“Front Desk Support” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Libertyville, Illinois
“Front Desk Support”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

First of the room amenities were awesome. High-end, clean and spacious.

Secondly the Front Desk Staff was extremely helpful...especially Jacob. He helped me out of jam by printing a few needed documents for an appointment I had. No questions asked he simply asked "How may I be of service". First Class all the way

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Patrick K,
Thank you for sharing your review and complimentary feedback from your stay with us at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. It's fantastic to hear that our clean accommodations and excellent service made for an enjoyable stay. Our team makes sincere hospitality their priority. I will be certain to pass along your compliments and recognize Jacob with a special commendation for his outstanding service. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Cleveland. Thank you once again for your great review.

Scott Starek, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rochester New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel was very clean, modern and close to great restaurants. They provide a shuttle to the restaurants which was very nice too. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We will stay here again if/when we return to Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
JimmyJ62,
Thank you for your review and recommendations of Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our clean accommodations, convenient location, and complimentary shuttle service well suited for your travels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I suggested to the manaqer of this hotel that it raise prices above other popular hotels. They all have ...well check the POOR and the other options showing the bad comments people have....negative comments including one thing I will not tolerate...bugs. I suggest they raise their prices and put the extra money into an account to exterminate regularly and well...keep staff that keeps rooms clean (raises in pay) and for upgrades to carpeting (others I've read even have what looks like poop? stains?) This hotel has the opportunity to be the best Cleveland has to offer. They will 'fall in line' with some of the other hotels...or take the opportunity now while it's new to make this the one hotel you can go to without fear of finding bugs, hair in the bathroom and bedding.... I hope they do. I along with most people who stay in Cleveland are either going to the clinic or a show...are there only a very short time. And wouldn't mind paying more to not have some of these problems. My greatest fear is bedbugs...you have to throw away everything you own!!! That costs far more than paying more for the hotel room in the first place. I'd rather pay more and know the room is clean and bugfree than to have to lose all of my belongings!!! Think about it...please! This was a clean hotel. Honestly...isn't that the bottom line? So what if a desk person doesn't return your call....you call back...maybe they forgot. You can't expect perfection....but you can expect what this hotel has. A microwave (downstairs and in some suites I understand), a fridge in the room...clean carpeting, drapes that work, water/heat/ac that works...now is the time for this hotel to decide if they will join and be the norm....or be the best. I NEED a hotel I can COUNT on....one that I can trust. This is it...at this time. Time will tell if they continue or not. People..please comment...would you rather trust a hotel and pay more...or take a chance and find yourself here rating this hotel as 'poor'? Not to mention the aggrivation and possible bug issues. Check the other reviews of hotels...I don't WANT to experience what some of them have. I'm TERRIFIED of bugs. Is it too much to ask for a clean room with clean bedding and towels? I don't think so. I'd rather pay a bit MORE and be sure every room is perfect. I don't care about swimming. Most people coming here are wanting to go to CCF or see the sites. Oh...the ONLY thing I can suggest...my husband ate at the restaurant downstairs. It could be better.....it wasn't horrible but he said it wasn't what he expected. But...starbucks is close and other restaurants are on the next block.
Keep up the good work at this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Check around bedding and mattresses where seams are. In the middle of the night lift covers and pill...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
lynne a,
It's great to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your experience at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. We strive daily to exceed the expectations of our guests and we hope to do so by providing a clean and comfortable stay with genuine and hospitable service. We're glad you found our hotel and convenient location well suited for your travels. Please continue to make Courtyard Cleveland University Circle your number one choice hotel in the area. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Sincerely
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We chose this hotel because it is perfectly located within walking distance of Severance Hall of the Cleveland Orchestra where we attended an evening performance. We felt safe walking in this area at night. The only drawback was that one of us (two women) had to sleep on an uncomfortable sofa bed as there were no other doubles available. I also find valet parking a pain as it means you cannot easily get to your car if you’ve left something behind. No breakfast was included and there was a charge for internet.

Room Tip: Don't take a room with a sofa bed if you intend to sleep on it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
junawally,
We appreciate you selecting Courtyard Cleveland University Circle while attending a Cleveland Orchestra performance, and we thank you for writing a review from your stay. We're glad our great location was perfect for your travel needs, and we apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We thank you again for writing a review, and we hope you'll return for another visit soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hotel is brand new and as one might expect it is in pristine shape. Rooms are eco friendly and the temperature control in the room works very well. had breakfast one morning, juice, yogurt, oatmeal all very good. if you have a car the parking options are not great. nothing free that is close by, valet parking is $18 per day which is rather high i think. The views out the windows can vary wideky fron a nice view of Case Western Reserve University to a view of patients in hospital rooms. You should ask what the view out your window is if you care. mitchells ice cream is a stones throw from the hotel. plenty of places for lunch also very close by

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
MrRichard2010,
Thank you very much for writing a review! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of care into our hotel and I am glad you found it enjoyable. We look forward to see you again when you are in the area!

Thanks again,
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great hotel. We arrived late one evening and was pleasantly greeted by everyone including the valet parking attendant and the front desk clerk. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated, the beds were so very comfortable, the hotel was quiet, and the shower in the room was really nice. Plenty of pillows and towels in the room when we arrived. Great location, but unable to do much exploring due to a quick trip for a doctor visit at Cleveland Clinic. Loved how close of a drive it was to the clinic. Great location near a university and walking distance to restaurants and Starbucks. Can't wait to go back and explore the area and enjoy all the amenities of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Love4Life2,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback on your stay with us at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. It’s great to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our friendly service and great location to meet your expectations. We look forward to your next visit, and we hope you’ll have more time to explore all that our hotel and surrounding area has to offer. Thank you once again for writing.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel is new, staff is wonderful (front desk, valet and housekeeping and beds are comfy. Loved the bathroom and the walk-in shower. Although we didn't really use the TV, I was impressed with how many channel options were available (in sharp contrast to some other hotels we've stayed in recently). There are many fast-casual restaurants nearby and Little Italy is a short walk. Great value for the money.

There are some drawbacks unfortunately. The only parking option is valet so an added expense plus you can't access your vehicle unless you have it brought around so we lugged everything into the hotel (umbrella, etc.) in case we might need items during our stay vs. leaving things in the car and grabbing if needed.

Despite the newness of the hotel, the AC system was a huge disappointment - noisy and ineffective in staying cool. This was an issue with sleeping since the duvets are TOO heavy and hot (and blankets aren't available in the room).

Finally, there is a beautiful outside lounge area with a fire pit. A great amenity unless it attracts noisy guests in the wee hours of the morning (complete with a barking dog?). We were awakened around 2:30 a.m. due to the noise and we were on the 8th floor. At 3:15 a.m., I finally called down to the front desk. So, a crappy night for sleeping.

The hotel is conveniently located, nice and new and very comfortable however the parking, AC and potential nighttime noise will be a consideration the next time we are in Cleveland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
traveltwins95,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments about our staff during our next team meeting. They take great pride in providing excellent service and it is nice to be recognized for their hard work. I regret you were inconvenienced with the noise and the AC unit in your room. I can assure you I will work with my management team and finding a solution as soon as possible. I hope you choose our convenient location when traveling to the area again - we would love to see you again!
Scott Starek, General Manager

Been to Courtyard Cleveland University Circle? Share your experiences!