“Well maintained, convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Baltimore, Maryland
“Well maintained, convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a relatively new hotel with excellent amenities and very friendly, helpful staff. There's a nice lounge/restaurant area with good options for breakfast and dinner, plus a Starbucks next door and several other restaurants within walking distance. They also offer a nice shuttle service to the museum and other spots within a 2-3 mile radius. Overall a wonderful place to stay at a reasonable price.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
jewelross,
Thank you for your complimentary feedback from your stay with us at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. We're pleased to hear that our friendly staff and excellent amenities made for such a wonderful stay. It's great to know you had an opportunity to explore the area and discover the many dining options that our location has to offer. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you again for your great review.

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a great property! Nice, new, smart looking property. Location worked out well for us. My wife loved the room. Located near many restaurants and museums. The only drawback is the mandatory valet parking for overnight stays. Seeing that there is not an option when parking they should include it in the room rate.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
elconquistador765,
Thank you for writing a review from your visit to Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We're thrilled to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We've stayed in Cleveland a few times and decided to try a different neighborhood on this trip. This hotel is just a short drive from Little Italy, the art museum, and several nice parks. The room was clean, modern and spacious... very comfortable and a great value. While I don't love having to pay for valet parking, the service was quick, easy and friendly, and it was comforting to know the car was parked in a secure garage. I'd highly recommend this Courtyard!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
JesMonaco,
We appreciate you giving our hotel a try on your recent trip to Cleveland, and we thank you for sharing your experience. It's wonderful to hear all the aspects that made for a comfortable stay. Please plan to visit us again at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. Thank you again for your review and recommendations of our great hotel.

South Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I enjoyed my 11 day stay and will most definitely stay there again. Sarah Cord, and Jacob went out of their way to ensure that my requests were given their utmost attention. They were without a doubt concerned with the guests comfort and safety,they personally were interested in the guests' requests and followed up. The hospitality, friendliness, and professionalism of the staff was a pleasant surprise. Amy and Jeffery were courteous, and drove me safely with efficiency and made sure I reached my destination with door to door service ! Overall, my experience was exceptional. THANK YOU for your kindness, I missed my family but the staff made it all OK ! :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
susan g,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience with us at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than recognition from our guests on the excellent service delivered during your stay. Our dedicated team of associates strive daily to exceed guest expectations. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our team, and I will make sure Sarah Cord, Jacob, Amy, and Jeffrey all receive special commendations on their outstanding service. Thank you again for writing. We hope to extend our hospitality to you again in the future.

Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

First of the room amenities were awesome. High-end, clean and spacious.

Secondly the Front Desk Staff was extremely helpful...especially Jacob. He helped me out of jam by printing a few needed documents for an appointment I had. No questions asked he simply asked "How may I be of service". First Class all the way

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Patrick K,
Thank you for sharing your review and complimentary feedback from your stay with us at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. It's fantastic to hear that our clean accommodations and excellent service made for an enjoyable stay. Our team makes sincere hospitality their priority. I will be certain to pass along your compliments and recognize Jacob with a special commendation for his outstanding service. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Cleveland. Thank you once again for your great review.

Rochester New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel was very clean, modern and close to great restaurants. They provide a shuttle to the restaurants which was very nice too. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We will stay here again if/when we return to Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
JimmyJ62,
Thank you for your review and recommendations of Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our clean accommodations, convenient location, and complimentary shuttle service well suited for your travels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I suggested to the manaqer of this hotel that it raise prices above other popular hotels. They all have ...well check the POOR and the other options showing the bad comments people have....negative comments including one thing I will not tolerate...bugs. I suggest they raise their prices and put the extra money into an account to exterminate regularly and well...keep staff that keeps rooms clean (raises in pay) and for upgrades to carpeting (others I've read even have what looks like poop? stains?) This hotel has the opportunity to be the best Cleveland has to offer. They will 'fall in line' with some of the other hotels...or take the opportunity now while it's new to make this the one hotel you can go to without fear of finding bugs, hair in the bathroom and bedding.... I hope they do. I along with most people who stay in Cleveland are either going to the clinic or a show...are there only a very short time. And wouldn't mind paying more to not have some of these problems. My greatest fear is bedbugs...you have to throw away everything you own!!! That costs far more than paying more for the hotel room in the first place. I'd rather pay more and know the room is clean and bugfree than to have to lose all of my belongings!!! Think about it...please! This was a clean hotel. Honestly...isn't that the bottom line? So what if a desk person doesn't return your call....you call back...maybe they forgot. You can't expect perfection....but you can expect what this hotel has. A microwave (downstairs and in some suites I understand), a fridge in the room...clean carpeting, drapes that work, water/heat/ac that works...now is the time for this hotel to decide if they will join and be the norm....or be the best. I NEED a hotel I can COUNT on....one that I can trust. This is it...at this time. Time will tell if they continue or not. People..please comment...would you rather trust a hotel and pay more...or take a chance and find yourself here rating this hotel as 'poor'? Not to mention the aggrivation and possible bug issues. Check the other reviews of hotels...I don't WANT to experience what some of them have. I'm TERRIFIED of bugs. Is it too much to ask for a clean room with clean bedding and towels? I don't think so. I'd rather pay a bit MORE and be sure every room is perfect. I don't care about swimming. Most people coming here are wanting to go to CCF or see the sites. Oh...the ONLY thing I can suggest...my husband ate at the restaurant downstairs. It could be better.....it wasn't horrible but he said it wasn't what he expected. But...starbucks is close and other restaurants are on the next block.
Keep up the good work at this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Check around bedding and mattresses where seams are. In the middle of the night lift covers and pill...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
lynne a,
It's great to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your experience at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. We strive daily to exceed the expectations of our guests and we hope to do so by providing a clean and comfortable stay with genuine and hospitable service. We're glad you found our hotel and convenient location well suited for your travels. Please continue to make Courtyard Cleveland University Circle your number one choice hotel in the area. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Sincerely
Scott Starek, General Manager

Been to Courtyard Cleveland University Circle? Share your experiences!