“Beautiful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
St. Louis
“Beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at Aloft for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. The hotel is beautiful and located within walking distance of plenty of shops and restaurants. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but the beds are really comfortable. I'll be traveling to Cleveland a lot and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your response! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Several of our guests enjoy the fact that our location is convenient to many of Cleveland's attractions. We hope to see you again when you stay in Cleveland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was our first visit to an Aloft property. Hotel opened a few weeks back and is very close to the rapid line/railroad. Other reviews told us to ask for a room on the other side of the building. We didn't hear the trains but the whole building shakes when a big one goes by. Parking is expensive. $20 to valet or self park in the garage with no in/out options. The staff was great all around - very helpful. Rooms are smallish - only 1 chair in the King room. The light and fan are on the same switch for the bathroom/vanity area so it's either dark and silent or light and loud. Free internet in the room - nice touch. Good shower. Mini-fridge included. I would stay here again but look forward to the opening of another SPG hotel downtown next year.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room that faces away from the rapid line.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are very excited to be the newest hotel in the Cleveland market and to represent the Starwood brand. We are happy you enjoyed our amenities such as the free internet. We will continue to look for ways to enhance our guest experience and fine tune our operations so all guests are satisfied even though items such as train traffic is beyond our control. We hope to see you again in the future.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I'm a brand loyal spg member and I think this particular hotel (open for two weeks). Is going to be a great and efficient place to stay once it works the kinks out. The lady who checked us in Cathy (or Catherine) was amazing and working so hard. She had us move to a room on Lake Erie that was bigger cause she saw our two kids. The train was Loud but we were road weary. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We had an alarm wake all of us in the morning but that isn't the hotels fault. Still you can see that they have workers around and will find ways to be more efficient, for instance, we only had decaf in our room. usually this could put me in a fit of anger, but I was more upset with the lack of a hotel book that would discuss places to eat and so forth. What ended up happening is late on Sunday, I was running around Cleveland looking for a place to grab food for my kids, I will stay here again if I go to the rock n roll hof,

Room Tip: Away from the train
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Campbell S,
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your overall experience at Aloft. Great customer service is very important to us and we will be sure to share your comments with Cathy. We'll also check that each of our guest rooms have both regular and decaf coffee as well as a local area guide. We hope you'll come back to see us. Take care!
manhattan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I saw on the elevator door there was an aloft in Cleveland, so I changed my hotel to stay here. I didn't know it's only open a week. All is in the same design and process of all alofts. Bar area is large, car valet swift, check in fast. My room was clean of course, probably I was the 1st person. Had to adjust air conditioning as it was stuck on very cold. They came within 2 minutes. All staff helpful, and quick for any request. Car valet was less than 10. Area is near railroads, but 5 minutes walk to restaurants and all downtown stuff. Adjacent to a large office block so expect the courtyard to develop. I did hear the rail, I was facing it, but I didn't hear it until the morning. I could feel a slight rumble. I would still recommend this hotel compared to older style in Cleveland area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear judManhattan,
We really appreciate your review, thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you were able to experience Aloft Cleveland Downtown during our first week and enjoyed our rooms, service and location. We hope you'll come back to see us soon. Take care!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel is located less than a hundred feet from the greater Cleveland regional transit authority train tracks AND a very active commercial railroad line. I spent my first night in a room facing the tracks and didn't get much sleep do to the trains that pass all night. If you're a light sleeper you'll be doomed! The hotel was accommodating and offered to change my room to the east side of the building which is somewhat quieter but you definitely will still hear the trains. You'd think the architects would have spec'd out some sound proof windows for this brand new property but likely not in the budget for the aloft brand. I just thought you should know before considering this hotel option ...

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't face the railroad tracks if you want a good nights rest.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Snouchy,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the noise from the train and are doing our best to ensure that our guests have a quiet overnight experience at our location. Feel free to contact me at eric.cybulski@aloftclevelanddowntown.com to discuss your experience further. We hope the rest of your visit to Cleveland was a good one.

Been to Aloft Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!