“Perfect University Circle location; Stylish and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
New York City, New York
“Perfect University Circle location; Stylish and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Courtyard looks and feels like a well thought out European boutique hotel. It is comfortable, decorated tastefully in stylish modern decor, and provide all the amenities and great service needed for a comfortable stay. The staff and management are friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
YShimon,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback on our great hotel. We’re glad you had a comfortable stay and found our hotel’s modern décor and variety of amenities to meet your travel needs. I’ll be certain to pass along your kind comments to our team about their excellence in service. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Scott Starek, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I needed to stay in a hotel near Cleveland Clinic, and discovered this Courtyard. It's a new hotel, so everything was in top condition, and the overall layout and design was very appealing. The staff was extremely accommodating: the airport van driver insisted on taking me to an early meeting; the front desk staff made sure I knew exactly how to get back and forth to area attractions; housekeeping kept the room spotless. The location is perfect for any activity on the Case Western campus, and Orchestra fans should now consider this their home. Severance Hall is a short walk away and the contemporary art museum is across the street. I'd stay there again, no question.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
NolaHal
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback on our new hotel. I’m pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and found our friendly staff accommodating to your requests, your room spotless during your visit, and our location perfect for your travel needs. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. Thank you again for writing.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a family member at University Hospital for an extended hospital stay. We stayed at the Courtyard for approximately one month. The hotel is literally located directly across the street from the entrance to the hospital. It could not be more convenient. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was always very kind, professional and accomodating. Parking is also a snap with the convenient valet out front. This hotel is a very welcome addition to the university circle area and is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
sportstime,
We appreciate your review and for choosing to stay with us at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. We’re glad our convenient location, friendly staff, and comfortable accommodations made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Cleveland. Thank you again for writing and sharing your experience.

North Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Main design features: I really don't care for Courtyards in general (more expensive than Fairfield without the complementary breakfast), and I want to make that clear up front because my review may be colored by that bias. I typically travel alone on business, and so I am not as interested in what I saw as one of the main design features of this facility, the many social settings provided throughout the property. The hotel provides outdoor seating around a fire-pit, patio tables near another fireplace, and multiple nooks and sittong areas in the restaurant and lobby areas. I prefer the simpler setup and free breakfast at Marriott properties like Fairfield Inns when I am not staying in a full service hotel; but, groups may find this property very nice because it does offer these seating areas as well as the restaurant, a simple convenience store, and the top condition of a relatively new property.

Service and locale: I did highly appreciate the helpful front desk staff who directed me to a nearby grocery, and I like the courtesy van that is able to drop off and pick up guests on short trips. I did not get to enjoy the museums nearby which are a big attraction and part of the Case Western Reserve campus which this hotel abuts. The hotel is also next to several buildings of the University Hospital system and many convenience food restaurants are nearby for the student population.

Highlight: By far the most important thing to know when visiting this property is that Little Italy, a well known neighborhood with offbeat shops and restaurants, is just a short walk from the hotel. Italian restaurants of varying degree of formality are sprinkled around this little area like grated Parmesan on spaghetti. Many offer outdoor seating to enjoy the spring and summer weather, and I can attest to great food. The area seemed fairly safe to walk, especially for a group full of pasta and wine. And the hotel van would probably make a 2 minute trip to pickup guests after dark or in uncomfortable weather.

Downsides: There are not too many. Valet parking is $18 per day; perhaps not a lot for some travelers, but worth considering in planning for the trip. Rooms have small refrigerators but no microwaves, although there is one in the lobby convenience store area. I could not find a super convenient drugstore. There is supposed to be a Rite-Aid that is a little far to walk, so plan to carry what you need or use the courtesy van.

If you have business in the area, especially with a group traveling together, this is an ideal spot. I recommend you skip lunch, tour the Italian food nearby, and sit outside around the fire-pit to unwind at the end of the day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
NorthTexasMark,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. It’s great to hear you had an opportunity to explore Little Italy and the delicious food that wonderful restaurants have to offer. I’m glad found our front desk staff helpful and the courtesy van a value added service during your visit. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again and experience the other area attractions near our property, as well as another visit to Little Italy. Thank you again for your review and recommendations of our hotel to group travelers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

An ideal location walking distance to restaurants, museums, and parks. Brand new hotel. I only stayed one night but three different staff members asked me how my stay was. The staff was very friendly and approachable.

The shower was amazing. I also enjoyed the comfy sofa. As always Courtyard beds are ultra comfortable.

The only drawback was that parking was $18/day. That was a hidden cost.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
ChicaRunner,
We appreciate your review and kind comments about our great location, friendly staff and comfortable accommodations. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. Thank you again for writing.

Bemus Point, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were happy to have a brand new hotel within walking distance of a wedding and reception in Little Italy on June 1st. Everyone was great. The desk staff, the valet parking was great. Would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Gary S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while attending a wedding and reception in Little Italy. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to provide you with great customer service during your visit. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

As other reviewers have already stated this brand new hotel is terrific. It is one of the smaller Marriott's and very personal. Everyone from the car valets to the concierges to the restaurant staff were eager, smiling, cheerful and willing to go that extra mile. I was concerned that my rental car had been slightly damaged and the valet took the time to inspect the problem, determine that it was superficial and rubbed off what turned out to be some kind of glue. It took away the one worry I had on that trip and made it perfect. No small thing. Ditto everyone else's remarks for the comfortable room and luxurious shower. I had a corner room facing Euclid Avenue on the 6th floor. There was some street noise but somewhat muffled and not enough to bother me. Location is fabulous. Case Western Reserve University, wonderful museums, Little Italy, the University Hospital system are within easy walking distance, Starbucks, Panera and other chains are also nearby as well as Mitchell's Ice Cream store which looks like it is worth a visit (my timing wasn't right to try it.) All in all, I wish all chain hotels were like this one. I really hated to leave.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
silvergypsy45,
It’s great to hear from you and receive your complimentary feedback on our new hotel, central location, and excellent service. I’m pleased to hear our valet attendant took the time to inspect your vehicle and eased your worry during your visit. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we hope you’ll plan to stay with us again at Courtyard Cleveland University Circle. Thank you again for writing.

Scott Starek, General Manager

Been to Courtyard Cleveland University Circle? Share your experiences!