“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

From the new modern decor to the luxurious beds this hotel was amazing. The staff was always more than helpful, going above and beyond. The restaurant had great food, from sit down meals to grabbing a quick yogurt on the go. At night they even had a courtyard with a fire pit for guests to enjoy. They also offer a shuttle service for short trips, I believe within a 2-3 mile radius. If you get a chance while staying here, Little Italy is just a quick 5 minute walk (or 2 minute shuttle ride) away. It's a nice quaint little area with lots of shops and great restaurants. This was a superb hotel with not one flaw that I noticed while staying here.
If you are looking to spend sometime in downtown Cleveland (Indians game, Warehouse District) it is a good 20 minute drive. When we booked they booking agent said they were "downtown" but I believe this hotel is actually "uptown." We did have to spend some money on cabs to get downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Erin F,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am happy to hear your enjoyed our new modern décor and bistro, but most importantly our friendly staff. I will be sure to share your kind comments. A return visit is the best compliment, so we hope to see you again.

Scott Starek, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard because a family member was hospitalized out of town. The staff at the Courtyard was friendly, helpful, and responsive. Excellent service; Superior quality. I sty in hotels all over the world, and I have to say that this is absolutely one of the best in every category.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Carol D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s wonderful to know our staff left such a lasting impression with you through their kindness and warm hospitality. I’m pleased we could add a little comfort during this difficult time so you could enjoy your stay and a good night’s rest. We’re happy to have had you as our guests, and we look forward to being your home away from home during your return visits.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Upon entering the hotel, we were ignored by the front desk. After being ignored for a considerable amount of time, I voiced my frustration with the front desk clerk. He then went on a tangent about how they were understaffed and busy, all the while being extremely rude to me. When we finally entered our room, it had a leaking air conditioner. I called that evening to the front desk for maintenance, they finally arrived the next day. The floor was already soaked, but I put a garbage container under it to try and catch the water. The clerk said he "upgraded" our room as an apology for his terrible service. However, we booked our hotel in advance and we were double charged for our room. After our stay, we informed the manager of the issue. They said they would refund the charges. I called again, because we didn't receive the refund. The manager said it wasn't completed the first time. He assured me it would be done this time. We are waiting for the refund to post. Also the amount they are refunding is the "upgraded" amount, not the higher price I paid on the vendor site. And to top it off, I tried asking the cleaning staff for clean towels and she didn't speak English. So I called down to the front desk to ask for towels, twice, because they didn't send them the first time. Overall, this was the worst stay in a hotel I have ever experienced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and we are sorry for falling short of this goal. Your satisfaction is important to us and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make your stay the best it can be. I am at your service if you would like to discuss further.

Warmest Regards,
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Courtyard Cleveland University Circle is the best Courtyard we've experienced. The staff is friendly, helpful, and most importantly, very efficient. The rooms are clean and bright. The beds are extremely comfortable.
If you are planning a trip to Cleveland, this is the hotel where you should be staying

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Peter R,

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. It’s nice to know you enjoyed our clean & bright rooms, comfortable beds and efficient staff. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team! Thank you taking the time to write.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here for two days using my Marriott points. I was able to use my Platinum Elite membership for a 3 pm check out which was great for museum visiting and lunch at the nearby Uptown complex. I had an appointment yesterday and the hotel shuttle actually took me over there. I was very grateful for that. :-)
Starbucks is right outside the front door but the hotel coffee shop is also very nice.

The staff is very friendly and the hotel immaculate. My room was also immaculate and the corridors very quiet. I've stayed here a few times and it's still wonderful! I recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
We appreciate your kind feedback; it means so much from a Marriott Platinum Elite guest. It’s nice to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, shuttle, Starbucks and friendly staff. Your kind words let us know the efforts across all departments are being noticed. A return visit is the best compliment.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I just checked into the hotel on 6/23 at 2:40PM and plan to stay for 3 nights. The lobby looks really nice and got my keys to the room within 10 minutes. Once I opened the door, I realized that one bed was made and the other bed was a mess. I headed downstairs to the lobby to change my room and was given a higher floor because I requested it, but was not offered an apology. The guy at the front desk only asked what state the room was in and said something about the housekeeper. He handed me the keys and said okay. I thought the service at Marriott would be different and that's why I joined the membership rewards. I'm might have to think twice before staying at another Marriott. I'll update the rest of my stay and hopefully it'll be better than today.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Julia,

I apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our usual standards. I will be sure to discuss this review with our housekeeping staff to heighten our awareness of such issues. My regrets that you were not met with an immediate apology by our front desk. We value you as our guest, and hope that you will give us another opportunity. Thank you for sharing. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to impact future guest experiences.

Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This Courtyard opened a little over a year ago and definitely still has that "new car" smell and vibe. The entire hotel is very clean and has been treated well with care, and it also feels more upscale than your ordinary, run-of-the-mill Courtyard. We stayed in a standard King room, and everything felt and appeared brand-new.

The location in University Circle, an up-and-coming area of Cleveland, was fantastic, with Little Italy, the Botanical Gardens and several museums and restaurants within walking distance. We never felt unsafe in the neighborhood and really enjoyed being able to explore the area. We also saved a ton by not staying in an overpriced hotel in downtown Cleveland.

Valet parking is $20 per night at the hotel, but it is well worth it. They offer a text message pickup service, which was very convenient. You just text your valet number to the provided phone number and 10 minutes later your car is ready.

Room Tip: South-facing rooms on higher floors offer a complete buffer from any city noise below.