perfectly quiet sleep. The view rooms...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We're all excited about being the newest hotel in the area and have heard many nice comments about our location, amenities, and service. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. I hope you are able to come back soon. Thanks again!
Canfield, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

When called to verify my one room reservation, the hotel said I have two rooms. One being a connecting room. I said there should only be one room not two. When we showed up after dinner. They canceled my entire reservation and left us stranded downtown with no options.

Stayed there before, the mattresses and pillows are not comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We appreciate all of the comments our guests give to us.

My apologies for the unfortunate incident surrounding your reservations being cancelled. However, upon reviewing the incident, I was informed that when disclosing to the person via phone that there were two reservations, the reply was that neither reservation would be needed. Our front desk agent cancelled both reservations and gave the numbers to the caller per policy.

Again, my apologies for the confusion, but our team member had handled the request appropriately. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss the issue further. I can be reached at 216-400-6469. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Eric Cybulski
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a very hip hotel.. Lobby fits the decor perfectly.. The rooms are small, and very contemporary..But don't expect cleaning service. We left our room around 9:00 am and didn't return until around 6:00 pm and the room wasn't ever cleaned.. The hotel is geared to the younger professional or traveler. We would stay here again if passing through Cleveland

• Stayed July 2013
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again. I would like to apologize for the service of our housekeeping team. I will share your review with them so we may improve the level of service we provide to all of our guests. Again, thank you for your comments as they help us to fine tune all of our operations.
Keller, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I get the "cool" vibe. Certainly the lobby fits the bill. Great bar, my kids loved the pool table.

The rooms, though, felt like upscale camp bunk. You walk in to see open closets. The bathroom was fine, but the door was a slider that you have to look for. The lighting was strange, you can't have just a little light as the bathroom light shares a switch with the hallway. Too much light if you want to leave something lit for the kids.

There was nothing bad about the place, just mostly odd. The W is hip, the Aloft is odd.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello, and thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We always appreciate any feedback that our guests give us. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed our recreation area. However, I am sorry to hear your were not satisfied with your guest room. Aloft is a lifestyle brand, much like W, but with a focus on its public space and ability to bring people together and create memories in our re:mix and Wxyz lounge areas. Seeing that we are a specialty select brand, we do not offer all of the full service options that W would. We do hope you will consider staying with us again should your travel plans bring you back to the Cleveland area. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss your stay further at 216-400-6469. Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely
Eric Cybulski
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Words that come to my mind> Minimal, IKEA, 2/3 Bed Room/ 1/3 Bath Room, Great Location/ Warehouse District, Lots of restaurants, Lots of activity, Cool Hotel/ Cool people, Trains, River. I'd stay at the Aloft the next time I'm in Cleveland.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review about the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. All of the descriptors you used on your review are similar to what we are hearing from the majority of our guests thus far. Our guests enjoy the location, the views, the atmosphere, the energy of our talented team, etc. We hope to see you again should your travel plans call for you to be in the Cleveland area. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Aloft Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!