“Mind-blowing deliciousness” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 1,669 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Healthy, Grill
“Mind-blowing deliciousness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I thought I was obsessed with the food here, but it turns out all of my friends I've brought along became obsessed too. Amazing staff, great food and killer prices. There's nothing better in the Cleveland area!

“Amazing, authentic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here since they opened. Since then I've consumed a ridiculous amount of calories in middle eastern cuisine. Who knew that I would also make some amazing friends along the way to total gluttony. I love this place and you should too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent Arabic Food - Best of Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I have spent the last five years in Cleveland on a quest for the best chicken shawarma in town. Ihab has it at Cafe Falafel. Try it with only pickles and garlic!

I have enjoyed everything I have tried and Ihab is always quick to offer a sample of something new.

The falafel is exceptional and the baba ghanouj is always delicious - great smoky flavor.

Try the coffee too!

Parking can be a bit tough and dining in is a squeeze with two tables.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Girard, Ohio
“Great little cafe! Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I've never had this style of food before, and I can't think of a better place I could have chosen to try it out! Google Maps led me down the wrong road, but once I found the place and parked in the back, I walked in, was greeted with a smile and personal, fast service. The food tasted amazing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lakewood, Ohio
“Best Middle Eastern Food on the West Side of Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've eaten a lot of Middle Eastern food in the past 12 years. I've had my share of Middle Eastern food in Cleveland, Columbus, and as far as Damascus, Syria. Hands down, Ihab's food is the best Middle Eastern Food on the West side of Cleveland. The food is authentic, simple, and is made with a lot of care and thoughtfulness. The owner Ihab is someone who loves learning about cooking, recipes, and making his food the best; he has passion for his work and service. I've brought several friends and work friends to this fine establishment; every single person I've brought here is always wowed by the food. The prices are very reasonable, if not the best compared to the competition.

I love the turnips, pickles, tomatoes served with the wraps; the Shawarma, Shish Tawook, and Kefta are all delicious. The falafel is hands-down the best falafel I've had in Ohio. My favorite wraps are in this order: 1. Beef Schawarma, 2. Shish Tawook, 3. Kefta. If you can, see if Ihab will make you the falafel egg sandwich!

There is no Americanizing the food here. If you want authentic Middle Eastern food, go to Cafe Falafel and say hello to Ihab and Ron for a great meal and experience.

Don't forget to try adas (yellow lentil soup) and falafel.

• Visited February 2014