“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to attend a wedding in Cleveland. The location is great and you can walk to Little Italy. I had all positive interactions with their staff (bar, valet and front desk). The rooms are new with clean linens & an amazing walk in shower with ceramic tile. I had a wonderful stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Kristin H,

Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority; I glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and location. Reflections like yours allow us to monitor and improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to host you again soon.

Scott Starek, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and stayed here 2 nights while coming to Cleveland Clinic. We were very impressed! Nice rooms, beautiful facility, great location, and the staff was friendly and helpful! Like others have mentioned, I wish there was another parking option other than Valet, but overall we liked it and will stay again when we come back to Cleveland.

Dear Lauren M,

I’m thrilled to learn we satisfied your travel needs. It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our friendly associates and location. We appreciate your recommendation, but of course the highest form of praise would be your return!

Upper Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Nice, new, neat. Great location for univ. Hosp., Cleve clinic and case western. Rooms are beautiful and spacious. Bathroom shower is awesome.The downside is valet parking only. Walk to little Italy for dinner and pastries. Lovely weekend.

Stayed July 2014
We are thrilled to learn you had a lovely weekend and enjoyed our beautiful rooms and fun location. We appreciate you sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. Please visit us again soon.

wisconin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was here for class at Case for ten days and had a great stay. Friendly and helpful staff - the valets, front desk and sales person Stephanie. Very impressed! The only disappointment was the restaurant. I decided to have dinner there one night and chose to sit outside on the patio while I ate and worked. The staff member delivered my meal. I requested ketchup which she said she would bring but never did. I also realized that she had not brought the soup I ordered. Unfortunately she never returned with the ketchup or to see if I needed something. Because I had my laptop and all my papers laid out and I was outside, I didn't want to leave my things sit unattended to go and look for her, nor did I want to pack everything up to go find her. So I ended up finishing my meal, packed up, and then found her. I got reimbursed for the item I didn't get, but the experience was a disappointment, especially after everyone else was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
My sincere apologies for the service you experienced in our restaurant. This is not up to our standards and I have taken note. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I will be sure to share your kind comments with Stephanie. We hope to see you on a return visit.

Becket, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

For decades this important educational, medical, and cultural center of Cleveland was woefully in need of a good place to stay. No more. This Courtyard could not be better located, adjacent to University Hospital's cancer center, at the edge of the Case campus, short walks from the magnificent new Museum of Art and the Museum of Modern Art, or from perhaps the finest Symphony Orchestra in the country at Severance Hall. At dinner or lunch time time a brisk walk, or a ride in the hotel's shuttle will take you Little Italy. It's all right there. No hotel is closer or more convenient than this one. The shuttle will deliver you to or from the airport. The city's new Euclid Avenue transit system is nearly at the door. Parking is adjacent and served by hotel valets, who really work to please, aware that your needs are immediate, and the parking price is high. In fact, throughout from valet to reception, to housekeeping to food service, the hotel staff is well trained, friendly and very responsive. This is a Marriott Courtyard, but better designed than most and even a bit luxurious. The rooms are very well furnished, and though in the heart of the city, they are quiet. I'm not a fan of Marriott's current Bistro effort at quick, convenient, limited menu food service, but there it is, quick, convenient, and limited.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are probably quieter than those over entrance area.
Green Features: Recycling is well developed in Cuyahoga County, and hotel participation is noticeable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our luxurious rooms, complimentary shuttle and convenient location. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. I look forward to sharing your kind remarks.

Scott Starek
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed in Cleveland for three nights at this hotel and we were not disappointed! Very modern and extremely clean, and the staff was incredibly cordial and accommodating. You can tell the staff really works as a team and that they genuinely care about your experience at the Marriott. The shuttle was a nice feature of this hotel, very convenient. The bistro was nice as well and there is also Starbucks five steps away too. Highly recommended!

Stayed July 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
It is fantastic to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We thank you for your compliments regarding our modern rooms and shuttle service, but more importantly our staff. Our associates strive to provide exceptional guest experiences; I will be sure to share your kind feedback t. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

From the new modern decor to the luxurious beds this hotel was amazing. The staff was always more than helpful, going above and beyond. The restaurant had great food, from sit down meals to grabbing a quick yogurt on the go. At night they even had a courtyard with a fire pit for guests to enjoy. They also offer a shuttle service for short trips, I believe within a 2-3 mile radius. If you get a chance while staying here, Little Italy is just a quick 5 minute walk (or 2 minute shuttle ride) away. It's a nice quaint little area with lots of shops and great restaurants. This was a superb hotel with not one flaw that I noticed while staying here.
If you are looking to spend sometime in downtown Cleveland (Indians game, Warehouse District) it is a good 20 minute drive. When we booked they booking agent said they were "downtown" but I believe this hotel is actually "uptown." We did have to spend some money on cabs to get downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Erin F,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am happy to hear your enjoyed our new modern décor and bistro, but most importantly our friendly staff. I will be sure to share your kind comments. A return visit is the best compliment, so we hope to see you again.

Scott Starek, GM

Been to Courtyard Cleveland University Circle? Share your experiences!