“Great Courtyard in Cleveland!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Courtyard in Cleveland!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Courtyard Cleveland University Circle is the best Courtyard we've experienced. The staff is friendly, helpful, and most importantly, very efficient. The rooms are clean and bright. The beds are extremely comfortable.
If you are planning a trip to Cleveland, this is the hotel where you should be staying

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Peter R,

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. It’s nice to know you enjoyed our clean & bright rooms, comfortable beds and efficient staff. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team! Thank you taking the time to write.

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here for two days using my Marriott points. I was able to use my Platinum Elite membership for a 3 pm check out which was great for museum visiting and lunch at the nearby Uptown complex. I had an appointment yesterday and the hotel shuttle actually took me over there. I was very grateful for that. :-)
Starbucks is right outside the front door but the hotel coffee shop is also very nice.

The staff is very friendly and the hotel immaculate. My room was also immaculate and the corridors very quiet. I've stayed here a few times and it's still wonderful! I recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
We appreciate your kind feedback; it means so much from a Marriott Platinum Elite guest. It’s nice to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, shuttle, Starbucks and friendly staff. Your kind words let us know the efforts across all departments are being noticed. A return visit is the best compliment.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I just checked into the hotel on 6/23 at 2:40PM and plan to stay for 3 nights. The lobby looks really nice and got my keys to the room within 10 minutes. Once I opened the door, I realized that one bed was made and the other bed was a mess. I headed downstairs to the lobby to change my room and was given a higher floor because I requested it, but was not offered an apology. The guy at the front desk only asked what state the room was in and said something about the housekeeper. He handed me the keys and said okay. I thought the service at Marriott would be different and that's why I joined the membership rewards. I'm might have to think twice before staying at another Marriott. I'll update the rest of my stay and hopefully it'll be better than today.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Julia,

I apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our usual standards. I will be sure to discuss this review with our housekeeping staff to heighten our awareness of such issues. My regrets that you were not met with an immediate apology by our front desk. We value you as our guest, and hope that you will give us another opportunity. Thank you for sharing. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to impact future guest experiences.

Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This Courtyard opened a little over a year ago and definitely still has that "new car" smell and vibe. The entire hotel is very clean and has been treated well with care, and it also feels more upscale than your ordinary, run-of-the-mill Courtyard. We stayed in a standard King room, and everything felt and appeared brand-new.

The location in University Circle, an up-and-coming area of Cleveland, was fantastic, with Little Italy, the Botanical Gardens and several museums and restaurants within walking distance. We never felt unsafe in the neighborhood and really enjoyed being able to explore the area. We also saved a ton by not staying in an overpriced hotel in downtown Cleveland.

Valet parking is $20 per night at the hotel, but it is well worth it. They offer a text message pickup service, which was very convenient. You just text your valet number to the provided phone number and 10 minutes later your car is ready.

Room Tip: South-facing rooms on higher floors offer a complete buffer from any city noise below.
Green Features: Recycling containers in every room are a nice touch.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
It is wonderful to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We are delighted to hear not only of the comfort you experienced at our hotel, but also that you were able to take advantage of the offerings in our area. Our location is a key attribute to providing our guests with endless opportunities of discovery throughout their stay.
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Booked the courtyard and was not disappointed. It is a clean and modern hotel conveniently located, pretty much what one would expect from a courtyard.
The restaurant is more like a fast food place, the choices of food and beverages are average. Gym is a plus, swimming pool is small

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast; it is feedback like this which allows us to improve future guest experiences. We hope to see you again soon.
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

A great hotel at a convenient location. Room was immaculate, staff was professional. Breakfast at the Bistro was quick and convenient. An option for self-parking would be nice, but the parking staff provided quick and efficient service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, OH. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, professional staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.
Kind Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Would really give it 4+. Great location within walking distance to Little Italy, museums, hospitals, CWRU and more, friendly staff and very nice rooms. The hotel is in great condition with all amenities. Be aware that you have to valet for $20 a day but there is a free shuttle for destinations within 2 miles. Bonus points for refrigerator in room since we stopped by Western market and for the nice shower. Will be our hotel of choice in Cleveland.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.

Been to Courtyard Cleveland University Circle? Share your experiences!